Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I got the entire Sims 3 collection (sims 4 is garbage).

My first task is to recreate the entire cast of Trailer Park Boys.

Oh and I got the XCOM remakes because I was bored.

I plan on getting POE2 just as soon as I can be arsed to ever finish POE1, which may be never. That pirate stuff seems really boring though. Keep yer muscle pirate wizards to yourself, Josh.

btw, I just did it because I was lazy and don't like viruses. I fully understand anyone who wants to pirate this rather than give EA money.

Back to 100 capacity, so that must be the actual limit now. And the quests for more capacity don't refresh, so there goes any hope of getting $5 coupons. I know the Chinese new year sale had a stupid "Spend $150 get $5 off" coupon too, but at least there they gave everyone a $5 coupon right out of the gate too. The fuck, Gaben.

I agree with supporting the UnReal World, but isn't buying that Steam version just paying for better grafix? Game is free to download at the official site. Maybe it lags in version behind commercial one, though.
http://www.unrealworld.fi/
IIRC Unreal World went free because of the Steam release. They used to keep the last few updates behind a paywall, but Steam did well enough for them that they keep the free version up to date now. Kinda like you don't have to pay for Tales of Maj'Eyal but buying a copy on Steam gives you some minor goodies and is mainly just to support 'em.

I said all that, then I went and looked at their webpage, and it looks like they changed their mind a little somewhere in 2018. Now people on Steam and people who bought directly from them get the new releases a couple weeks before it's put up for free. So it isn't immediately free for everyone like it was for a short while, but it's also a much shorter wait than it previously was.

$94.81 Add all DLC to Cart, is there some kind of unlisted complete bundle I am unaware of?
it's called the shitholer's discount. I buy a lot of steam games with my USSR bank address.

everything is cheaper when you pay in <insert shithole currency>.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
$94.81 Add all DLC to Cart, is there some kind of unlisted complete bundle I am unaware of?
it's called the shitholer's discount. I buy a lot of steam games with my USSR bank address.

everything is cheaper when you pay in <insert shithole currency>.

When I get to my Russian waifu, I'm going to have to register a Soviet account....or better yet, just change my region while actually there(I don't really trust VPN's enough).

I usually get a discount of about half compared to US prices, so it's worth it.

the downside though is that companies are getting wise to it, or rather, they are getting wise to 3rd worlders reselling the games for a profit. So now a lot of steam games are getting region locked - which is ridiculous, they should just region lock the resale of it. they tell you up front if it will be region locked though.

GOG has no region locking though and there is usually a shitholer's discount there as well.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Just wanna recommend this game:

It's a lot like dungeon keeper except I think it's more challenging and there's more ways to customize your dungeons. Also each level seems to last longer than levels in dungeon keeper.

Lots of fun and it's $3. There's also a bundle that has this game, the stand alone expansion, and all the dlc for $5. The expansion is just more of the same. It's really really good if you like dungeon building, ignore the negative reviews.

Second day in a row where my cap is at 100 points. Probably should nag Valve support about it at this point, since from what I can tell that's not how it's supposed to be and I'm a few thousand points away from being able to get a coupon so it's arguably worth whining for. Quite a pain in the ass though.

Modron

Arcane
Isn't it only supposed to be a hundred a day? Yeah says initial starting max will be 100 and increase by a hundred a day, working as intended. Don't think you are supposed to regenerate previously used point maxes are you?

Isn't it only supposed to be a hundred a day? Yeah says initial starting max will be 100 and increase by a hundred a day, working as intended. Don't think you are supposed to regenerate previously used point maxes are you?
Dunno, I've talked to a fair few people who have been in the thousands every day without buying new shit. And "Initial starting cap will be 100 and increase by a hundred a day" with no word about it resetting rather than "You start with 100 every day" seems like a mighty suspect interpretation.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Is this better then the first game?

I really don't remember the names, the second one is worse because it alot more actiony and the combat is the same shit as the first one and the third one is better because it is focused alot more on puzzles and exploration and not so much on the shit combat.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I really don't remember the names, the second one is worse because it alot more actiony and the combat is the same shit as the first one and the third one is better because it is focused alot more on puzzles and exploration and not so much on the shit combat.

I haven't gotten around to any of them yet but the fact everyone bitches the third one is "boring" because it's mostly stealth and puzzles makes me think it's actually the best.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Is this better then the first game?

That's all fine and dandy but what's most important is how much in the sequels does her ass get bigger?

_V_

Scholar
1. Buy lots of games.
2. Generate lots of points.
3. Get coupons.
4. Refund the bought games.
5. ???
6. Profit!

Or am I missing something?

I also have a few thousand potential points via achievements but can only claim 100 per day. Buut, there are additional "quests". Add 3 titles to your wishlist, review a game, etc. They add 500 usable points, so I'll probably reach the coupon. (barely)

Krivol

Magister
Ok i bought:

1. Slay the Spire (I was hoping for more complex version of Guild of Dungoneering, but it's still a decent game)
2. Styx 1 (finally something thiefy)
3. GTA 5 (never played this before and I liked SA & VC and found GTA 4 worth moret than 20 hours of playing)

PrettyDeadman

9DMDMd2.png

SP6rOOU.png

ITS GAME OVER.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I think I'll get Earth Defence Force 4.1 and Black Mesa. I'll try to get the 15k points needed for the discount, I'm a third of the way there already. The slow down button does nothing at all on the interface for some reason. Not really interested in anything else.

Doktor Best

Arcane
So i have to let Valve tell me ehich games i play or is fhere some other way to gain points?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom