Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The ugliest RPG protagonists/characters

maxresdefault-6.jpg

No contest.
Overly_attached_GF.jpg
I swear this is almost a frame from a J-horror movie. D:

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
warcrafts unit sizes are much smaller than other RTS

Myth 3 (2001)
myth-3-the-wolf-age-03.png

Command and Conquer: Generals (2003)
command-and-conquer-generals-02.png

Age of Mythology (2002)
2014-05-14-aom-08.jpg

Emperor: Battle for Dune (2001)
dune1big1.jpg

WarCraft 3 (2002)
watchuplay6-1024_2.jpg
worst strawman screenshots ever

warcraft 3’s squad size is 12 units vs 30 units in AoM and 60 in AoE2.

Population cap in AoM is also at 300 while warcraft’s food mechanic allows you to have much fewer units/squads.

large battles in AoE have hundreds of units on screen, while warcraft 3 has pretty much what can be seen on your screenshot which btw has 4 teams on screen on a 4v4 multiplayer map.

Nice try

You said "unit sizes are much smaller", not "there are fewer units" or "armies are smaller".

81331010.jpg
you said WC3’s units are ugly and blocky because there are a lot of them that need to be shown on screen at a time.

I said that WC3 displays a lot less units on screen compared to other RTSs and that’s why they can actually get away with good looking graphics imo.

Yeah I meant to say unit count not unit size but otherwise this discussion wouldn’t make much sense now would it.

WC3 looked great back in the day, especially the cinematics were Blizzard’s forte.

Camel

Scholar
That's correct, the last good looking (in terms of technology, not art style) Blizzard games were WarCraft 2 and Diablo 1. But it wasn't only about long development cycles: Blizzard deliberately developed games with low system requirements that could run on old computers (and presumably on office computers that were likely only networked computers that many players had access to in 90s).
Also Blizzard always developed their games to sell to the widest audience possible.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Looks good for an average german woman.
Which one. No, let me guess... both.

Many of the character faces/bodies posted there are not really ugly or badly made - just in low resolution or on purpose un-realistic in style. I mean, come-on, Nameless One looks a moderately handsome zombie-like guy. You might as well put Dak'kon in this thread. On the other hand games like Oblivion that TRIED to make good looking human faces and failed horribly. Or some of the games from the last years when women character started to look like "women" with penises.
However old games from more prestigious times had them too:
ne5mG3W.png

That's an Amiga game, i didn't play it.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Damn niglet being uber bitch. Did they have to put such realism in the game. Couldn't it have just a smidgeon of fantasy?

KateMicucci

Arcane
Modern western RPGs are also a obvious candidate with their penchant for bulky (though lacking tits or ass) man-jawed failed transsexual looking women. When the game acts like these characters are sexy and attractive is the worst.
I have a hypothesis. In real life faces appear thinner because of our stereoscopic vision. As devs have gone from having artists sculpt the heads, to now scanning real-life heads and importing them, they are not accounting for the difference in seeing, and so we get women with fat-looking heads and eyes too close together.

Modron

Arcane
Modern western RPGs are also a obvious candidate with their penchant for bulky (though lacking tits or ass) man-jawed failed transsexual looking women. When the game acts like these characters are sexy and attractive is the worst.
I have a hypothesis. In real life faces appear thinner because of our stereoscopic vision. As devs have gone from having artists sculpt the heads, to now scanning real-life heads and importing them, they are not accounting for the difference in seeing, and so we get women with fat-looking heads and eyes too close together.
Devs do account and are aware of this and they often retouch animations and models after scanning. The problem is sometimes executives on high say no don't do that this fancy facial scanning that we bought, licensed, or funded the development of should be enough like in Mass Effect Andromeda where even that Canadian B team full of fresh graduates were begging to retouch the faces.

Camel

Scholar
A severe shortage of hot women in vidyagames and RPGs wasn't a problem before dangerhairs and feminazis infested the western gaming developer scene.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Unless it's real women and they get naked or near naked I couldn't care less about how "hot" women are in "the arts", as long as they are not offensively ugly.
In games I choose party members mainly for how useful they are, secondarily how amusing and/or unannoying they are. Sefana in Baldur's Gate is rather useless, but she is "hot" in a way that amuses me, for example.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
When the VR becomes so real in your implanted mind you'll hope they're hot. That or visit the hardlight holodeck suite. Orrr... but that out of date sexdroid.

The future is coming..... to your pants soon.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
They shouldn't be leading anything other than the washing, kitchen duties, house chores, etc. when they own or lead anything it usually turns to shit. (I mean look at my ma's house full of rats, ants, bees, and clutter and other shit.... yeesh).

Maybe not even in the background. A passing mention maybe.

Reinhardt

Arcane
They shouldn't be leading anything other than the washing, kitchen duties, house chores, etc. when they own or lead anything it usually turns to shit. (I mean look at my ma's house full of rats, ants, bees, and clutter and other shit.... yeesh).
says person who can't finish tutorial rat extermination quest...

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Pshhh... I would've killed them all but certain owners of the land are sympathizers to the rodent empire. NEVER SYMP OR SIMP FOR ANYTHING!!!

The rats and bugs and fucking birds must've possessed them. Literally RAT HILL FORTRESS!

And it hurt I didn't get the 1k Rat Trophy Achievement in less than 6 months. Hell mighta been 4. I'd have to look again.

My aunt told me they said I was having too much fun and taking too much enjoyment killing the rats. Well duh! It is great fun ripping them to bloody shreds and laughing as they drown. That satisfying thuds as you dump bucket after bucket after sack of rats into a cold deep pit.

They bounce a little.....

:eek::-D:P:-D:eek: Wheeeeeeeee.......

Poseidon00

Arcane
That sword and shield woman with the butch haircut in DAI, and Sera from DAI. What a completely disgusting game. I think this was the first time I noticed western devs make females ugly on purpose. Those two are on another level of gross.

Camel

Scholar
That sword and shield woman with the butch haircut in DAI, and Sera from DAI. What a completely disgusting game. I think this was the first time I noticed western devs make females ugly on purpose. Those two are on another level of gross.
Cassandra used to be attractive in DA2 but the devs aged and scarred her.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom