Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

And 80% off on Borderlands 3 Ultimate Edition (and another 15% on top if you have Humble Choice subscription):
Bought Borderlands 3, became a literal homosexual.
:mlady:
Interest level on Borderlands 3 is extremely low, but since I genuinely had a lot of fun with 1 and had SOME fun with 2 I have a hard time imagining I won't get $17 of fun out of this one.

Wasn't the Humble store that cancelled some keys and refunded the money in the past when they realized they had put higher discounts than they should or I am misremembering?
Yeah, they fucked up on the price of Call of Cthulhu. I think it was the winter sale the year the game released and it was an October release, then they screwed up and had it for $10 or something. Then they revoked all the keys and refunded everyone (And I can't remember but I think they also gave a $5-10 store credit coupon on top of it by way of apology, but I put my Steam in offline mode since I was anticipating it so my account didn't get the revoke order until I had finished the game and went back online. Fuck the police).

Edit: Yeah, poked around my email for the message. Did indeed send a $5 credit along with the refund.
3Xis6gs.jpg

Vatnik Wumao
I can't think of anything worth buying on Steam atm. Sad.

Guess I could get Imperator and maybe some of the games in the Tropico series, but eh. No point in making an impulsive buy just for the sake of it.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
And 80% off on Borderlands 3 Ultimate Edition (and another 15% on top if you have Humble Choice subscription):
Bought Borderlands 3, became a literal homosexual.
:mlady:
Interest level on Borderlands 3 is extremely low, but since I genuinely had a lot of fun with 1 and had SOME fun with 2 I have a hard time imagining I won't get $17 of fun out of this one.

Wasn't the Humble store that cancelled some keys and refunded the money in the past when they realized they had put higher discounts than they should or I am misremembering?
Yeah, they fucked up on the price of Call of Cthulhu. I think it was the winter sale the year the game released and it was an October release, then they screwed up and had it for $10 or something. Then they revoked all the keys and refunded everyone (And I can't remember but I think they also gave a $5-10 store credit coupon on top of it by way of apology, but I put my Steam in offline mode since I was anticipating it so my account didn't get the revoke order until I had finished the game and went back online. Fuck the police).

I suspect you might want to stay off the grid for the next couple of weeks this time also since the discounts are no longer available on the Humble store

BTW Borderland 3 Ultimate costs 99.99 on Humble the same price as the Super Deluxe, I wonder if that's another fuck up

I suspect you might want to stay off the grid for the next couple of weeks this time also since the discounts are no longer available on the Humble store

BTW Borderland 3 Ultimate costs 99.99 on Humble the same price as the Super Deluxe, I wonder if that's another fuck up
I might not bother in BL3's case. I'm a fairly slow gamer as it is since I most often only play an hour or two a day. Call of Cthulhu being a fairly short adventure game was reasonable and I still probably took about a week to finish it, BL3 with DLC would likely be obnoxious hiding out for that long.

Stopped reading, unsubscribe
It's cool, it's cool, RPG in that case stands for "Roguelike Persian Genre" game. Which is kind of a stretch unless you remember the news story that the developer's Iranian, but obviously the Codex is so monocled that everyone already knows this so I don't need to explain it and ruin the terrible attempt at a joke. :obviously:

Citizen

Edit: Yeah, poked around my email for the message. Did indeed send a $5 credit along with the refund.
3Xis6gs.jpg

Isn't this retarded bad marketing AND illegal? They just straight up lose money and turn away their customers instead of compensating the devs for their own mistakes

And IDK about kwanza but here in russia the price tag is equal to public offer and by revoking your key after your acceptance they literally break the law

Imagine a grocery store workers breaking into your house and stealing all the milk you just bought because "uh oh we accidentally put a lower price tag lol"

Isn't this retarded bad marketing AND illegal? They just straight up lose money and turn away their customers instead of compensating the devs for their own mistakes

And IDK about kwanza but here in russia the price tag is equal to public offer and by revoking your key after your acceptance they literally break the law

Imagine a grocery store workers breaking into your house and stealing all the milk you just bought because "uh oh we accidentally put a lower price tag lol"
Bad marketing, sure. But that's what the $5 credit's supposed to help cover. Illegal's probably more questionable since there's all that legalese about how you're not actually buying a game you're renting a license to temporarily view a game as long as you remain in the good graces of the associated companies, and it's basically never used EXCEPT in situations where there's a price mistake, illegal shit going on like using stolen credit cards, or extremely rarely like with Humble. In fact Humble's the only legitimate key seller I know of that's revoked keys due to a price mistake, so that's all their doing. Valve just has systems in place so they accept keys listed as stolen/invalid/whatever by other storefronts like Humble (And developers/publishers, actually. I think a few indie games have had gray market keys scraped before) and scrapes them.

It's also completely legit that if you order something from an online retailer they can cancel your order before it gets sent to you due to price fuckups. Once it's out the door 99.9% of everyone will honor mistakes, (Presumably 100% but there's probably been a weird fringe case somewhere) but if they can catch it before then a ton of places will stop it. The only weird part is how you can instantly get access to shit like this and then they take it after the fact.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Steam sales are managing to get even worse, in the future we will only have whooping 10% off for every game that's less than year old.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

ss_dc356834dafcc6c943ef8ad9f7dae8bd9ecdbc1a.600x338.jpg
ss_78068ec33667fc191439b16035e4addc23482151.600x338.jpg

Ruin Hunters is a turn-based tactical game where players must lead a party of three heroes. Wander into the deep of the dungeons, defeat enemies, gather treasures, while your party grows in power.

Features:
▪ Turn-based combat (position your heroes, and choose the right skill for attack or defense)
▪ Use the environment (use it for cover, attack, or just simple push the enemy to it)
▪ Level up your heroes (learn new skills, talents)
▪ Momentum points (some skill generates points, some needs points to cast, but when the hero reaches the maximum momentum, he will be able to perform stronger actions with the skills)
▪ Dungeon alert (alertness of the dungeon, as it is increased, monsters will be more alert, or attack your party unexpectedly)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom