Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

THE WITCHER 2 is upon us!

Inventory isn't perfect but at least it isn't pinnacle of "Streamlining" so if the game delivers in story and C&C I won't mind.

arathad

Novice
LordDenton said:
GarfunkeL said:
In fact, IIRC, the physical copy has a one-time online activation thing and that's it.
Well fuck. I guess it's a no buy then. The only thing I find acceptable is a regular DVD disc check. Any online activation scheme means you don't get to own your copy of the game.

I registered just so I can write this.

I just can't believe what PC gaming has came to....

I think the next consoles release im going to buy a console because PC gaming is dead.

BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU, do you really think that by not buying one of the last REAL pc games your going to get better ones? And youre not buying it just because of some stupid DVD check. I just can't believe it. Pc gamers are not gamers anymore, they are whiny bitches who can only pirate because of everything, go ahead find more excuses to pirate this game, PIRATE IT GO. If you really can't stand protection, buy it from GOG.com because its DRM free there. If you won't I assume you're just a pirate. Die in hell.

I bet you bought black ops.

Deleted member 7219

arathad said:
LordDenton said:
GarfunkeL said:
In fact, IIRC, the physical copy has a one-time online activation thing and that's it.
Well fuck. I guess it's a no buy then. The only thing I find acceptable is a regular DVD disc check. Any online activation scheme means you don't get to own your copy of the game.

I think the next consoles release im going to buy a console because PC gaming is dead.

BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU, do you really think that by not buying one of the last REAL pc games your going to get better ones? And youre not buying it just because of some stupid DVD check. I just can't believe it. Pc gamers are not gamers anymore, they are whiny bitches who can only pirate because of everything, go ahead find more excuses to pirate this game, PIRATE IT GO. If you really can't stand protection, buy it from GOG.com because its DRM free there. If you won't I assume you're just a pirate. Die in hell.

Welcome to the Codex. We need more people like you here.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I use no-cd/dvd cracks on all my games, don't see how protection is a valid reason not to buy something - unless its something really retarded like Ass Creed 2 drm or the game intself is blasphemy like Dragon Ass 2.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Oh hey, look, another thread about some RPG on our beloved Codex is about what? That's right, them graphics.

I, for one, am pretty happy about weight and conversation skillz being added.

LordDenton

Augur
arathad said:
LordDenton said:
GarfunkeL said:

I said I would buy it if it comes with a standard DVD check, and I won't if it comes with online activation. Learn to read.

No I didn't buy Black Ops. Actually I fucking hate consoles and the mouthbreather gameplay that comes with them. Haven't owned one since I was a kid, and you won't find a more hardcore PC gaming fanboy than me.

But that doesn't mean I'm ready to give up my rights as a consumer. Because that's exactly what happens when you buy shit that comes with online DRM. Would you have posted the same if I had said that I wouldn't buy if it comes with AssCreed2-style or Steam DRM? I guess my DRM tolerance level is lower that yours.

And since it doesn't stop piracy, why include it in the first place? Actually no, don't answer that, since it will sway this thread in the wrong direction.

dragonfk

Erudite
Well you were told on several occasions already that GoG version of The Witcher 2 has no DRM.

Doesn't it settle the matter?

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Conversation skills? Skillchecks in dialogue? That's some serious incline over the first part!

arathad

Novice
LordDenton said:
arathad said:
LordDenton said:
GarfunkeL said:

I said I would buy it if it comes with a standard DVD check, and I won't if it comes with online activation. Learn to read.

No I didn't buy Black Ops. Actually I fucking hate consoles and the mouthbreather gameplay that comes with them. Haven't owned one since I was a kid, and you won't find a more hardcore PC gaming fanboy than me.

But that doesn't mean I'm ready to give up my rights as a consumer. Because that's exactly what happens when you buy shit that comes with online DRM. Would you have posted the same if I had said that I wouldn't buy if it comes with AssCreed2-style or Steam DRM? I guess my DRM tolerance level is lower that yours.

And since it doesn't stop piracy, why include it in the first place? Actually no, don't answer that, since it will sway this thread in the wrong direction.

"Well fuck. I guess it's a no buy then."

It seems I can read, the thing is, you can't write or you are retarded.

"Shit that comes with online DRM"

Aha so you don't care for the game? You called it shit because of protection? You are not a gamer.
I agree that AC2 had retarded DRM but you can't be serious about witcher 2. Also Witcher 2 will be an amazing game and if you judge it by protection you have something seriously wrong with your brain. You were told numerous times that you can buy the game at GOG.com. Step aside, thank you pirate.

Captain Shrek

LordDenton said:
arathad said:
LordDenton said:
GarfunkeL said:

There are two problems with DRm which I agree with:

1) It checks for and distributes USER data that it should not be given access to knowingly or unknowingly. Privacy is a Man's important right.

2) It makes internet connections compulsory to play (in some cases).

That's all.

I have nothing against DVD checks, paying money or Electronic downloads (as long as they are permanent).

made

Arcane
So guys about them graphics...
face.gif

Ze Germans have a side-by-side comparison of min/max gfx setting here: NaziGamer.de

Mostly higher resolution textures on ultra from what I can see. There's no advanced gfx options in that preview build.

arathad said:
"Well fuck. I guess it's a no buy then."

It seems I can read, the thing is, you can't write or you are retarded.

"Shit that comes with online DRM"

Aha so you don't care for the game? You called it shit because of protection? You are not a gamer.
I agree that AC2 had retarded DRM but you can't be serious about witcher 2. Also Witcher 2 will be an amazing game and if you judge it by protection you have something seriously wrong with your brain. You were told numerous times that you can buy the game at GOG.com. Step aside, thank you pirate.
Goddam potato defense squad.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
made said:
So guys about them graphics...
face.gif

Ze Germans have a side-by-side comparison of min/max gfx setting here: NaziGamer.de

Mostly higher resolution textures on ultra from what I can see. There's no advanced gfx options in that preview build.

Even on minimal detail level it looks better than DA2.

Yes, yes, the graphics are amazing, but we knew that months ago. Has anyone actually read anything substantial about the story and choices/consequences (besides Tom's assurances that it isn't dumbed down)? Or if anyone has a pototo-speak link on that, I'll digest it and post a summary in a normal language.

deuxhero

Arcane
Roguey said:
Tigranes said:
Trying to sort that grid so all similar items were together was a pointless waste of time.
The enhanced edition added an autosort button, it took no time at all. And it's easier to read icons at a glance than text descriptions. I also dig that ESC EXIT in the corner there. :D Just in case you forgot how to exit the inventory.

Eh, looks like it doubles as a button. Which is fine.

List over grid is shit though

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
You could always buy the GOG version and burn it on a DVD or place it on external HDD or something.

And yes, the game does look very, very pretty - makes me wish I had something better than this crappy laptop. Oh well, I'll play it in few years then, I guess.

Also, one of the comparison screenshots on that German gamesite had boobs and nipples visible, thought I guess it was a cut-scene, so I wouldn't be too worried about censorship either, even if the boob cards are gone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom