Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher 2: BitTorrent Collector's Edition now only $1230

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
hiver said:
Enjoy your superb games where you have no fucking idea what you will actually play before you give your money for it you retarded cunt. Enjoy companies that outright lie about features of their games and you have no idea and no way to check is that really true before you pay for the game - and then you can go fuck yourself.
You say this as if it were impossible to wait for some other suckers on the internet to play it first and tell you about these things.

hiver

Who gives a fuck what other suckers on internet can tell me about what interests me? What the fuck... Why would they even tell me anything and how would anything they say make me know what i want to know?

Who would i ask? Bleeding fans like JC or parasites like herostratus?
its all fucking beautiful for fucks like them. Its great, superb, majestic!

And what does that have with companies being allowed to fucking lie and charge me my money for it?

What does that have to do with laws of society i live in being made to benefit companies instead of people?

Marobug

rofl the dude who thinks it's ok to pirate games labels the dude who apparently buys his games legally as a "parasite".

This world really is going down to shit.

ninjaedit: also, it's spelled "fucktard"

misha

Educated
Theft is bad... but which is worse for rpgs, piracy or making such games as DA2 ><

Marobug

Probably piracy because at least you can pretend DA2 doesn't exist and just not play it at all, however it's hard to ignore your favorite company is gone under because their latest game didn't sell shit thanks to a 90% piracy ratio. Not saying it happens frequently, but if the good game companies get more money that's good for us because at least they can stay afloat and we can at least hope they don't fuck up their next release.

If EA/bioware sell shittons units I couldn't give a fuck less. Good for their fans, I suppose. If bioware or whatever crap company you can think of went under we would still have new AAA shitty action autoregen health boom boom pew pew "RPGs" every year and I'm almost certain it wouldn't be enough for the industry to start making new goldbox games. If anything they would be turned into FPSes.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Jedi_Learner said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
And I should get 2000000 PLN for my father abandoning me and 12000 PLN each month he didn't pay alimony and 1000000 PLN for each time he tried to hide his incomes.
Did your father abandon you recently? If so I don't blame him.

sirfink

Scholar
Zarniwoop said:
Dantus12 said:
But piracy is theft,

And littering is child molestation. Yep, it's fun to make shit up. Calling one crime something else is a great passtime.

Ah yes. Not removing it from inventory, right?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
hiver said:
Enjoy your superb games where you have no fucking idea what you will actually play before you give your money for it you retarded cunt. Enjoy companies that outright lie about features of their games and you have no idea and no way to check is that really true before you pay for the game - and then you can go fuck yourself.
Yeah because watching videos on YouTube and reading reviews and such is so hard these days what with the internets and all. I mean we all know YouTube lies! LIES I TELL YOU!

Turjan

Arcane
Okay, one of the articles claims that CD Project announced this already in November. Although I wonder whether there is some relation with the lawsuit with their Japanese publisher. Namco Bandai had sued CD Project for damages because the latter did not prevent losses from product piracy by removing the DRM. It would be interesting to read the actual verdict. Whle the judge obviously ruled that not using DRM was in CD Project's right, they may have to prove that they make enough effort to curb the alledged losses from piracy. At least this would be a typical kind of legal reasoning, similar to the provisions that force companies to protect their IP if they know of IP violations.

Marobug

Clockwork Knight said:
What if your favorite company is gone under because their latest game didn't sell shit thanks to it being shit no one wanted to buy

Shit is subjective. Put it this way:
Some of the games made by my favourite companies are seen as complete shit by most of the mainstream gaming public. Just like the gold box games or ultima or pretty much any old school rpg you can think of. In the codex, most people regard oblivion as shit, while the mainstream public thought it was one of the best rpgs ever.

Vival

Augur
Meh, that money making scheme has been going on for a long time. They(the lawyer-firm and their clients) are basically trying scam thousands of careless p2p pirates for some nice fat settlements but the chance to get dragged to court is usually very small unless you act especially foolish. Don't talk directly to the lawyers of the opposing party - they are well trained in deadly jewish art of suing your clueless ass in numerous ways - do that through your own lawyer. The lawyer-firm doesn't give a shit if you bought the game already or that it must've been someone else etc. and in the worst case they could use that against you. And whatever you do, never ever sign that shit they send you with their demands. It more or less allows them to kick in your door and slit you throat if they ever catch you not removing stuff from their client's inventory again.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Jaesun said:
Excidium said:
This is just bad publicity for them...what a bunch of dumbfucks.

How so?
Making up numbers, suing random people for supposedly pirating their game...This whole business of trying to extort people through lawsuits makes them look like corporate retards.

tarkin

Augur
Wasteland 2
What if they are corporate retards and don't care if it makes them look bad in the eyes of some internet tough guys? I bet the shareholders love it.

edit: What if they piss on your juvenile scorn?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
tarkin said:
What if they are corporate retards and don't care if it makes them look bad in the eyes of some internet tough guys? I bet the shareholders love it.

edit: What if they piss on your juvenile scorn?
That's too bad, eh

Johnny the Mule

Educated
PorkaMorka said:
It's a win win situation.

A company that makes terrible games destroys its reputation and costs itself many future sales.

And people with terrible taste in games also suffer.

The only way it could get better is if the lawyers also somehow got cancer.

:salute:

herostratus said:
They are the reason for the dearth in singleplayer RPG's, and the reason for the rise of facebook games and microtransaction games and of course MMORPG's.
Cant tell if srs. You do realize that the freeriders by their nature are not participating in the game? And even if the were, negative reinforcement is always weaker than positive. And yet again, you got Skyrim, a singleplayer RPG of grand greatness just like Morronshit.

MetalCraze

Arcane
DarkUnderlord said:
Yeah because watching videos on YouTube and reading reviews and such is so hard these days what with the internets and all. I mean we all know YouTube lies! LIES I TELL YOU!

Well all these esteemed gentlemen and good sirs on the Codex say that you can't criticize the game until you've played it (up until credits). But you may love it even without playing.

Jaesun said:
Excidium said:
This is just bad publicity for them...what a bunch of dumbfucks.

How so?

Because I think quite a number of gamers (me included) is so sick and tired of hearing this constant butthurt from greedy retards who just can't have enough money about how piracy hurts their games - even though they are literally swimming in jew gold like CDP with The Witcher - just to have a reason to fuck customers over one more time. Even though it's a simple fact that a pirated copy neither adds nor detracts anything.

It's like persecuting people for not buying your game.

rofl the dude who thinks it's ok to pirate games labels the dude who apparently buys his games legally as a "parasite".

Haha my thought exactly. The person leeching of the financial efforts of paying customers labels them parasites. The age of entitlement...

Cant tell if srs. You do realize that the freeriders by their nature are not participating in the game?

Well, as the pro-pirates constantly tells us, the companies have to find new business models. So the companies and their creators, like Sid Meyer, looks at their products and sees that, well, this shit is almost completely single player and is so extremely easily copied that a pirate can play all of it with impunity. So they move features to where they can't be copied, like online, or make the game be about cooperation with other people - like in civworld. Same with C&C alliances. And sadly, single player RPGs happens to have all of the losing traits and none of the winning ones in this new business model environment.

Of course this doesn't mean single player RPG's are 100% totally unmakeable, just that they are much less profitable and numerous than they could have been.

el Supremo

Augur
Patron
MetalCraze said:
just to have a reason to fuck customers over one more time.
They are fucking non-customers, thats a beauty of it.
Even though it's a simple fact that a pirated copy neither adds nor detracts anything.
Dear Sir, have you ever created anything? You should try it, know the sweet feeling, when the stuff you spent countless insomniac night to create, pops up on pirate sites, being downloaded by thousands, while you manage to sell whooping twenty-odd licences.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom