Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Top Six Reasons F3 is better than F:NV (article)

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
This is why can't have nice things anymore.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
6. Too many continuity issues. I understand that Fallout 3 isn’t related to Fallout New Vegas, but we ARE in the same universe here.
What goes around comes around. Welcome to "what did they do to my Fallout ?" world. Take a seat next one of the
druggie.gif
and don't mind the
deathclaw.gif

silvade

Novice
Okay...
This dude went full retarded.
First lemme say, I loved Fallout 1, I loved even more Fallout 2, I liked FO3, and I love FNV.

But this man... He makes me wanna go in a killing spree.

6. Too many continuity issues:

I don't know where to start, this is pointless. This paragraph is way, way too stupid. He wants another motherfucking shitty MSZ DLC. And he wants more Enclave and BOS, ain't FALLOUT 3 ENOUGH?!

5. Frequent bugs:

Fallout 3 had way more bugs... ugh...

4. Forced replay value:

HURR I WANNA PLAY JUST ONE TIEM AND NO MOAR, FCKING RPGs MAKING ME KEEP PLAYING!

3. Relatively limited story:

This whole paragraph doesnt make any sense... *sigh*... *massive sigh*

2. Radio options fewer:

OH FUCK SAKES!!! Why do I even bother?

1. Increased emphasis on speech challenges:

YOU WANNA GO SHOOTING THE CRAP OUTTA OF EVERYTHING AND HAVE NO RPG ASPECTS IN YOUR GAME? PLAY CALL OF DUTY BLACK COCKS OR SOMETHING?! Geez...

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
racofer said:
This article is quite accurate, actually.
Don't make me send my deadly sealandian wetworks team after you. The article is stupid, not very well thought through and is a good example of why I hate everything these days.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
For instance, while it was good to see the Brotherhood of Steel still up and running, I expected their presence to be a lot bigger given how near to their home ground they were.

This is consistent with the Brotherhood in Fallout 1 and 2, which trumps the way they were portrayed in Fallout 3. Fuck you.

And where was the Enclave? For crying out loud, the Enclave is one state away! How is it NOT interfering? Surely the Enclave didn’t lose sufficient forces in the oil rig disaster to not have a presence left in California!

According to Fallout 2, the Enclave and Navarro were the only bases they had. I blew up the Enclave and killed everyone in Navarro. Fuck you.

Aliens got their own downloadable content in Fallout 3

Fuck you.

Sure, there are patches now, and that’s great. But still–even with patches, plenty of people are still having troubles.

Bitching about things they fixed. Fuck you.

4. Forced replay value.

Fuck you.

The game depends heavily on factions.

No, seriously. Fuck you.

But what this means is that you can’t see everything your first trip through.

Fuck you and your instant gratification bullshit. This is a fucking RPG, not Halo. Fuck you.

3. Relatively limited story. Where with Fallout 3, you’d find both a larger story and a whole array of little stories. Whether you’re trying to help the Brotherhood of Steel wipe out the Enclave or you’re just out to save Megaton from an atomic fireball, you had all manner of stories.

Yeah, having a bunch of unrelated crap to do is better than a consistent central story. Fuck you.

I still find myself wondering what it means.

That doesn't surprise me. Fuck you.

2. Radio options fewer.

Just...fuck you.

1. Increased emphasis on speech challenges.

:rage:

ayrin

Novice
No one can be that stupid and still know how to read and write. That article was written by a PR/ marketing guy and delivered for publishing. Coz u see, Bethesda realized they made a couple of mistakes that emerged from the succes of NV. First, they made Obsidian into a decent competitor for the same market share.
Second NV raised the bar of rpg-ness. What i mean to say is that the emofags that first heard the word rpg when Oblivion appeared, have found out that there is more to an rpg than silly dialogues/story etc. And now they will demand more. And Bethesda can't give more.

After reading my rants please go read the article again
U'll see i am atleast 95% ( pun intended ) right.

;) ;)

Havoc said:
racofer said:
This article is quite accurate, actually.
oh-so-what-is-this-thread-about.jpg

Nah, it's mostly accurate. The writer's opinion that these points are flaws not present in FO3 is the lulsy thing (bugs, limited music selection, places that aren't that important to the plot), or continuity "problems" (enclave not having a powerful presence after being fucked up royally, two times)

Then again, I guess it's a joke anyway ("forced replay value"). I'm not reading the comments because I just ate a good meal and I'm not gonna waste it.

Oesophagus

Arcane
I don't know what the fuss is about, really. Key to understanding article - "Xbox". The issues with "continuity" the author implies can be simply ignored, as he likely has no idea what f1/2 were like. And I absolutely love how he complains about there being too much talking. I expected consoletards to dislike FNV, especially xbawxrz. Xbawxr no like thinky. Xbawxr like shooty.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Clockwork Knight said:
I'm not reading the comments because I just ate a good meal and I'm not gonna waste it.

Such a shame, the comments are comedy gold. They even have another editor coming in to tell off a critic/borderline troll.

Okay, here’s the rub. I accept criticisms, negative comments, I don’t, however, ever accept people coming on my site to insult my team and in this respect let me point out that whilst you feel able to insult one of my writers the fact that you had to hide behind a pseudonym and provide no mail address says volumes about you as a (lame) individual.

On the site you’ll find a contact form. Mail me directly via that, my friend, let me take you on personally if you’re man enough (no mail address indicates you’re not, right?).
"Meet me behind the bike shed when school is out. I'll slam your face in I will!"

also, this.
Mark | November 12th, 2010 at 2:46 am

Personally, I think NV is better than FO3. But I think fallout 3 had a better storyline. A kid who left his safe life in the vault to find his father who wanted to purify water to help everyone? Then your father dies and you have to carry out his legacy by helping the bos defeat and retake your fathers work? Fantastic story and fantastic game.
That's fucking Tolstoy right there, isn't it? :D

Blackula

Educated
Havoc said:
I know at least one... the fucking water pu... ah fuck this shit! :x Też zapomniałem jak się pisze po angielsku! Kurwa mać!
No a ja se jakos nauczycem :smug:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Sulimo said:
Okay, here’s the rub. I accept criticisms, negative comments, I don’t, however, ever accept people coming on my site to insult my team and in this respect let me point out that whilst you feel able to insult one of my writers the fact that you had to hide behind a pseudonym and provide no mail address says volumes about you as a (lame) individual.

On the site you’ll find a contact form. Mail me directly via that, my friend, let me take you on personally if you’re man enough (no mail address indicates you’re not, right?).
Oh for fuck's sake.

Also, do cherrypick some more particularly hideous comments. I don't dare read them myself.

Oesophagus

Arcane
Mark | November 12th, 2010 at 2:46 am

Personally, I think NV is better than FO3. But I think fallout 3 had a better storyline. A schisoprenic wuss who left his safe life in the vault to find some guy he met like 5 minutes ago who wanted to purify water to help everyone? Then this guy dies and you have to carry out his legacy by helping the Order of the Radiant Heart defeat and retake the guy's work which the bad dudes wanted to finish anyway, thus making the fight with them complete bullshit? Fantastic story and fantastic game.

fixed

also:
What’s up with the Super Mutants? I used to love sneaking up on them in buildings or sniping at them from afar while they shot rockets at me. There are some Super Mutants in the Mojave Wasteland but not enough, and now we’re supposed to care about them–it all seems too pc.
yeah... not enough orcs

SoupNazi

oh my god

oh my god

Alright, I think my head is about to explode. The sheer stupidity of this shit. If this was a troll it'd be very successful because I'm raged the fuck out. What the hell is this. How can whoever wrote this be so astonishingly stupid and still be able to write more or less comprehensibly is beyond my understanding. Fuck. Ass.

My time at Coyote Tail Ridge was a largely pointless venture, and I still find myself wondering what it means. I can’t find any actual purpose, other than a handful of graves nearby. It seems unconnected to any story, and…it’s just there. Why is it there? The Wiki gives me some story about NCR ambush teams and the whole Great Khans thing, but is this worth making a location out of it?

You fucking dumb shit, it's related to Boone's quest which just happens to be one of the most interesting quests in the entire game. DUMB FUCK :x :x :x

grotsnik

Arcane
I guess the biggest problem with Fallout New Vegas is the fact that you get to choose your enemies. Which is an interesting concept but goes against the purpose of the game–to shoot things.

More from the Editor laying a smackdown, all from the same post;

Makagulfazel, or whatever your name is – being that you obviously have to hide behind a pseudonym and, hell, you don’t even have the courage of your convictions enough to provide an email address (which I otherwise would happily have replied directly to thus allowing me to take you on personally).

the fact that you had to hide behind a pseudonym and provide no mail address says volumes about you as a (lame) individual.

Makagulfazel – I expect you mail to me direct via the contact form. Let’s deal with this man to man, unless, of course, you wish to hide (as you have done here).

Makagulfazel – look forward to your mail, stop hiding, let’s talk.

Sounds like he really wants that email address.

"Train tickets, bitch!" six comments in...more proof that the site is the twisted shadow-twin of the Codex?

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Oesophagus said:
also:
What’s up with the Super Mutants? I used to love sneaking up on them in buildings or sniping at them from afar while they shot rockets at me. There are some Super Mutants in the Mojave Wasteland but not enough, and now we’re supposed to care about them–it all seems too pc.
yeah... not enough orcs

Can't believe I missed that one. :D
IT'S POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD! IN A VIDEO GAME!
Seriously, who in their right mind could compare this to political correctness? It's not like there's a real-life analogy for super mutants. Dumbfucks.

SoupNazi

I guess the biggest problem with Fallout New Vegas is the fact that you get to choose your enemies. Which is an interesting concept but goes against the purpose of the game–to shoot things.

WHAT

MUST HAVE MISSED THAT

:x :x :x :x

I'm actually angry right now. O, humanity!

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Claudio said:
Fallout vegas left me highly disapointed i expected fallout 3 with better graphics instead they tried to reinvent the game system
High expectations there.
Tbh though, at least half the comments are very negative.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom