Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

THE WITCHER 2 is upon us!

I wonder what they'll have to do to get this to run on the consoles. I have a 3-core Phenom @ 3.8 and a 1GB 8800GT and it looks like I won't be able to do any better than medium settings, if that.

tetsuo said:
or maybe polish gaming journalists cant afford a proper pc for testing? :P

babcie_laptop.jpg

Dantus12

Educated
So far looks good.
A proof that unfinished games should not be played on a laptop, not even a gaming one while recording videos and taking screenshots.
De Vries potion finally working.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Excited potato in a dungeon said:
Hmm, przez chwilę na ekranie pokazało mi się, że nie zaliczyłem jakiejś misji tam na górze. I to nie jak zszedłem do podziemia, tylko właśnie teraz, po określonym czasie najwyraźniej. Czyli są misje z ograniczeniem czasowym. Dobrze wiedzieć. I dobrze, że są.

"Hmm, the game just informed me that I failed some quest up on the surface. And it didn't happen when I just entered the dungeons, but right now, apparently after a set amount of time. So there are timed quests. Good to know. And good that there are such quests."

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Reptilian Shapeshifter said:
I wonder what they'll have to do to get this to run on the consoles. I have a 3-core Phenom @ 3.8 and a 1GB 8800GT and it looks like I won't be able to do any better than medium settings, if that.

Right? Maybe it''ll be runnable on consoles only if you staple four crapboxes or three PS3s together.

Dantus12

Educated
This was a 12gb sized first Chapter, with a readme how it's not finished.

The game is compressed on 2 dual layer DVD including bonus content.

The build for SLI GTX580 that had performance issues at the Gigabyte Tech presentation.

A later build was running smooth as silk on a i7 870 and a GTX 560 at 60 fps , and even that wasn't the final build.
So this is probably the raw from the level Editor exported version to hide leaks and spoilers about the story. So the recommended spec will probably max the game on a well maintained machine.

tetsuo said:
or maybe polish gaming journalists cant afford a proper pc for testing? :P

Please don't use him as statistical example.

He is an idiot who had problems with downloading instal files for this preview and he is working for pseudoproffesional gaming portal being owned by Agora same company that prints everyday newspapers.

We have much better gaming portals but they aren't buddies with Agora and since agora invested around 1250k euro into production of TW2 .... :smug:

And ladies and gentlemen, lo and behold, we have the inevitable 'RPG of the Decade' moment:

Potato getting mashed by Witcher 2 said:
Wiedźmin 2 wygląda lepiej, niż wszystkie cRPG w jakie grałem w ciągu ostatnich lat - i nie mówię tu tylko o grafice. Początek jest bardzo obiecujący - reżyseria, dramatyzm, wielowątkowość, kwestia wyborów

"The Witcher 2 looks better than all the cRPG's I played in recent years - and I don't just mean graphics. The beginning, the directing, the dramatization, the multiple plot lines, the question of choice, -are all promising"

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Storyfag said:
Captain Shrek said:
Not mastering all is a good thing in my book, but is the inventory consolized?

See for yourself:

http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/8/9396/z9396318O.jpg

Okay let's be fair her.
1. It is the Preview build.
2. UI art work and Design is something you can wait pretty long in the development to Finalize.

SO there is hope that this will be changed becaus DAM That looks UGLY!.
Yet i am still gay for this game.

Xi

Arcane
Trash said:
A new AA release rpg is shown with information on character progression and other gameplay elements and you retards start about the graphics? FFS. :decline:

The textures look like trash! How will I ever FAP to this? (DERP) :M

Multi-headed Cow

Since trousers are a separate piece of clothing in Witcher 2 this at least means you can run Geralt around without any pants on.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Multi-headed Cow said:
Since trousers are a separate piece of clothing in Witcher 2 this at least means you can run Geralt around without any pants on.

:thumbsup:

Dantus12

Educated
Yes, without trousers and shirt.
But the unmentionables....

They are dark, gritty, and dark and gritty, someone will hopefully get the point, and dark...:D
-------------------

taplonaplo

Scholar
Maybe this shit won't create over 10GBs of savefiles. At least Bioware can into saving game properly. What the fuck is it with 28mb save files, my whole DA2 playthru saves took less space.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I don't know why people were expecting much given how borderline the first game was. At the very least in the sequel you actually have to think how you spend your attributes/talents and... shocking... there is actually itemization! Not as if the inventory screen is significantly different than the first game. Selective memory at its finest.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Captain Shrek said:
made said:
Now they have screenies of the (consolized) inventory and skill trees. Supposedly you can't master all the trees and have to focus on one or two. An example of the dialogue skills:

z9396391O.jpg

Hmph.

Not mastering all is a good thing in my book, but is the inventory consolized?

Wait, what?! Intimidation as a skill? Does it mean that this time there will be a selection of non-combat skills available to the player?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Mrowak said:
Wait, what?! Intimidation as a skill? Does it mean that this time there will be a selection of non-combat skills available to the player?

It's true! This time there will actually be RPG elements!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom