Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you weren't a noob, you'd know that Metro is a crank not worth responding to :M

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Anyway, since basic syntax eludes our newfag friend here: proof of how they're full of shit. It's pretty easy to follow from my sentence structure. CD Projekt has always hyped/marketed themselves as being the 'kewl developers' who don't do shit like paid DLC and season passes. Until... they do.

Not that it matters because I'm sure 3 will be as bad as 2.

Oh wow, just checked, every one of this guy's posts has been on Witcher 3. Registered at the 'dex just to orally service it, did we?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Who cares about paid DLC or not. The real issue still stands that Witcher 3 has horrible fucking combat for what is trying to be an Action RPG. Third game in and they still refuse to make anything that doesn't suck ass.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Anyway, since basic syntax eludes our newfag friend here: proof of how they're full of shit. It's pretty easy to follow from my sentence structure. CD Projekt has always hyped/marketed themselves as being the 'kewl developers' who don't do shit like paid DLC and season passes. Until... they do.

Not that it matters because I'm sure 3 will be as bad as 2.

Oh wow, just checked, every one of this guy's posts has been on Witcher 3. Registered at the 'dex just to orally service it, did we?

Yeah, maybe I'm a newfag here, but I am able to reading comprehension, and what devs said about DLCs was referring to the "stupid" DLCs (something about EA, Activision or Bioware's DLC) and not about expansions.
And, you know, doing an expansion has its costs.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
http://af.gog.com/news/witcher_expansion?as=1649904300

Two full-blown expansions for the epic RPG.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is almost here. That means the game is pretty much finished, and the devs are about to take a deep breath while CD-presses and hype machines slowly wind up to take things through the home stretch. It's not gold yet, but now that development is coming to an end, the CD PROJEKT RED team is ready to start their work on two new, ambitious monster-hunting expansions.

The expansions will be called Hearts of Stone, and Blood and Wine. Combined, they'll offer over 30 hours of new adventures for Geralt, and the latter introduces a whole new major area to roam. More items, gear, and characters (including a few familiar faces) will all be crafted with the same attention to detail as the game itself.

Hearts of Stone is a 10-hour adventure across the wilds of No Man's Land and the nooks of Oxenfurt. The secretive Man of Glass has a contract for you - you'll need all your smarts and cunning to untangle a thick web of deceit, investigate the mystery, and emerge in one piece.

Blood and Wine is the big one, introducing an all-new, playable in-game region to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. It will take you about 20 hours to discover all of Toussaint, a land of wine, untainted by war. And to uncover the dark, bloody secret behind an atmosphere of carefree indulgence.

There used to be a time when buying an add-on disk or expansion for your game really meant something. That's what CD PROJEKT RED are going for, it's about bringing that old feeling back. You can take it from our very own iWi, (that's Marcin Iwinski, co-founder of CD PROJEKT RED):

"We’ve said in the past that if we ever decide to release paid content, it will be vast in size and represent real value for the money. Both of our expansions offer more hours of gameplay than quite a few standalone games out there.”

Hearts of Stone is expected to premiere this October, while Blood and Wine is slated for release in the first quarter of 2016, so there's still plenty of time ahead. We're offering you the Expansion Pass now - it's a chance to pre-order the two expansions and even show your support for the devs. But we can't stress Marcin Iwinski's words enough:

“Don’t buy it if you have any doubts. Wait for reviews or play The Witcher and see if you like it first. As always, it’s your call."

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is just over a month away, and you can pre-order the game right now - it's a particularly great deal if you own the previous Witcher games and take advantage of the additional fan discount (both The Witcher and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings are 80% off right now!). You can also take a rather unique refresher course on the universe with The Witcher Adventure Game at a 40% discount, all until Thursday, 4:59 PM GMT.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Who cares about paid DLC or not. The real issue still stands that Witcher 3 has horrible fucking combat for what is trying to be an Action RPG. Third game in and they still refuse to make anything that doesn't suck ass.
But what about the mature storylines?!?!? Of course, you're right. First thing an action rpg needs to have is good combat and they've failed to deliver on that multiple times.

... and what devs said about DLCs was referring to the "stupid" DLCs (something about EA, Activision or Bioware's DLC) and not about expansions.
And, you know, doing an expansion has its costs.
Like a member of the clergy trying to interpret the Bible. Adorable. Never mind that it's Day 1... well... Day -100 or whenever this turd is going to be released DLC.

His Majesty

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
CD Projekt has always hyped/marketed themselves as being the 'kewl developers' who don't do shit like paid DLC and season passes. Until... they do.
Just gonna leave this here.

W6MAzDd.png

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
First thing an action rpg needs to have is good combat and they've failed to deliver on that multiple times.

No. An RPG is based on quest design, dialogues tree and C&C system.
The combat system comes after.

The Anti-Santa

Learned
The 16 Free pieces of DLC was just a marketing gimmick to keep Witcher 3 in the news and keep the fans happy. They had every intention of doing the expansions and this announcement is just another bump for the game in the news cycle.
There's no point offering the free DLC at all and the content should either be in the main game or in the expansions.

CDPR should stop making promises.

I expect plenty of butt-hurt on release day.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
The 16 Free pieces of DLC was just a marketing gimmick to keep Witcher 3 in the news and keep the fans happy. They had every intention of doing the expansions and this announcement is just another bump for the game in the news cycle.
There's no point offering the free DLC at all and the content should either be in the main game or in the expansions.

CDPR should stop making promises.

I expect plenty of butt-hurt on release day.

“We remember the time when add-on disks truly expanded games by delivering meaningful content. As gamers, we’d like to bring that back. We’ve said in the past that if we ever decide to release paid content, it will be vast in size and represent real value for the money."

Just for saying.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
No. An RPG is based on quest design, dialogues tree and C&C system.
It's too bad Tit Witcher is not a crpg but an arpg. Also too bad the quest design, C&C, and dialogue was mediocre to poor in the first two games.

Someone get this guy an advertising plant tag.

Sothpaw

Learned
I actually kinda liked the story of the first two Witcher games. Especially shitting all over that terrorist fuck Iorveth in TW2. But there is so much mindless combat in both games and I can't imagine TW3 will be any better. Basically DAI with much better characters and no SJW shoved up your ass every 3 seconds.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I've been looking forward to Twitcher 3, but haven't been reading the megathread. What's with all the hate?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom