Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine Expansion

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Ugh, that UI looks horrible. Not that the original was perfect, but grids>lists anyday. Fake edit: Okay, especially the potions and the books were quite the mess after 10+ hours in the original, so maybe this will be more usable, but it still looks worse. :?
It seems more readable, although i have to admit, the UI is atrocious console popamole.

13-bV5SaDF.png

01-TZOnLu6-1400x788.png

07-So6D9QH-1400x788.png

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
Ugh, that UI looks horrible. Not that the original was perfect, but grids>lists anyday. Fake edit: Okay, especially the potions and the books were quite the mess after 10+ hours in the original, so maybe this will be more usable, but it still looks worse. :?
It seems more readable, although i have to admit, the UI is atrocious console popamole.

13-bV5SaDF.png

01-TZOnLu6-1400x788.png

07-So6D9QH-1400x788.png
:dead: I thought the crafting screen you posted on the previous was the inventory screen. Didn't bother checking the right side of the picture. That would have been too retarded and too radical change.
facepalm2.png
The improved inventory seems fine enough.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
It still kind of sucks that you'll have to cycle through all those different pages instead of being able to easily jump from one tab to another with a single mouse-click, like in TW1:

7EE50FDA1D827BDC89F09F27F7DF0B2B10EE8C61

After all the patches and UI changes it's weird that they still expect you to use "RB" and "LB" to get around, even on the PC. Oh well, at least you have hotkeys.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Hotkeys. I never cycle.
I mentioned them in my post, but a purely mouse-driven UI would still be superior. I hate these modern bastardized inventory screens and quest journals that allow for the use of a mouse but still scream console design every step of the way. It'd only take a very minor change to greatly improve on the usability of the journal system and make it look like a proper PC game.

Tytus

Arcane

One has to ask, why hasn't it been like this 1 year ago ?

what they say - what it actually means:
early access - first playable build
release - alpha
release + day 1 patch - beta
release + three months of patching - gold
enhanced edition - actual release

That's why. Like most of the developers these days they released early access version and now after a year it's finally the actual release.

Gerrard

Arcane

One has to ask, why hasn't it been like this 1 year ago ?

what they say - what it actually means:
early access - first playable build
release - alpha
release + day 1 patch - beta
release + three months of patching - gold
enhanced edition - actual release

That's why. Like most of the developers these days they released early access version and now after a year it's finally the actual release.
Gamer entitlement at its finest.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
weird geometry under the fog, weird illumination on Geralt, looks like Geralt is just floating in the fog, and the only piece of rock in the pic has shitty low res textures. nothing new for TW3, but very noticeable in a bare scene like that

roll-a-die

Magister
weird geometry under the fog, weird illumination on Geralt, looks like Geralt is just floating in the fog, and the only piece of rock in the pic has shitty low res textures. nothing new for TW3, but very noticeable in a bare scene like that
While I will admit that screenshot is pretty low res on that rock, but what released game(No modded games please.) do you honestly consider having better quality textures and graphics than TW3? Just curious to get a gfx whorez perspective.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
While I will admit that screenshot is pretty low res on that rock, but what released game(No modded games please.) do you honestly consider having better quality textures and graphics than TW3? Just curious to get a gfx whorez perspective.
Overall? not many(tho Uncharted 4 is insanely pretty), but then again, I'm not saying that TW3 is a bad looking game, I'm just saying that one screenshot is shitty.

roll-a-die

Magister
Overall? not many(tho Uncharted 4 is insanely pretty), but then again, I'm not saying that TW3 is a bad looking game, I'm just saying that one screenshot is shitty.
Ah kay.

Doktor Best

Arcane
How to spot a narcistist part 1: They go out on a field trip and the one object they film 80% of the time is themselves.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Why don't they just disable those things instead of blurring them out?

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Why don't they just disable those things instead of blurring them out?
It's 2016, the number one rule of HUDs is to have as much clutter on the screen as possible. Even hints that tell you which button to press if you want to sprint, in case you happened to forget about it after playing the game for 100+ hours.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom