Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Valkyria Chronicles Thread

Riskbreaker

Jesus, this thing looks just so damn unappealing, in almost every possible way. I shan't shed a single tear if this never gets released in teh West!

Seems like the idea behind VC's combat was just too good for this world.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
FWIW, they call this a new "Revolution" series separated from "Battlefield" (VC) series. Hope the VC remaster is a sign for a new turn-based VC entry in the future.

flyingjohn

Arcane
If it's not turn-based, then what's the point of this game? Why slander the Valkyria IP with this JRPG shit?
Sega way of thinking:
1)Jrpgs make a lot of money
2)transform popular ip into a jrpg
3)????????
4)Profit

spekkio

Arcane
Sega way of thinking:
1) Fags played it for the waifus anyway. Gameplay? What gameplay?
2) Add MAOR waifus
3) ????????
4) Profit
Improved.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
There is no way a JRPG will have more waifus than VC.

Last edited:

Adon

Arcane
Sega way of thinking:
1)Jrpgs make a lot of money
2)transform popular ip into a jrpg
3)????????
4)Profit

This is the same publisher that released Resonance of Fate around the time two juggernauts came out -- FFXIII and God of War 3. I love a lot of the stuff that SEGA puts out, but they always make baffling decisions. We'll be lucky if we ever get a sequel to Binary Domain.

Shammy

Learned
I heard they were making a new VC game, I got hyped.

I see this news, I die inside.

When will Sega stop ruining their franchises with the force of a thousand sonic games?

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
valkyria-chronicles-remaster-11-19-15-1.jpg

spekkio

Arcane
It looks like every newshit (post-PS2) jRPG. Needs bigger swords, though.

Good job, Sega. VC is officially dead.

:bravo:

Kefka1134

Oh did not read the thread *cough* *cough* oh my! How terrible they transformed such an already pretty JRPG like game into an actual JRPG, how faithless!

In all seriousness, VC was apparently always up and down after the first one, this one looks way closer to the first one rather than the more generic anime-y ones and that has me pretty excited.

HotSnack

Cipher
Nothing says alternate WWII setting like running into battle against a tank armed with nothing but a sword.

(Insert impoverished country joke here). :smug:

Riskbreaker

In all seriousness, VC was apparently always up and down after the first one, this one looks way closer to the first one rather than the more generic anime-y ones and that has me pretty excited.
Right.

I guess these are some great news for those JRPG aficionados that try play each and every JRPG, and who only managed to stomach VC's gameplay due to visuals and writing (and enormous collection of waifus, of course).

Kaivokz

Arcane
It's Shining Force's fate again.

The Shining Series actually had two more not-completely-retardo games released in Japan after III. Shining Force Feather, which was a turn-based tactical RPG like the earlier games. And, Shining Blade which actually used a combat system very similar to Valkyria Chronicles. Unfortunately, neither of them were of very high quality and both were on handhelds.

While Sega may make baffling business choices, they probably know their primary (Japanese) audience pretty well. All you have to do is look at the sales figures for the recent Fire Emblem game; the version that was marketed as easier and more modern sold far more than the version that tried to go back to the roots of the series (different combat objectives beyond 'kill the bad guy', no option to 'grind' by playing old maps (limited money/exp), etc.). The easier one also has a lesbian or something.

RuySan

Augur
I don't know why, but i can't find this game to be that much fun. Maybe it's the lack of character costumization (whole classes are leveled instead). It also doesn't seem to allow for many variations in tactics.

Delbaeth

Learned
While Sega may make baffling business choices, they probably know their primary (Japanese) audience pretty well. All you have to do is look at the sales figures for the recent Fire Emblem game; the version that was marketed as easier and more modern sold far more than the version that tried to go back to the roots of the series (different combat objectives beyond 'kill the bad guy', no option to 'grind' by playing old maps (limited money/exp), etc.). The easier one also has a lesbian or something.

I agree, and we have Koei which made Pokemon Conquest based on Nobunaga's Ambition, regarding shift from original series.
Should we blame Sega and Koei for producing these, or the ones who massively buy them?
It's pretty exhausting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom