Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Fargus

Arcane
You like some party based rpg games, bruh? Steam got you covered.
65dAltr.jpeg

deuxhero

Arcane
The Crimson Diamond looks like a nice text parser so far. Adventure games are really a hard genre to judge on a demo though.
Full Court Heroes might be interesting if you're a fan, but demo only has exhibition match so can't tell the quality of the player creation.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
I tried few demos:

Lost in the Open -Low fantasy medieval setting. Player is a VIP who must flee assassins through hostile countryside. Main character and his retinue gather exp and get to choose upgrades from semi-random list during level ups. Map works in nodes, like in FTL or Wind and the Wilting Blossom, with enemies pursuing player to discourage travelling back. Has turn based tactical battles with action points and flanking. Seems challenging, but I didn't really feel it with this one.

Veterum -Next game from developer of Drums of War and Warbanners. Uses the same turn-based action point system as previous games. Demo offers few story missions and randomly generated missions on node-based open world. Sadly I didn't see any siege battles, but those should be included into finished game. I liked previous games and will probably end up liking this too.

Songs of Steel: Hispania -Historical, story focused strategy game about Roman conquest of Iberia. Relatively simple tactical battles with 2AP system, flanking, hero units and various terrain effects. In between those are some story bits and management of persistent army. Felt promising.

War of Wheels -.... I tried this because I had some cravings for games about vehicular combat and trailer of this indicated some sort of bizarre Mount and Blade -knockoff with cars and for some reason this was tagged as RPG. Demo had simple deadmatch arena, I had some fun, but that's probably just me not playing any sort of DM in years and getting my ego stroked by easy bot kills. Will follow the project with zero expectations.

There was also couple other demos, but those were too low quality to deserve a mention.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Wild Bastards Demo - FTL-like fps roguelike. It tries to be charming but it's not. Too easy. I think Returnal is the only fps roguelike which actually works.

Caravan Sandwitch Demo - charming walking sim. Good exploration. Too much woke stuff. No combat.

Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn – Demo - soulslike with performance issue. The retards had one job - copy DaS - and they failed. The combat is crap.

Selfloss Demo - 3rd person adventure game. Charming but the controls are shit. I cannot stand laggy controls anymore ...

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
And suddenly the Kingdom Hearts games are available on Steam now

Last edited:

Caim

Arcane
The entire bundle is seventy bucks as of right now, which is a lot of game for that money.

Sure, it's a whole lot of anime bullshit but there's a few gems in there (like Donald Duck cementing himself as the single most powerful wizard in all of Square Enix' games).

So if you like anime bullshit get it, if not just watch the clips on youtube.

ferratilis

Magister
What the fuck are those titles? 1.5 + 2.5? And then 2.8?! I swear, Japanese developers come up with weirdest titles for their games.

51c.gif

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
What the fuck are those titles? 1.5 + 2.5? And then 2.8?! I swear, Japanese developers come up with weirdest titles for their games.

51c.gif

Yeah,and it looks like each one of these includes 5 games or something. You probably need a fucking chart to understand how the story goes

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron

51c.gif

Yeah,and it looks like each one of these includes 5 games or something. You probably need a fucking chart to understand how the story goes
Nah, just a 3 hour lecture.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
The demo of this was pretty good:

3d platformer basically, but the gameplay is about grip/jetpacks/your-cars-legs-are-stilts-made-out-of-giraffes/etc.

I'm too knackered right now to try another but the other stuff on my hitlist:

And of course

My reflections after spending quite a while digging: holy shit there are a lot of content-free roguelikes/"survival"/"building" whatever games. And a lot of cringeworthy pozzed looking stuff.

Caim

Arcane

51c.gif
They should stop giving a fuck and release Kingdom Hearts 17-13'); DROP TABLE games;-- already.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom