Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Video Game Music Thread

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Now THIS is a hidden gem.

The game was released on many platforms, and the lone tune comes out as average at best, but in sneaks this cheeky computer with a kickin' version of it!

Cael

Arcane
Man even after all these years, Baba Yetu still gives me shivers. Such a powerful song opening the best game in the entire epic series (which says something for itself right there).

catfood

AGAIN
Man even after all these years, Baba Yetu still gives me shivers. Such a powerful song opening the best game in the entire epic series (which says something for itself right there).
I have a friend who is a turbo fedora and says Baba Yetu is his favorite main menu music in a video game. He doesn't know what the name means and what the lyrics are. I'm still pondering whether to tell him or not.

Cael

Arcane
I have a friend who is a turbo fedora and says Baba Yetu is his favorite main menu music in a video game. He doesn't know what the name means and what the lyrics are. I'm still pondering whether to tell him or not.
You should. But remember to take a video of his reaction and post it here. I would like the schadenfreude.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant

Golden Axe II Boss Theme Genesis Music

Golden Axe III Music- Boss Theme Two

Bosses in these games sometimes seemed much harder than they were because of these wicked drums booming in the background.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant

Outrun - Splash wave (1986)

Outrun 2 - Passing Breeze

Outrun - Last Wave (1986)

Outrun 2 - Last Wave

Splash Wave - OutRun - Piano Version (by Sound Kraken)

Last edited:

Tse Tse Fly

Savant

Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky OST - Updraft

Atelier games seem to never disappoint with combat tracks. Despite the games themselves being all about making pies and candies using alchemy and fooling around with your friends in the open air.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom