Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher The Witcher - A New Saga Begins

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Is it going to be an RPG? Or will it go the way of Cyberpunk, aka shitty action game.
How fabulously optimistic would the reality have to be where they fix the big faults of Witcher 3 like itemisation and character progression, and make an actually good game?

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Yeah PrK is right, as im replaying Witcher 3 now , itemisation and few other mechanics are very far from being okay. Also there is not enough pure crpg elements in this game. So i bet Witcher 4 will be pure action game set in open world , more like RDR2 than classic crpg in third or first person.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Which have better chance to receive modding tools then - Twitch3 or next game?
Does UE4 or 5 gets any moddability in their games? are there any gamez?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Which have better chance to receive modding tools then - Twitch3 or next game?
Does UE4 or 5 gets any moddability in their games? are there any gamez?
There's a few UE4 games on EGS with modding support. I think basically they distribute the engine + game code already compiled, and you open it as a UE4 project. You can mod the files, as long as the engine can modify them. So if they use external tools to make dialogues and quests, you won't be able to modify it that way. But if they build everything in-engine, then you'll be able to change everything in the game. So it all depends.
Also, I don't think you can combine mods. So it's only good for total overhauls.

But I don't think they'll ditch their studio tools, so you'll only be able to make "Yen and Triss Curvier Nude Body" mods.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
In the end, they didn't have what it takes to make modern engines, the cyberpunk fiasco being the ultimate proof. So UE5 looks like a logical choice.

Yeah it looks like they needed a fresh start after Cyberpunk, but again they started talking about a game many years before the release, same mistake. Or maybe they need kickstarter for their new game :).
One way or another it will be long road to the final. We will see this game around 2028 or never if war happens.
In my current replay run of W3 , i think each minute how great it will be if designed like proper crpg not a action game.
I mean who fucking need Geralt , we should be able to create free character.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I've reached the stage where, for various reasons, I'm actually hoping that these fuckers fall flat on their face and disappear from the face of the earth, and I'm normally not spiteful enough to express such sentiments. I'd rather even give my money to Bethesda than CDP.

Yeah CdprRed are fucking amateurs when compared to legends like Bethesda.

For me and i like it very much in Bethesda way of creating crpgs is continuation culture and company building with each title, CDPRed is like quick cashgrab jump with each title with new band each time.

Show me for fuck sake same legendary names like in Bethesda.
When im looking at Beth im looking on one company till times of Arena, Daggerfall and Morrowind im looking at born and prosperity of Howard genius and his team .

We can release books like encyclopedia Tamerielica for their games and sink in milions of mods since Morrowind. And it's same company more or less, now look at CDPRed , and tell me how many talented devs are loving this boat still from few years after Witcher 3. They are long gone in majority...

Last edited:

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Are you all ready for:

- masculine/feminine sliders? - after all we all know how tolerant fantasy medieval Poland was towards troons
- swarthy, dark, smelly New Poles greeting you at every corner?
- stronk womyn that need no man and constantly belittle the (white) men around them for existing?
- shit itemization that will make Destiny 2 look like a masterpiece in this regard?
- an open-world that will make you wish for the variety and quality of the average Ubisoft title?
- writing and quest design that will make you wish for Dragon Age: Inquisition?
- a hype campaign that will prompt the Ukrainians/Russians to hire the CDPR PR department to shill for their side of the war?

All that and more can be expected from CDPR, the award-winning Polish developer of open-world action games. Pay $60 to access the early beta release that is expected to last for 4 years after launch.

People that bought Cyberpunk 2077 can go fuck themselves, we've dropped that game like a smelly turd, lol

- t. CDPR project director

I've reached the stage where, for various reasons, I'm actually hoping that these fuckers fall flat on their face and disappear from the face of the earth, and I'm normally not spiteful enough to express such sentiments. I'd rather even give my money to Bethesda than CDP.

Bethsoft at least are still trying to make games as opposed to glorified Cutscene Simulators™. (How this is perceived as "next-generation design" again that players can't move three feet without triggering another cutscene thirty years after all that semi-interactive movie hype is one of the biggest secrets of this industry).

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

Do you wanna tank your country's economy Rat?

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Looks like a Cat medallion so I’m guessing we’re going to get to customize our own Witcher
The School of the Cat was the fake witcher school, right? Some non-official non-witchers took over a witcher castle and started larping?
Seems like a customizable character to me. The fact that you can't make your own main character was brought up a lot during the Dragon Age vs Witcher fan wars back when, and I think CDPR actually did get a bit butthurt about it.
This might also mean that the game has some multiplayer component, or is more open and customizable in general. Previous Witcher games were like a TV show where you follow Geralt, and especially TW3 was very cinematic, so there isn't much modding you can do even if the tools were there.
the tools weren't there
But perhaps this will be more like Neverwinter Nights or Elder Scrolls and we can get some us some custom adventures. TW1 had them.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Man, now we know why Cyberbug was that fiasco, the covid thing was a bullshit excuse, those clowns cant into engine programming since the beginning.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Man, now we know why Cyberbug was that fiasco
Consoles? It was regularly buggy on PC, and legendarily buggy only on consoles. Like 90% of the funny clips are from consoles.
It did run like shit on PC too, however, and the fact that the player model wasn't animated meant shadows sucked, reflections sucked, and your weapon came out at weird angles. They really should've had it 1st-3rd person, change between them. I guess they cut the player model due to console hardware limitations?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom