Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine Expansion

Doktor Best

Arcane
Atleast its just an optional feature, no harm done if you dont turn it on from the start.

bonescraper

It's admirable that they keep trying to fix all the broken things in their game, but unfortunately they seem to be doing it in the most fucked-up ways.
Why, do you know what the option actually does? It scales only the low-level enemies. Everything above your level stays untouched.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Why, do you know what the option actually does? It scales only the low-level enemies. Everything above your level stays untouched.
You're saying it like such scaling isn't a bad thing. It's an optional feature that probably took them five minutes to add into the game, so I don't really mind, but level-scaling doesn't even begin to fix the late-game balance issues, like being able to just breeze through everything that is within your own level range. At best it's a very crude way to hide the fact that after Velen you're pretty much overleveled for the rest of the game, at least as far as the main quest is concerned.

Then again, properly balancing the game would require a major overhaul, and it's obvious that they're not going to do it at this stage of development. Hearts of Stone was at least a bit better balanced than the main game, and hopefully Blood and Wine will build upon that.

bonescraper

Oh i knew it's going to end this way. No, i don't think it's a good thing overall, but it's too late for a major overhaul. It's what it is, it's otpional and it's not as bad as some people make it out to be. Just deal with it. At least it looks like they're aware of some of the game's issues.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Never got past the first few hours of the original Witcher -- some ping-pong fetch quests killed my interest -- so I have no dog in this fight. But I have to say the summary of positive features at the end of this review really says it all: before "strong story," IGN lists "armor dyes."

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
You're saying it like such scaling isn't a bad thing. It's an optional feature that probably took them five minutes to add into the game, so I don't really mind, but level-scaling doesn't even begin to fix the late-game balance issues, like being able to just breeze through everything that is within your own level range. At best it's a very crude way to hide the fact that after Velen you're pretty much overleveled for the rest of the game, at least as far as the main quest is concerned.

Then again, properly balancing the game would require a major overhaul, and it's obvious that they're not going to do it at this stage of development. Hearts of Stone was at least a bit better balanced than the main game, and hopefully Blood and Wine will build upon that.

So it's better to play this with level scaling ?

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
But I have to say the summary of positive features at the end of this review really says it all: before "strong story," IGN lists "armor dyes."

Since W3 came out players wanted to see white hooded armor to make a fashion playthrough of Ezio from Assassin's creed. Myself included. It's not a big deal just a fetish thing. :)
witcher_3_grandmaster_armour_1.jpg

Gerrard

Arcane
Never got past the first few hours of the original Witcher -- some ping-pong fetch quests killed my interest -- so I have no dog in this fight. But I have to say the summary of positive features at the end of this review really says it all: before "strong story," IGN lists "armor dyes."
This says some things alright, about you.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
The colors are fine, the people are fucked! :)

Hollywood imprinted the image of the medieval setting as being full of dark clouds, grey and brown colors.
Also the ancient Greek statues were painted in flaring colors.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Colors are nice capturing italian baroque with slight drop of art deco. I bet this woman with a crown is a major bruxa or bruha badass under her skin. Bad relationships have thought me how to spot a fake woman.:cool:

Tytus

Arcane
Colors are nice capturing italian baroque with slight drop of art deco. I bet this woman with a crown is a major bruxa or bruha badass under her skin. Bad relationships have thought me how to spot a fake woman.:cool:

Considering she wanted to execute Dandelion for putting his sausage in someone else's pussy, yeah you can call her a bruxa.

Starwars

Arcane
I love the colors, especially in that city shot with the houses. The only thing I don't really like is the sky and background, like in the last screenshot. The mountains and sky just don't look right to me.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Both Witcher 2 and 3 had terrible, campy, disneyland colors. Nothing new under the nuclear Velen sun.
I didn't play Witcha 3, but indeed Witcha 2 was way too colorful and lost a lot of atmosphere because of that when compared to the first sinister-looking Witcha.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Both Witcher 2 and 3 had terrible, campy, disneyland colors. Nothing new under the nuclear Velen sun.
I didn't play Witcha 3, but indeed Witcha 2 was way too colorful and lost a lot of atmosphere because of that when compared to the first sinister-looking Witcha.

Konjad

Patron

Tytus

Arcane

Dlaczego towarzysz Konjad nie spełnił swojego świętego obywatelskiego obowiązku?

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Konjad didn't play Witcha 3, but indeed Witcha 2 was way too colorful and lost a lot of atmosphere because of that when compared to the first sinister-looking Witcha.

Tytus

Arcane
Konjad didn't play Witcha 3, but indeed Witcha 2 was way too colorful and lost a lot of atmosphere because of that when compared to the first sinister-looking Witcha.

He needs to post it 4 more times so I can trully aprreciate his messege.

Konjad

Patron

Dlaczego towarzysz Konjad nie spełnił swojego świętego obywatelskiego obowiązku?
Spełni w lecie, gdy zakupi lepszą kartę graficzną :M

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
As someone who was 'so-so' on Witcher 2 is Witcher 3 worth getting?

If you can stomach shit combat and walking through grand open spaces of nothing for semi-decent quests.

Although blood and wine makes further changes to combat and mutagens + better ui, might bake it better.

Gord

Arcane
The 1.21 patch is also available for direct download on gog now, 2.1 GB.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom