Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Caim

Arcane
Why did they have to cast my man X into gacha hell like this.

Vyadhis

Learned
Controversial take: I don't give a shit about regular Mega Man. I've always loved the X series, even the shittier games everyone likes to meme in. Zero series is incline too. Seeing the shitty treatmen X gets now is soul crushing yet we'll get another "retro" MM game.

lightbane

Arcane
I found a game that's so fucking bonkers it deserves a mention here:

About This Game​

In the town of St. Olympus, Matthew and his friendly pet spider encounter formidable monsters, which do not like humans or spiders. In your quest to escape the nightmare, you will:

Use tools, weapons, and cunning to defeat enemies, each with different strengths and weaknesses...​

part1v3_optimized1.gif

Solve challenging puzzles and find important items to help you on your journey...​

part2v3_optimized_1.gif

Drive with your spider through St. Olympus's underground and work together to defeat the monsters...​

part4_optimized2.gif

Includes:​

• Fully customizable controls
  • Support for a wide-range of controllers
  • Unique controller vibration/rumbling effects

deuxhero

Arcane
It's not gatcha anymore. From all I've heard, story translation aside, it's decent and will be worth grabbing once its on sale. As for why X, that was never particularly clear, since classic, Zero, ZX and Legends (plus AUs EXE and SSR) were all added.

Caim

Arcane
It's not gatcha anymore. From all I've heard, story translation aside, it's decent and will be worth grabbing once its on sale. As for why X, that was never particularly clear, since classic, Zero, ZX and Legends (plus AUs EXE and SSR) were all added.
I see secondary currencies on menu screens and characters having stars assigned to them, making me suspicious about the game's nature.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
No shame whatsoever.
Or do you actually have a sense of humour?
It's really hard to tell.

I’m not sure if Infinitron of rpgcodex.net is shameless or has a sense of humour, but he seems to be a prolific and passionate contributor to the site. He has posted many reviews, interviews, editorials, and let’s plays of various RPGs, including some obscure and indie titles. He is also the author of the Codex Review of Black Book1, a dark RPG adventure set in 19th century Russia. He has a distinctive writing style that often mixes sarcasm, irony, and humour with serious analysis and criticism. Some people may find his opinions controversial or offensive, while others may appreciate his honesty and wit. I guess it depends on your perspective and taste.

:happytrollboy:

Last edited:

Elttharion

Learned

Censored trash

Compared to the Japanese release of Finale? None. Compared to Mary Skelter 2 regardless of language? Alice's, Gretel's, and Snow White's Blood Skelter appearances are more "clothed", the purging mini-game is omitted (the Purification Gallery Unlock DLC just lets you see their standard portrait with that clothing), touching someone's crotch in the menus doesn't elicit as lewd of a response, and Blood Maidens are clothed in their (S) and (M) Critical Notice portraits.

Vyadhis

Learned
All-time lowest prices:

That's a great deal for the ME trilogy tbh.

For Dragon Age II not so much, you'd have to pay me to play it.

Also I had no idea but apparently the genesis/megadrive Gargoyles game is being remade and coming to steam/gog. Played/loved Gargoyles in the 90s (game and cartoon) so I'll probably buy it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom