Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
All the people rating 'citation needed', have you never heard of Google image search?
Don't be an ass. When asking a question about something it's rude to turn it into an errand.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Besides, reverse image search doesn't always work to find the name of the game when the screenshots are personal, so relying on that alone is retarded.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
This looks dope

feature1+3.gif

feature5.gif

feature4.gif

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The SHMUP looking game is Fabular, a roguelike ARPG with otherworldly setting where there's a bunch of fantasy folk tale aesthetic in space. I've been following it since 2016 but sadly the development seems very slow, their last backer update was from last year October, and they released the alpha build in November. Radio silence since.

Solid Snail

Learned
I bought Castlevania Collection and I'm having a blast. It's been a while I didn't have so much fun playing something. From this collection I only played Castlevania 1 before, so everything else is new to me, I'm loving how simple and engaging those games are. The Collection itself is very good, good port with some options and nice contents. For 15€ it was well worth, I hope Konami will release another collection with remaining Castlevania titles (I only played rondo, SOTN and C1 before).

Even a Metal Gear Collection with Metal Gear 1+2 for Nes and MSX, Snake's Revenge and Ghost Babel would be great.

Solid Snail

Learned
I watched an old AVGN video today about Castlevania 3, when he states he never managed to defeat Dracula. I did it today and it was one of the easiest Dracula fight in my opinion, for the first form you just need to wait Dracula to appear, hit his head three times and than move out from where you are because the fire will spawn directly under you. The second form is idiotic, you can take damage only if you bump the monster or go directly under him. Just keep hitting him from both sides, passing under him when there's enough space and you won't take damage at all. The last form is indeed very easy if you use Belmont, jump and spam axes which you find directly before the boss. By doing so you'll only need to worry about the beam he will fire, but considering you can see where it will hit, it's very easy to avoid.

Some later stages are indeed bullshit, but the fight itself was very easy considered it had three forms and only the first one takes attention. Or maybe AVGN was just acting according to his role, but that was one of the first video he did so I'm not really sure.

Solid Snail

Learned
Anyway it's amazing how the steam community hub of Castlevania is full of people shitting on this collection just because SOTN is not part of it while it was stated from the beginning this collection was intended to republish the old games.
You can get SOTN On 360, One, PS3, PSP, PS4, while those games where only available on Wii if I remember correctly, not even all of them.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I'm amazed people are buying games that have been free on the interwebs for ages, and the free emulators have more features and make them look much better than those bare-bones packages

I mean, widescreen SNES, mind blown

for the general customer, convenience > all. That includes downloading things by yourself and dragging some files across folders. The mistake that companies make is chasing down pirates instead of trying to make the "this game looks cool -> purchase -> I am playing the game" process as quick and easy as possible.

Anyway it's amazing how the steam community hub of Castlevania is full of people shitting on this collection just because SOTN is not part of it while it was stated from the beginning this collection was intended to republish the old games.

Not to mention they can sell it separately, cha-ching

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
American fugitive is out today. Did anyone pull the trigger? Is it fun?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom