Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 2 screenshots

Jim Cojones

Prophet
CD Projekt has published some high resolution screenshots from their upcoming game. Most of them are from the scenes already shown in the trailers but there's also a couple showing monsters that I can't recall seeing before.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
FatCat said:
why do bald dudes beard-shadow goes almost up to his eyes

It's a fantasy world, you can't complain about something being unrealistic :M

Traxis

Novice

Seems like i'm not the only one surprised with the sequel. Is anyone here getting it from GOG?

made

Arcane
Dunno yet. I don't really need or want a box and buying through GOG helps CDPR the most I guess, but paying for a download just feels so... wrong.

Either way, this will be the best RPG this year right next to Dead Space 2.

Hegel

Arcane
The lack of tits might appeal Jaesuns all around the world but I personally find it untasteful and worrisome.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
commie said:
The lack of tits will be made up for with an increase in schlongs.

:yeah:

I just pre-ordered it.

Just kidding. I still have not played The Witcher yet, and I fucking own the thing.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
*sad* Console UI and the game is made with consoles in mind :'(...

Why cant devs make a ui for pc and a separate one for console...

Lemming

Novice
Kaldurenik said:
*sad* Console UI and the game is made with consoles in mind :'(...

Why cant devs make a ui for pc and a separate one for console...

Unfortunately that Didn't help Dragon Age become a good game!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
JarlFrank said:
Kaldurenik said:
the game is made with consoles in mind :'(...

No it's not.
Fraid so.
"It's the first console project we would like to do," Bartkowicz confirms. "We need to do it in house. In the end we decided not to do it outsourced. We've been running some tests, and putting a small part of the game just to make sure we're not cheating anyone. We can show it to you, it is possible." Sadly, we ran out of time to see it for our own eyes, but the fact that CD Projekt is happy to go on the record and say that it's happening is good news. In fact, the game's eventual transition to console has been planned from day one. "You can play The Witcher 2 with joypad - it's implemented. The whole interface is designed with console in mind, in fact."
9gipap.jpg

Consolized inventory if I ever saw one. Needlessly large paper doll, a list that only displays nine items at a time, that text box taking up space in the corner there, and "Press and hold BACK button to display pad help." It'll be even funnier if the port doesn't happen.

el Supremo

Augur
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Roguey said:
9gipap.jpg

Consolized inventory if I ever saw one. Needlessly large paper doll, a list that only displays nine items at a time, that text box taking up space in the corner there, and "Press and hold BACK button to display pad help." It'll be even funnier if the port doesn't happen.
Worn pants :lol:
But doesn't he look like the first Geralt? Isn't it an inventory from a console version of the first Witcher? The one, they have called off, because of incompetent Frenchmen or whatever.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Yes it did not help Dragon age... But in the end it gets a point for having a PC UI atleast... Imagine playing Dragon age with ME's inventory... gawd =/

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
No, that's a shot from the prison break video. See he's only wearing pants and he has that key.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Wolfus said:
Dead Space 2 is RPG? First one was (little boring) action game...

So was the first Witcher.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom