Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine Expansion

Paul_cz

Arcane
Depends how one defines linearity. Yes I doubt there will be a fork decision like in TW2 splitting it into two games, but on the other hand TW2 was closed (beautiful and large) corridors, this will be an open map and I am sure many quests will have multiple resolutions and various CnC.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-10-witcher-3-blood-and-wine-release-officially-announced

Witcher 3: Blood and Wine release officially announced

CD Projekt Red has officially announced the release date for the second, and final, Witcher 3 expansion Blood and Wine. It is 31st May, a day later than was rumoured yesterday.

The release date arrives as the embargo lifts on Blood and Wine coverage. I spent a few hours with the game and also talked to key figures in the development team; one person told me Blood and Wine was "a graphical upgrade from the base game", and another confirmed there would be no new content released for Witcher 3 after the expansion arrives. There will, however, be patches.

Blood and Wine is available individually for £15.99 or can be bundled with the game's first expansion, Hearts of Stone, for £20.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-06-witcher-3-expansion-blood-and-wine-preview

A few hours with final Witcher 3 expansion Blood and Wine

Own a vineyard! Mutate! Talk to Roach!

jpg

This is more like it. The Witcher 3's second expansion, Blood & Wine, is a treat - as welcome a return to the adventures of monster hunter Geralt as you could ask for. It's even bigger than we've been led to believe. More than 30 hours of content - not 20 as we've been previously told - in a new region the size of No Man's Land, but at very different ends of the visual spectrum.

Whereas No Man's Land is ravaged by war, the new region of Toussaint is untouched by it, an idyll reminiscent of Southern France that's bursting with life and colour, a whole new palette of crumbly old buildings drenched in golden sunlight and wrapped in ivy. It is distractingly beautiful - a fairytale land of knights and chivalry, the ornate palace of Beauclair jutting like a Disney centre-point in the middle. But it's also a region stalked by a mysterious and merciless killer, one who turns out to be far more complex than you at first imagine.

But arguably the two standout features in Blood & Wine are its new Mutation character development system, and how it gives you - Geralt - a vineyard. Yes that's right, no more sleeping on the road: a place to finally call your own. And you can upgrade it, eventually unlocking buffs applied when you sleep there. These buffs range from extra health for Geralt to extra stamina for his horse Roach, extra potion uses or extra experience point gain.

The vineyard, Corvo Bianco, is gifted early on and comprises a main house and outbuildings. Some people mill about there, uttering and grunting the kind of wonderful nonsense NPCs do in The Witcher 3. The vineyard is rundown, the sort of project I used to long to one day take on while watching TV show A Place in the Sun, and doing it up requires coin. It's 1000 gold each for a grindstone and armour table, and a further 5000 gold for a general restoration - and that's not the end of it. Once you splash the cash it becomes a place of luxury, where you can display entire armour sets, weapons and even hang paintings. It seems completely at odds with Geralt's nomadic and gruff character, but as a swansong for CD Projekt Red and The Witcher (at least for now) it's entirely appropriate - a putting up of the feet if you like.

Mutations, on the other hand, are a sorely needed new progression mechanic, particularly aimed at New Game Plus players. Mutations layer on top of the advancement system already there, unlocking new slots for skills (at last!) as well as granting powerful abilities of their own. There are 12 Mutations unlocked by spending both ability points and mutagens.

There's one called Adrenaline Rush which is a kind of berserker mode. It boosts attack power and Sign intensity by 30 per cent for every opponent in the battle - but only for the first 30 seconds. Later it decreases attack power and Sign intensity by 15 per cent for every opponent.

There's another called Bloodbath that has your fatal blows either dismember foes or trigger finishers, which sounds wonderfully gory. It also comes with a very powerful buff that boosts attack power for every blow you land up to a maximum of 250 per cent. Good gracious! But this resets when the battle ends or when you take damage. In other words, the buff behaves a lot like the Wyvern decoction already in the game.

Other Mutations, which I didn't catch the names of, do things like enable Signs to land critical hits, then explode those enemies killed with critical hits; prevent players from dying by healing them after would-be killing blows and granting damage immunity instead; and make Aard instantly kill opponents it knocks down and freeze those left standing. Powerful stuff.

jpg

1/14 Knights and tents and, of course, a bit of cleavage.

Other notable gameplay additions include armour dyes - one per piece of armour - and equipment set bonuses. There's a bonus at three pieces and a bonus at six, which means you'll need all four pieces of armour as well as the two swords to make a full set. As an example, the 3/6 Grandmaster Feline set bonus makes strong attacks temporarily buff fast attacks, increasing their damage by 10 per cent for five seconds for each piece of the set equipped. That's a potential 60 per cent damage boost with a whole set when you vary your attacks (and would combine marvellously with a Forktail decoction). The 6/6 Feline set bonus increases rear attack damage by 50 per cent, and if you have an adrenaline point, uses it to stun the opponent.

Blood and Wine also introduces dynamic points of interest that adapt and change according to your actions in the region. So, should you kill some bandits over there, for example, there will be fewer bandits over here, in the hideout - and if you clear the hideout the area will be safer as a result. Blood and Wine further tidies the game's inventory, too, and makes books and letters readable at the click of a thumbstick, which is far more convenient than rifling through bags.

It's harder for Blood and Wine to make deeper changes to ingrained systems like combat, because to do so would probably require a new game. Instead, CD Projekt Red has used all it knows about how you play to try and create new challenges you'll need new tactics to overcome. This is most evident in the scripted boss encounters, which come thick and fast - particularly the smaller, faster bosses who don't wait for you to attack but hit you with flurries of strikes and special abilities. I found myself on the back foot, struggling to work out how make a breakthrough, which was a refreshing turn of pace from the The Witcher 3 base game, where many battles I had fought many times before. One boss in Blood and Wine I couldn't work out how to hurt for a good few minutes. Blood and Wine is challenging, then, and it's advised you be closer to level 40 if playing on a harder difficulty setting. Mid-30s should do otherwise.

jpg

1/10 The new Character screen - you can't see the Mutation skill tree here but you can see a Mutation in effect, and the extra skill slots unlocked.

Variation isn't only reserved for bosses, though - or for new monsters like a wight that summons ghostly dogs. It's in the very bones of what Blood and Wine is trying to do, hence the vibrant new region, and hence the vineyard. It's CD Projekt Red looking at a familiar box of building bricks and trying to come up with something new, and throwing everything (plus some 100 people) at it.

I only tried one side-quest in the time I had but apparently it was a good example of the kind of thing on offer. The quest entered me into a grand tourney, of riding and shooting and fighting, and chatting to people in tourney tents in between. It reminded me more than a little of a King's Landing and tourneys in A Game of Thrones - not least because the champion you face in the finale is a blatant nod to Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane. It's the kind of unshackled irreverence and playfulness an expansion can delight in - that CD Projekt Red clearly delights in - and I expect it crescendos as you explore. I even heard of one quest that involves taking mushrooms and talking to your horse Roach, no less!

From what I've seen, Blood and Wine is stuffed to the brim with riches, overflowing with the kind of generosity of content, and craft and care, that made The Witcher 3 so delightful. Whether it keeps the momentum up over its many hours I don't know. But on this evidence it is a very fond farewell to a series the studio has worked on for a decade, and you would be the court jester to miss it.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...wine-is-a-graphics-upgrade-from-the-base-game

Witcher 3: Blood and Wine is "a graphics upgrade from the base game"

A year ago I sat in a room with a downcast Adam Badowski, studio head of CD Projekt Red, and we talked about The Witcher 3 'graphics downgrade'. He wanted his game to visually knock people's socks off but instead it faced criticism.

Something he said stuck with me. He said, and I'm paraphrasing here: you wait until expansion two - then you'll see what we can really do.

Now the wait is over: expansion two - Blood and Wine - is nearly here (it's rumoured to have a 30th May release date). Moreover, I've played it. And not only is it beautiful - a postcard of a place inspired by Southern France, drenched in colour and sun - it's actually technically more accomplished to boot.

"Generally it is a graphics upgrade from the base game," senior environment artist Len de Gracia told me. "We have employed methods that we did not implement in the base game. You can literally bring your camera up to a wall now and the textures would be crisp - at least in most cases.

"80, 85, probably even 90 per cent of the assets - in terms of environment that you find in this game - are brand new. You can just look at the market stalls right now: you would never see the same market stalls in the base game. For the longest time we were like, 'I want this, I want that,' and finally we got this chance - we got this room to incorporate other people. We have probably 20 times the amount of vegetables we used to!

"We just wanted to show that we can actually push it to the limit this time."

You shouldn't see anything that looks similar in Toussaint to in the base Witcher 3 game. All the vegetation and architecture in this whimsical land (that's bigger than Skellige) are different, even the props and lighting. And if something has been reused it should be so heavily masked you don't notice.

That's wonderful but also worrying. Worrying because consoles struggled with the base Witcher 3 game and needed patches to stabilise performance. If Blood and Wine is even more visually impressive than base Witcher 3, what does that mean for consoles - that they're in for a rough time?

"No, actually," Len de Gracia replied. "We also got really organised. It's like a fresh development. Blood and Wine we literally started from scratch. The mistakes we went through, in terms of perhaps optimisation before, we have covered them.

"For example: before, each and every prop had its own texture; this might require another draw-call or so. It impacts performance. But this time around we know we're going to group these things together so you have them representing same texture now, so we're loading less but maximising the quality at the same time."

That means - hold your breath - Blood and Wine may run at 30 frames-per-second on console from the get go.

"We are still aiming for that but for the most part we have already hit it," said de Gracia. "In certain places we still need to run through stuff and try to optimise it the best we can, but in comparison to Witcher 3, production has been way smoother."

Game director Konrad Tomaszkiewicz echoed that, and told me in a separate interview that "we are pointing it at 30fps and when I am playing right now, [it] works well".

Toussaint is a self-contained "independent entity" separate from the base Witcher 3 game. That's how it could be built from scratch using new methods and optimisations. But because of that it makes the optimisations "very difficult" to retroactively apply to the base game.

"It would be very difficult," said de Gracia. "This time we went through a clean slate. If we wanted to change the base game ... we might run into a lot of problems. But maybe, perhaps, in future, they will be like, 'Maybe we could pimp up Witcher 3 base game.' We'll see.

You can read my thoughts about the new expansion in my Blood and Wine preview that's live now.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-the-witcher-3-after-blood-and-wine-comes-out

No new content for The Witcher 3 after Blood and Wine comes out
"This is the last thing we deliver and we focus on Cyberpunk."

There won't be any new content released for The Witcher 3 after second expansion Blood and Wine, game director Konrad Tomaszkiewicz has told me.

CD Projekt Red never promised anything beyond the 16 free pieces of DLC and the two expansions but this is up to date confirmation from the horse's mouth nonetheless.

"Is this the last expansion?" I asked Tomaszkiewicz when I went to see Blood and Wine recently. "Yes," he answered.

"Will there be any more game content released for The Witcher 3 at all?" I followed up. "No," he said, "this is the last thing we deliver and we focus on Cyberpunk."

There will, however, continue to be patches released for The Witcher 3. "The first thing is that we try to fix as many bugs as we can for the second expansion and the main game," he said, "and we will release a patch before we release the expansion and maybe one later."

RedKit modding support for The Witcher 3 is a trickier issue. The Witcher 3 has ModKit support but not the more capable RedKit tools like The Witcher 2. CD Projekt Red suggested they might come and then suggested they might not, but never closed the door entirely.

Whether we will ever get RedKit for The Witcher 3, Tomaszkiewicz - game director - didn't seem to know. "I don't got such information to be honest," he said. "We want to support our community and I hope that we will do something."

Tomaszkiewicz will "probably" go and help on Cyberpunk 2077 after Blood and Wine comes out, as will most of the 100 people working on the expansion. But he won't take lead on it; studio director Adam Badowski will do that.

"But maybe I will get something new," teased Tomaszkiewicz, "we'll see."

CD Projekt Red plans to have four teams working on games; two big teams, two smaller teams.

The major focus will naturally be Cyberpunk 2077, not due until after 2017, and there are plans for another blockbuster game to be released before 2021. Whether the latter one will be a Witcher game I don't know. I've been led to believe the studio will take a break from the IP, but it would be silly - given its success - not to return to it at some point.

"Personally I hope that someday in the future we will do something more because I love the setting and I work on The Witcher games around 12 years right now," he said. "But I don't know what we will decided. The strategy plan they've got they will share with us soon. We'll see."

CDPR has another game planned for 2016 it described in a financial presentation as, "A new type of video game format previously unexplored by the studio." I don't know what this is.

Maybe at E3 in June things will become clearer.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
http://www.pcgamer.com/the-witcher-3-blood-and-wine-is-a-sprawling-exciting-expansion/

The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine is a sprawling, exciting expansion

Once upon a time, in a vineyard far, far away, there lived a grizzled old swordmaster. After a lifetime spent defeating hundreds of monsters, and thousands of random bandits, it was time for a rest. He would watch the countryside with a nice glass of expensive red, and swap stories about the Bloody Baron and the Witches of Velen with friends.

And so might have ended the saga of Geralt of Rivia. Fortunately for us, there is darkness in the gorgeous hills of Toussaint, the massive new zone added by the Blood and Wine expansion. It's a glowing pastiche of rural France, a land of chivalry, medieval fairs and shining golden armour. The people here love to eat, drink and be happy—when they're not being eaten by vampires, at least. A Witcher's work is never done.

Blood and Wine has an impressive stat sheet: 90 new quests, 20 new monsters, 100 pieces of armour, an upgradeable vineyard, new mutations. It feels like a proper extension of the main game, complete with a twisting core tale of royalty and monsters. The setup is simple: Duchess Anna Henrietta summons Geralt to Toussaint to solve a series of brutal murders, inducting him into an alien world of good wine and summer tourneys.

There's an entertaining friction between Geralt's personality and the Toussaint's lavish customs. It's a classic fish-out-of-water story told well. From Blood and Wine's opening moments, Geralt must wrestle with the florid language of the Duchess' protectors. Events conspire to force Geralt into a sunset festival at the Duchess' gorgeous castle. The guests scoff and laugh at his boorishness. Even the taverns of Toussaint are different. In one, the bartender is outraged when Geralt asks him for local gossip. On the way out, a man at a nearby table mutters to himself, “A well-composed pâté, I must admit!” We're not in Velen anymore, Toto.

Blood and Wine is a fine showcase for a team at the peak of their abilities. Characterisation is swift and vivid, and the laid-back tone contrasts well with the grim intensity of Velen and the lonely, beautiful crags of Skellige. In less than an hour I'm enjoying the company of the honourable duo, Palmerin and Milton. The Duchess is a no-nonsense problem-solving machine. Knight Guillant constantly performs daring deeds to impress a lady at court, but is completely useless at it. It's a brilliant balance of comedy, high-fantasy fun and darkened by sudden moments of violence.

I don't want to give any details that might spoil the plot, but the opening hours include a vineyard massacre and the discovery of a severed hand that is still alive. For all the merriment and sunshine of the new area, this is still The Witcher, where the monsters often have complex motivations. Tertiary characters are explored in greater detail in Blood and Wine's sidequests, which seem to be comparable in depth to The Witcher 3's chunky asides.

As Geralt tracks the prime suspect (a supposedly untrackable beast, wreathed in dark magic) he finds new ways to grow in power. The mutations system lets you research powerful ability modifiers, including one that allows Geralt's signs to register critical hits, causing affected enemies to explode. The telekenetic Aard thrust attack, in its mutated form, can freeze enemies to death. Combat mutations can affect killing blows, causing them to automatically dismember enemies. Another causes subsequent attacks to increase attack power—ideal for players that like to use flurries of light strikes. To achieve the most powerful build, you have to take Geralt into new game+, which raises the level cap to 100.

These powers can be researched with the aid of the master alchemy lab lurking underneath Geralt's vineyard home, gifted to him early in the expansion. There you can also spend money to have your aide—the excellently named Barnabas Basil—upgrade your weapon and armour racks. He can also build new features into your villa, such as grinding wheel for your swords and a garden for growing herbs. It's oddly touching that Geralt finally has a place to call his own, one without Kaer Morhen's traumatic past. Blood and Wine could be a happy ending for him, and based on the three hours I've played, should be a happy ending for Witcher 3 fans too. It's out on May 31.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
http://www.pcgamesn.com/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/the-witcher-3-blood-wine-preview

The Witcher 3: Blood & Wine - train up for a tournament in the huge sunny land of Toussaint, but beware the local serial killer

Toussaint is unlike anywhere you’ve been in The Witcher before. Typically we’re used to Geralt trekking through dismal bog lands and villages filled with the kinds of locals whose real-life equivalents may be found in the grimmest pubs you could ever mistakenly enter. Toussaint, on the other hand, is a Mediterranean-like haven of warm, autumnal colours, flourishing farmlands, and knights with strict codes of honour.

Oh, and a monstrous serial killer on the loose. Business as usual for The Witcher, then.

Love The Witcher 3? It's one of the best PC games, for sure.

The%20Witcher%203%20Blood%20%26%20Wine%2012.jpg

I recently went to visit CD Projekt at their base in Warsaw to get nice and familiar with Blood & Wine, the second and final expansion for The Witcher 3. Unsurprisingly it’s wonderful; very much more of what you love, with the odd tweak here and there to make sure it’s all smooth and shiny. But it’s the world that CD Projekt have created in Toussaint that makes Blood & Wine special. More so than the likes of Velen and Novigrad, this new country has its own distinct texture and flavour.

I’ve already mentioned the colour palette, which makes the whole thing feel notably more hopeful than the oft-depressing quests of the main game, and that extends into the scenery. The forest floors sprout giant mushrooms, granting the area a slightly more fantastical vibe. Vistas present acres and acres of rolling gold fields, penned in by astonishing mountains that cast shade over towns with a lively Tuscan aesthetic.

The inhabitants of Toussaint are different, too. While there’s no shortage of people with various motives, the population here are more noble than the backstabbers and grudge-holders we’ve become accustomed to. Led by the well-regarded Duchess Anna, it’s a realm of knights who abide by the laws of chivalry; where breaking those rules is akin to blasphemy. Expect to see ever more elaborate armour designs during your trip, with breastplates adorned with sigils and gold leaf, as well as a full-blown medieval-style tournament.

The%20Witcher%203%20Blood%20%26%20Wine%2002.jpg

Before all that though, there’s the issue of Golyet the giant. As Geralt gallops into Toussaint on the back of Roach, he’s soon intercepted by a lumbering giant swinging what appears to be a grindstone bolted to a lamppost. Blood & Wine’s first boss battle is a strong indicator of what’s to come over the course of the expansion.

The series of bosses I fought over three hours of play were significantly more challenging than anything from Wild Hunt. Use of the Bestiary is practically mandatory now; while many previous encounters have allowed you to overcome challenges with unrelenting brute force, there are enemies this time that demand use of specific potions and explosives to defeat them, none of which the game will inform you of outside the bestiary. Research is as key to the fight as swinging a sword.

Golyet isn’t that kind of boss, but the encounter with him is exceptionally cinematic. While Blood & Wine doesn’t feel the need to tell another here-comes-the-apocalypse story (it actually feels like Geralt is winding down a little), its biggest battles do feel more event-worthy than many of Wild Hunt’s. Golyet stamps his way through herds of fleeing sheep and causes a windmill to collapse as he bellows and growls, marking his presence as an important and memorable moment in the story.

The%20Witcher%203%20Blood%20%26%20Wine%2007.jpg

Not that he’s the main star or antagonist. As mentioned earlier, there’s a serial killer on the prowl, which gives the whole expansion a sort of CSI: Toussaint angle. While Geralt is no stranger to using Witcher sense and plenty of conversation to bring clues and evidence to the surface, this investigation pulls a few more threads from the world of murder mystery fiction. The killer has a distinct MO, butchering very specific people on very specific days. If you wanted a Sherlock Holmes game where you can simultaneously investigate clues and hack the head off a vampire, then Blood & Wine is the game for you.

Should delving into the gruesome details of serial murder be a little too much for your stomach, you can break up your detective work by exploring the new region and its many, many side-quests. Once again this is an area that rivals the scope of anything in the main game, densely populated with villages, outposts, and weird sites of interest that each have something to keep Geralt busy. There’s even a vineyard for the Witcher to tend to during his downtime.

The%20Witcher%203%20Blood%20%26%20Wine%2010.jpg

The side-quests are where much of Toussaint’s flavour can be extracted, with one that I was able to play focussing very much on the code of chivalry that everyone seems to abide by. With a knight unable to enter the grand tourney, it’s up to Geralt to brandish his sword in the arena. While the stakes may still be high, there’s an enjoyable sense of joviality to it all. As you practice for the big day - racing horses, making sure your crossbow aim is true on the range - the spirit of the tournament builds. It’s not to say that Blood & Wine is a lighter or simpler story than its siblings, but there’s definitely a feeling that the title of the expansion sums up the two sides you’ll find.

After dozens of hours in the grim, ugly land of Wild Hunt, the trouble-in-paradise world presented in Blood & Wine feels like the perfect epilogue chapter. It’s very much the game we know and love, but presented through a new filter that reminds us that CD Projekt are at their best when they’re offering a fun, alternate turn on the traditional. If this is Geralt’s last hurrah, it seems guaranteed to be one of his finest.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/the-witcher-3-blood-wine-vineyard

The Witcher 3: Blood & Wine lets you restore an old vineyard for Geralt to live happily ever after in

The%20Witcher%203%20Blood%20%26%20Wine%2006.jpg

As mentioned in our Witcher 3: Blood & Wine hands-on impressions, there’s a feeling in this story that Geralt of Rivia is finally winding down. It’s something all the best heroes have to do. And just like Rambo hobbled back to his ranch after a long career of bloody murder, Geralt now has his own little piece of home: the Corvo Bianco Vineyard.

Looking for somewhere else to call home? Why not try one of the best sandbox games on PC?

Among the big bosses and fancy armour sets of this expansion, the vineyard could be easily swept aside as a minor feature. But it’s of both narrative and interactive importance for Blood & Wine. Not just a place for the series to hang its cloak, the vineyard is an area for players to invest time and money in as they renovate it from dilapidated ruin to stately manor.

The%20Witcher%203%20Blood%20%26%20Wine%2001.jpg

The deeds to the vineyard are part of Geralt’s payment for accepting the main contract in Blood & Wine, and when you first arrive it’s clear that a substantial amount of work needs doing. Brickwork is cracked, gardens are little more than dirt patches, and the house is an echoey, spider-web ridden wreck. But with some cash injected into the system, this place can be a perfect retirement palace.

The vineyard works as a sort of player housing arrangement, but don’t expect something on quite the same level of Skyrim’s Hearthfire expansion. Instead your estate manager/butler will arrange the restoration of various areas in return for gold.

And we’re talking substantial amounts of gold; to restore the entire plot you’re going to need multiple thousands. It’s a campaign-long investment, with each new quest reward helping you make an improvement here and there. It’s reminiscent of real-life, much like how people scrimp and save over months to decorate a new home to the perfect finish.

Investment in the vineyard doesn’t just offer aesthetically-pleasing additions. The majority of renovations confer bonus stats to Geralt, or some kind of aid. Plant a garden and you’ll be able to harvest herbs for your potion-brewing. Build stables and Roach will have notably improved stamina. Furnish a guest bedroom and Geralt can invite company around for dinner (come on, CD Projekt, we know Geralt’s visitor’s won’t actually be using that room).

The%20Witcher%203%20Blood%20%26%20Wine%2004.jpg

There is some Sims-like decoration too, albeit with an RPG, monster-hunting twist. All those fancy swords you’ve amassed over your career? Why not fill your hallway with mahogany stands to display them on? Those elaborate suits of armour that you stopped using weeks ago, but are too beautiful to let go of? Put them on mannequins in your dining room so it looks like you’ve got an army in attendance at mealtimes.

For all the lovely little things you can do in Geralt’s vineyard, it seems like the one thing you can’t actually do is make actual wine. Perhaps that’s something being held back as a surprise for the final release, or maybe that was just too much to hope for (turning the Witcher into a winemaking and distribution management game may be a step too far).

But that’s not what Corvo Bianco is about. It’s a little plot of land in a beautiful country where finally, after so much turmoil and travelling, Geralt can be at peace. After being homeless and memoryless for so long, it’s probably what he deserves.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

"THE LAND OF WINE IS DRENCHED IN BLOOD”

For the last time become professional monster slayer Geralt of Rivia and explore Toussaint, a remote land untouched by war, where you will unravel the horrifying secret behind a beast terrorizing the kingdom. Blood and Wine is a 30+ hour adventure full of dark deeds, unexpected twists, romance and deceit.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine launches on May 31, 2016.

Perkel

Arcane
30h ? Holly hell they talked earlier about 20h.
For comparison main story for TW3 is supposed to be 50h where i did it in ~79 with barely any side quests aside from few (i didn't play any of skellige sidequest !!)

It is good that i will be finally able to experience everything from A to Z. Missed even HoS because i wanted to do one final big playtrough of all content in finished form.

Perkel

Arcane
Also Geralt owning vineyard ?

I assume this will have to do something with Dendelion ownership and his banishment. So imo geralt will be doing as pole for Dendelion to sell it to someone or something akin to that.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron

vortex

Fabulous Optimist

"THE LAND OF WINE IS DRENCHED IN BLOOD”

For the last time become professional monster slayer Geralt of Rivia and explore Toussaint, a remote land untouched by war, where you will unravel the horrifying secret behind a beast terrorizing the kingdom. Blood and Wine is a 30+ hour adventure full of dark deeds, unexpected twists, romance and deceit.
Dark deeds and unexpected twists? Count me in and color me interested.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
First the enhanced romances, now armor-dying and and a customizable home of sorts... Man, they're really pandering to their brand new fanbase of BSN refugees. I won't complain, though. It's all well and good as long as they retain their balls, and they probably have the skill to explain the vineyard in a satisfactory manner.

Perkel

Arcane
Also there is that chick vampire from night to remember trailer in game. Looks like CDPR will do whole quest based on this trailer:

Perkel

Arcane
apperently they did it: (books spoiler)
this is apperently regis. IMO who knows. In books he was high vampire sort of which was nearly impossible to kill. They did sort of kill him in books but he is high vampire he could regenerate. Though timeline doesn't make sense then as regis took like 50 (or 500) years to regenerate when he was chopped by peasants.

GJAwJ59.jpg

Wolfe

Arbiter
If that's true, it would be amazing. He was probably my favourite character in the books (except for Geralt/Ciri/Yennefer). Timeline would indeed be fucked but man, I'd be so happy to see him again.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Also Geralt owning vineyard ?

I assume this will have to do something with Dendelion ownership and his banishment. So imo geralt will be doing as pole for Dendelion to sell it to someone or something akin to that.

To start Blood and Wine you will have to have completed the 'A Poet under Pressure' quest.

I won. What do i win ?

I knew it that they will do something with Dendelion part of that quest that went nowhere.

Perkel

Arcane
If that's true, it would be amazing. He was probably my favourite character in the books (except for Geralt/Ciri/Yennefer). Timeline would indeed be fucked but man, I'd be so happy to see him again.
dude spoiler that shit

IT is confirmed by devs. Ign italy did interview and devs confirmed it. He was helped by other vampire.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom