Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'll buy that too I s'pose. Edit: No I won't, I have it on GOG. I think it was a freebie at one point.

Now is also that often occuring time where an indie game everyone cums over that I'm theoretically interested in but know I'll likely never actually play is on sale, this time "Inside."

StrongBelwas

Savant
Patron
Has this already been announced and I missed it? Looks like some kind of Vampire the Masquerade Visual Novel?

Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York presents the conflict between two vampiric factions: the traditionalist Camarilla and the fiercely independent Anarchs among the iconic landmarks and night lights of The Big Apple. It's a unique, atmospheric, single-player narrative experience, set in a rich, fully licensed, globally recognized universe of Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition.

• Choose your character from one of several distinct Clans
  • Every playable character offers unique powers (Disciplines), different ethical approaches to certain issues, and dialogue lines
  • Character-oriented quests allow you to create your own coterie and shape your relations by reinforcing NPC loyalties
  • Highly replayable - choices made in the game are reflected by the game's changing fiction
  • Various endings depending on your actions - which conclusion will you reach?
  • Suitable for both Vampire: The Masquerade veterans, and fans of mature narrative-driven games who are newcomers to the setting

The game does justice to the mature themes of the World of Darkness, and takes advantage of the excellent atmosphere of the source material. It also creates new stories, which, thanks to the full creative license, will be incorporated as official lore of Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition.

Modron

Arcane
Probably not, after the last batch of V: TM interactive fiction the excitement around here shriveled up considerably.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Has this already been announced and I missed it? Looks like some kind of Vampire the Masquerade Visual Novel?

Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York presents the conflict between two vampiric factions: the traditionalist Camarilla and the fiercely independent Anarchs among the iconic landmarks and night lights of The Big Apple. It's a unique, atmospheric, single-player narrative experience, set in a rich, fully licensed, globally recognized universe of Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition.

• Choose your character from one of several distinct Clans
  • Every playable character offers unique powers (Disciplines), different ethical approaches to certain issues, and dialogue lines
  • Character-oriented quests allow you to create your own coterie and shape your relations by reinforcing NPC loyalties
  • Highly replayable - choices made in the game are reflected by the game's changing fiction
  • Various endings depending on your actions - which conclusion will you reach?
  • Suitable for both Vampire: The Masquerade veterans, and fans of mature narrative-driven games who are newcomers to the setting

The game does justice to the mature themes of the World of Darkness, and takes advantage of the excellent atmosphere of the source material. It also creates new stories, which, thanks to the full creative license, will be incorporated as official lore of Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition.

What even is this? It's like the entire store page tells me nothing. It's fluff.

mwnn85

Savant
Borderlands 2 + DLC + the Pre-Sequel are at 97% off.
£4.82 or less depending on whether you own any bits already - that appears to be a historical low.
Cross platform so that's a bonus - not really sure if I'm into Borderlands though.
Isn't it just very repetitive level grinding? That's what the first felt like when I briefly tried it.

Wasn't impressed with Brothers in Arms either - felt like a crap console fps.
The last Gearbox game I probably enjoyed was Opposing Force for Half Life.

Been playing through NBlood and NRedneck.

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not really sure if I'm into Borderlands though.
Isn't it just very repetitive level grinding? That's what the first felt like when I briefly tried it.
It's a decent enough popcorn game, if you have time to burn it's worth it at 97% off lol, but yeah, really just moving and shooting doods over and over. It is ideally built as a social game for you and 3 friends to run around in.

not really sure if I'm into Borderlands though.

Only played Borderlands 2 a long time ago.

The level design can get pretty repetitive and it's pretty linear as well. The AI isn't very good, and it's a lot like shooting health sponges most of the time if you don't have an OP gun and/or levels higher than the enemies you face.

The majority of the enjoyment is derived from supposedly looting and finding 60 billion guns or so. In reality, there's really only 90+ guns or so with a near infinite amount of statistical differences and attachments which inflates that number of 90+ guns.

Other than those negatives, and almost no positives, i'd say it's pretty worth it for 5 bux

Huh. Actually picked up that Borderlands pack. Already had most of it the key pieces and I've bitched about Borderlands 2 at relative length, but at that discount I may as fucking well pick up the remaining DLC. Actually slightly interested in playing the Pre-Sequel again with the Handsome Jack DLC just to see how that changes the dialog. Not wild about Borderlands writing but I usually get the most kick out of Handsome Jack in general and since that presumably has some dialog in the story it might be a hoot. Plus I liked Pre-Sequel a little better than 2 anyway since it seemed marginally less grindy than 2.

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
Actually slightly interested in playing the Pre-Sequel again with the Handsome Jack DLC just to see how that changes the dialog. Not wild about Borderlands writing but I usually get the most kick out of Handsome Jack in general and since that presumably has some dialog in the story it might be a hoot. Plus I liked Pre-Sequel a little better than 2 anyway since it seemed marginally less grindy than 2.
Definitely play (or watch) the Telltale Borderlands game then, it's the best Telltale game and also the best Borderlands game, and Handsome Jack features extensively.

Actually slightly interested in playing the Pre-Sequel again with the Handsome Jack DLC just to see how that changes the dialog. Not wild about Borderlands writing but I usually get the most kick out of Handsome Jack in general and since that presumably has some dialog in the story it might be a hoot. Plus I liked Pre-Sequel a little better than 2 anyway since it seemed marginally less grindy than 2.
Definitely play (or watch) the Telltale Borderlands game then, it's the best Telltale game and also the best Borderlands game, and Handsome Jack features extensively.
Way ahead of you, and I agree completely! Really surprised the hell out of me how enjoyable that was.

Modron

Arcane
Slim pickings.

Weeabish Metroidvania with character advancement.

Indie dork souls-like Shattered enters early access.

Kickstarted myst-lite Zed got released.

Perhaps there is some potential here...possibly.

VR game from Rick and Morty creators....

Don Peste

Arcane
Remember?

ss_405f48c98b17fd6176ca01950e1818de98874598.1920x1080.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom