Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Top Six Reasons F3 is better than F:NV (article)

roll-a-die said:
Oh my fucking GOD, HOW THE FUCK DO YOU FORCE REPLAY VALUE.

By not letting you have all the achievements in one playthrough, without exploits. I'll always remember that guy complaining about having to play in hardcore because there's an achievement for it.

I firmly believe a good portion of players would commit suicide if their LIVE accounts were deleted somehow.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Clockwork Knight said:
I firmly believe a good portion of players would commit suicide if their LIVE accounts were deleted somehow.
Someone better go delete their LIVE accounts then. :thumbsup:

Wise Emperor

Arcane
Dear Lord I felt into Fallout troll trap. So as rest of codex.

Considering RPG elements anybody who is trying to imply that F3 is superior to NV is just plain retarded. End of story. Comparing that anything is better in F3 than NV is like... well dunno... plain retarded?

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
CrimHead said:
The Anti-Codex

Pretty much. The worse one was number 4. I could understand joining more than one faction. Two maybe. Anything beyond that is stupid.

How about the first comment.

3. I guess the biggest problem with Fallout New Vegas is the fact that you get to choose your enemies. Which is an interesting concept but goes against the purpose of the game–to shoot things. The conflict in New Vegas is not you against the world, the conflict is already established and you end up feeling like an arbitrator between waring factions. I think it’s in most people’s nature to smooth things out between conflicting parties, and this is allowed (and even encouraged), but again, that’s not why I bought the game.

That makes me want to go out and get it. FONV was going to be a first day buy but the last half of FO 3 sucked and then their was the bugs, but after reading that I might get it soon... as soon as I finish SoZ. God that Herald is a muthafucka.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Clockwork Knight said:
roll-a-die said:
Oh my fucking GOD, HOW THE FUCK DO YOU FORCE REPLAY VALUE.

By not letting you have all the achievements in one playthrough, without exploits. I'll always remember that guy complaining about having to play in hardcore because there's an achievement for it.

Xbox Live achievements wiped. PSN achievements wiped. Steam achievements wiped. Battlenet 2.0 achievements wiped. All wiped, with no chance of recovery.

God, the resulting tardrage all over the internet would be glorious. So, so glorious.

:tear:

CreamySpinach

Educated
Serious_Business said:
CreamySpinach said:
I think Fallout 3 was almost better than Fallout 1. But it was too short for a game that seemed so long. ( I thought Liberty Prime was only the beginning of an almost final fantasy 10 length game.

Fallout Tactics comes in second for being a rather marvelous take on Fallout. FOT only failed because of GameSpy Arcade not being as good as it is today. For a rushed and unfinished game it is probably the best.

Fallout 1 was the best in its time. Definitely a requirement but what we see in Fallout Tactics and Fallout 3 is undeniably a better path in many ways.

Fallout 2 came too late and wrongfully is thought as better than Tactics. Fallout 2 is good but it doesn't stretch like a sequel should. It felt lke Fallout 1 but with not fully realized additions. (yes I have played Killaps mod too)

New Vegas comes in last for me. It is what Fallout 3 should of been, minus the interesting settings. Reasons six and three illustrate what I mean.

It might be possible to put new Vegas in front of Fallout 3 if they release a true FOT like gameplay DLC. Unquestionably it would have to affect the main game in some ways too.

Hell yeah my negroid, I support this good shit

I am not sure if many of you recall but i posted a very intrguing article of what sort of DRM or Third party should be added to future fallout games.

Of the options were GameSpy Arcade. If I recall quite a few voted for it. I think they should explore ways of incorporating fun mediums accessible in the game that will allow us to some degree to feel networked in our experience of the wasteland without having to consider the game what we may call multiplayer. Think of it as a peer review system.

For example back when i modded i knew a guy who pretty much couldn't do anything by himself. So he told me about a software that he uses to have people remotely control his desktop and such. It worked pretty well and had a decent display of the game too.

It would be interesting to sort of spy on people's experience while playing.

I also would like to dedicate an inspiration i arguably got from my early experience in #wikia-fallout with the two female moderators. Ayumi and yrol. Back then i was doing pre-tests before i was even going to attempt making multiplayer, and some of the ideas that popped up is what if we could in a short example see other players in our pipboy.

- Sort of like a GPS. Except my client side mod would call home to some server and then exchange data about a user's position witin the Capitol Wasteland.

It isn't entirely meaningful but it is kind of fun to imagine see blips of other people who are connected with the same mod within the wasteland. The next step could be maybe finding a location and trading with these players through a simple gui screen.

A third party software could be a instrument in doing these kinds of features but you can imagine some security measures may come up.

Further back in time some may recall some similar type of ttrading mods a user named Prosper had suggested on the hugely populous No Mutant Allowed Forum site . I think his topics are in the Vats but he attempted to layout ways of which we could lock our fallout games and have an opportunity to trade through a gui screen in possibly a dedicated area. Nothing more, but it would give a funny feeling like you really can be with your friends and if you choose trade with them and get to know where their items come from.

Tel Prydain

Augur
**RAGE**
Oesophagus said:
I don't know what the fuss is about, really. Key to understanding article - "Xbox".
No, obviously its all console's fault. PC gamers are better then that, I mean its not like PC gamers are also buying up Cocks of Duty like its fucken made of Jesus.

The mass market is the mass market. If consoles weren't about they'd be making the same shit to tards on PC. We're just lucky that Fallout 3 wasn't a fucken Facebook Java-app.

Oesophagus

Arcane
Tel Prydain said:
No, obviously its all console's fault. PC gamers are better then that, I mean its not like PC gamers are also buying up Cocks of Duty like its fucken made of Jesus.

The mass market is the mass market. If consoles weren't about they'd be making the same shit to tards on PC. We're just lucky that Fallout 3 wasn't a fucken Facebook Java-app.

My point was that the guy who wrote that article is an xbox player, and thus - automatically - what he think doesn't matter. C'mon, you don't get mad at retarded kids just cause they draw blue trees...

Loriac

Arcane
NV shits all over FO3 in terms of role-playing, thats pretty much inarguable.

What is even funnier is that it shits all over FO3 as a shooter too.

In order to make FO3 interesting, I had something like 60 odd mods in my load order, with the key ones putting in stuff like weapon mods, providing better / more realistic weapons, and providing utilities like bullet time and sprinting. Additionally, there were a ton of changes needed to the combat model, and even then from an fps point of view the game really wasn't very good.

To get NV up to speed, you basically just need a mod that increases mob spawn (its simply not challenging otherwise), and optionally bullet time and sprint. The difference in fps combat between the two is night and day; whilst NV is not a pure fps, it is passable.

I think the poster that mentioned that Beth might be worried that Obs have done a visibly far better job of NV than they did with FO3 is pretty much spot on. Beth's problem has increasingly been with the rpg/story elements of their 'rpgs' and the clown that wrote those 10 points on why FO3 is better could almost be putting together a list of Beth's epic fails and rewrapping them as being virtues...

Loriac

Arcane
Yes, its called 'Sprint Mod' ;)

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34943

Worthwhile installing NVSE too (this is in beta atm, and you'll need to redownload relevant mods once NVSE goes final and they are updated)

Also worth getting bullet time

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35823

Both these mods are best used with NVSE, and they both work well for me.

I'd also recommend the Reload / Caliber series for new weapons / ammo that are also put onto mobs

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36104

and finally the increased spawns component of FONVA

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36832

it looks like the author of this last one is linking up with the creater of MMM, so this may well be the foundation for the full increased spawn mod for NV.

Finally, in case you weren't aware, there is a beta DARN UI for NV. Again this is waiting on the finalisation of the NVSE functionality, but its usable in its present form.

Xi

Arcane
This is what happens when you cheat on tests, let your girl friend proof read your papers(or write them), and generally don't apply yourself in education. You become a complete retard incapable of logical argumentation.

It's a worthless taste piece. No reason to justify stupidity of taste. Eat your shit and like it son.

CreamySpinach

Educated
Xi said:
This is what happens when you cheat on tests, let your girl friend proof read your papers(or write them), and generally don't apply yourself in education. You become a complete retard incapable of logical argumentation.

It's a worthless taste piece. No reason to justify stupidity of taste. Eat your shit and like it son.

I am an incapable of logical argumentation?

Xi

Arcane
CreamySpinach said:
Xi said:

I am an incapable of logical argumentation?

You are an incapable of knowing that you prefer the taste of shit.

-----

Were you the monkey who flung its feces at a keyboard to produce that work of child sodomy?

MisterStone

Arcane
FORCED REPLAY VALUE. HOW. DARE. THEY. THEY ARE FORCING ME TO REPLAY THIS OVER AND OVER BEFORE I CAN SEE EVERY LAST IOTA OF DIALOGUE AND EVERY SILLY GRAPHIC ASSET AND ANIMATION. BY GOD ITS NOT FAIR

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
This is what console players actually believe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom