Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher: Enhanced Edition²

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Re: Copy-pasting Witcher fanboi quotes back at them since No

RainSong said:
DarkUnderlord said:
That's the point isn't it? If Bethesda were announcing fan-made content as part of a patch, we'd chew them out for it. (...ble ble ble some bullcrap...)
Oh so now they are announcing and not hyping their new path? Well I think there is nothing wrong in informing people about new path.
Observe how the fanboi has to ignore the points that were raised and instead focusses on the one leg he has left to stand on after all his other arguments have been decimated. You can spot a fanboi easily because they don't post often and when they do, it's always in threads about their favourite game.

Last posts made by RainSong:
  • The Witcher: Enhanced Edition²: 7 posts; June 6, 2009
  • 15 posts between Dec 2008 and Jun 2009, no more than two per month
  • CDP still rocks / TW2 incoming: 8 posts; Dec 21, 2008
  • CD Projekt RED wishes you...: 7 posts; Dec 20, 2008
  • PC users won't be getting Witcher DLC; 10 posts; Dec 13, 2008
What do you do, camp the forums until somebody raises The Witcher so you can run to its defense the first chance you get?

... and you reckon I'm obsessed? Who's the one with 40 of their last 50 posts only occuring in Witcher topics?

This is like the ESF-tard invasion when the Codex dared to point out all the flaws in Oblivion.

Licaon_Kter

Augur
Re: Copy-pasting Witcher fanboi quotes back at them since No

DarkUnderlord said:
Licaon_Kter said:
which translates to: ATARI said i should reinstall Windows, as in not CDP
Licaon_Kter said:
look closer i'm the tech guy there [...] I did recommend a Windows install ...
So are you ATARI are you?
mea culpa you got me man...but no, i'm not ATARI

DarkUnderlord said:
So how come every other thread gets filled with fanboi's denying any and all problems that exist with The Witcher?
everyone can talk shit here, by themselves, afaik there is no CDPFanboi command center
i'm guessing that hard critics about the games faults will attract hard replys from players which are named fanboiz

grrrreat man, you show the game faults and you are named a troll, they try to defend the games good parts and they are named fanboiz, yay for the Codex :D

about the game bugs, no one said TW has no bugs, there is no software yet written without bugs, and since you looked at FO2 rather hard and deep you got that in your mind ( 12 years after we have new patches for FO1/FO2 )

DarkUnderlord said:
Have Bethesda made anyone re-install windows for anything? And then been praised for their "bug-free", "mostly playable out of the box" game with hyped patches that "make the best better" and that you "don't have to install if you don't want to!"?
i've stopped tracking Beths things back in 2006 so i can't tell you that, but geeeeez why aren't you calling patch FO3 1.5 hyped? or broken? why isn't that news on the front page of the prestigious Codex Magazine?

and that is what i don't understand in the first place, why is this news here? why did Monolith ( a polish guy, BTW ) put this on the front page?

DarkUnderlord said:
I had the game-breaking crash at a certain point in the game (can't remember but it was a particular point where the game just wouldn't get passed and constantly CTD'd) that I checked the forums for. Turns out a few other people had it and there was no solution other than reload an older save, replay a bunch of the game and hope that worked.
but maybe we could of traced this error somehow, leaving it like "others have it too so it's not a hardware + software combination thing" did not helped you
hey, and you could of had a good quote now where i would say to you that you need to reinstall Windows, right ? :D

DarkUnderlord said:
And what, I'm supposed to blame Atari for making CD Projekt code all these bugs into their game?
no such thing, just think that every patch is dev time spend on anything else but the *great next projekt* that brings them money, and the corporate publishers that should provide the tech support for the game care freaking less about it ( just compare the official forum with the *unofficial* forum )
so it's up to dudes like me to read error logs at 3 AM and to recommend DirectX or Windows reinstalls

RainSong

Scholar
aboyd said:
Wow... I think DU just kicked RainSong's ass.

nah, he didn't.

I post rarely cause.

I post in this threads cause I have fun opposing DU not because I fail my saving throws, in one of my earlier posts I blatantly stated that - if you have no life you can check it out.

also

DarkUnderlord said:
Observe how the fanboi has to ignore the points that were raised and instead focusses on the one leg he has left to stand on after all his other arguments have been decimated.

what arguments? I didn't took part in the discussion before... The only thing I did was taking from you the only thing all of your arguments were standing on - hype. Since there is no hype all of your arguments are worth nothing so trying to counter argument them is waste of time.

You can spot a fanboi easily because they don't post often and when they do, it's always in threads about their favourite game.

Observe how the troll ignore the only argument I did rise and instead focusse on trying to change the subject.

aboyd

Liturgist
RainSong said:
aboyd said:
Wow... I think DU just kicked RainSong's ass.
nah, he didn't.
Ah, OK. Let me restate my post: I am viewing this thread as your ass-kicking, whether that works for you or not. :)

RainSong

Scholar
This thread or post? cause I'm taking 'part' in this thread only from page 5... but whatever, he can also make arguments that I'm from Poland, that I'm a Christian and few others and "kick my ass" with them. It's relevant to everything.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
RainSong said:
DarkUnderlord said:
Observe how the fanboi has to ignore the points that were raised and instead focusses on the one leg he has left to stand on after all his other arguments have been decimated.
what arguments? I didn't took part in the discussion before... The only thing I did was taking from you the only thing all of your arguments were standing on - hype.
Quote a single post of mine in this thread where I use the word "hype". It shouldn't be hard, I've only made three posts in this entire six page thread. I think this is my fourth.

Note how I actually focus on:
  • The "Free content" consisting entirely of already freely available fan-made modules. We'd tear Bethesda a new one if they claimed fan-made modules as their "new content".
  • That the game has bugs despite several fanbois insisting otherwise. A lot of people complain about Bethesda's lousy patches not fixing bugs.
  • That the only option to attempt to fix some of those bugs was to reinstall windows. Shit would hit the fan if that was an option for a Bethesda bug.
  • That the patch so far doesn't appear to address said bugs. See Bethesda.
This is the problem with trolling fanbois. They stick their fingers in their ears and ignore what's actually being said.

RainSong said:
DarkUnderlord said:
You can spot a fanboi easily because they don't post often and when they do, it's always in threads about their favourite game.
Observe how the troll ignore the only argument I did rise and instead focusse on trying to change the subject.
The only arguments you raised was that I said the word "announce" instead of "hype" as if that had anything to do with my earlier points, then said I was trolling. You'd note I addressed both of your points here.

Licaon_Kter said:
DarkUnderlord said:
So how come every other thread gets filled with fanboi's denying any and all problems that exist with The Witcher?
about the game bugs, no one said TW has no bugs
Are we posting in the same thread?

[url=http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=791984#791984:wriqjto0]Monolith[/url] said:
Wut!? It was mostly playable out of the box and absolutely playable after the first patch. In actual fact, I still have to encounter one single bug
[url=http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=792013#792013:wriqjto0]Monolith[/url] said:
Didn't encounter any CTDs and loading times were about acceptable for me, only problem I had was a slowdown in chapter 3. None of what you mentioned can be considered "bugs" though.
[url=http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=792218#792218:wriqjto0]Gerrard[/url] said:
MetalCraze said:
constant memory leaks and CTDs
Now you're just pulling shit out of your ass.
:decline:
[url=http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=792307#792307:wriqjto0]Tolknaz[/url] said:
As far as technical aspects go, skyway and co are just trolling. On basically three different configurations the witcher has had a grand total of 0 ctd-s for me. The load times were a slight problem before patches, but have since been taken care of. Overall the performance and stability is certainly above average for a modern game. I'm not saying, the game has no problems whatsoever, but technical fuckups are truly the lesser evil here.
[url=http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=793969#793969:wriqjto0]FeelTheRads[/url] said:
Also, as other people already here stated, The Witcher was completable at version 1.0. So, I guess that makes you a liar again?
[url=http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=794160#794160:wriqjto0]Licaon_Kter[/url] said:
Suicidal said:
I tried registering the game multiple times but it didn't work due to some browser error with cookies. I asked for advice on forums but nothing they said worked, then I e-mailed the tech support and they said that it's a known error and that if nothing worked then the only way to fix it is to reinstall windows.
which translates to: ATARI said i should reinstall Windows, as in not CDP, as CDP does not handle registration issues besides what is mentioned in the FAQ, and does not reply by email ( or if you have proof of that do show us )
Anybody who experiences any serious bugs (like the memory leaks and CTD's) is a troll, pulling shit of their ass or these are not "serious technical issues" (I guess a CTD is only considered a minor annoyance these days or something) because the game is "mostly playable" or "completable" at version 1.0 oh and nobody ever recommended re-installing windows and if they did it was the EVIL ATARI EMPIRE and CD Projekt should be absolved of all blame.

Comparitively, Bethesda's games are "incredibly buggy", Bethesda forgot about patching them (despite Bethesda issuing several patches, with CTD's being addressed in their very first patch) and Bethesda suck a lot of ass for not fixing them yet.

Licaon_Kter said:
there is no software yet written without bugs
Hey, tell that to The Witcher fanbois who think that anyone who found bugs in The Witcher is a lying troll.

Licaon_Kter said:
DarkUnderlord said:
Have Bethesda made anyone re-install windows for anything? And then been praised for their "bug-free", "mostly playable out of the box" game with hyped patches that "make the best better" and that you "don't have to install if you don't want to!"?
i've stopped tracking Beths things back in 2006 so i can't tell you that, but geeeeez why aren't you calling patch FO3 1.5 hyped?
I complained about the hype over the Enhanced Edition. On that point, did Bethesda call any of their patches not a patch and instead a fancy name like say, the "Super Awesome Edition"? Did they release a video saying how "The Most Awesome Game Becomes More Awesome Still"? To focus on just this patch, did they add freely available fan-made modules into their latest patch and make a press release about it? Do Bethesda constantly remind you that their patches can be downloaded for free like it's something special they've gone out of their way to do?

Licaon_Kter said:
and that is what i don't understand in the first place, why is this news here? why did Monolith ( a polish guy, BTW ) put this on the front page?
It was sitting in the Contact Us forum. I happily ignored it because I knew what me posting it would do. I prefer Witcher threads these days to get to about 4 pages before I jump in, if at all. It gives the masses a chance to whinge before I come in, attracting RainSong and company and pushing the thread out another 4 pages.

Licaon_Kter said:
DarkUnderlord said:
I had the game-breaking crash at a certain point in the game (can't remember but it was a particular point where the game just wouldn't get passed and constantly CTD'd) that I checked the forums for. Turns out a few other people had it and there was no solution other than reload an older save, replay a bunch of the game and hope that worked.
but maybe we could of traced this error somehow, leaving it like "others have it too so it's not a hardware + software combination thing" did not helped you
hey, and you could of had a good quote now where i would say to you that you need to reinstall Windows, right ? :D
While I agree the lulz value of that would've been most awesome, a check of the bugs I ran into found several others with a similar issue and the statement that this was not yet resolved. That was after looking at some threads where people did post the whole log analysis thing. I don't believe me posting the same thing would've changed anything. Especially considering the focus of the latest patch appears to be on removing the DRM rather than fixing the actual bugs. Unless they're holding those details back because they'd prefer to make another patch announcement later.

Licaon_Kter said:
DarkUnderlord said:
And what, I'm supposed to blame Atari for making CD Projekt code all these bugs into their game?
no such thing, just think that every patch is dev time spend on anything else but the *great next projekt* that brings them money, and the corporate publishers that should provide the tech support for the game care freaking less about it ( just compare the official forum with the *unofficial* forum )
so it's up to dudes like me to read error logs at 3 AM and to recommend DirectX or Windows reinstalls
Bethesda have their own similar "unofficial" tech support forums for Fallout 3, along with the official e-mail. More to the point, if Fallout 3 crashed all the time or a solution with getting the thing to work involved re-installing windows, would we blame anyone other than the developers at Bethesda?

Ausir

Arcane
The "Free content" consisting entirely of already freely available fan-made modules. We'd tear Bethesda a new one if they claimed fan-made modules as their "new content".

Wrong. Aside from all the free content they already included in the EE, it also includes e.g. the artbook and bestiary, which before that were available only with the collector's edition in some countries.

That the game has bugs despite several fanbois insisting otherwise. A lot of people complain about Bethesda's lousy patches not fixing bugs.

Sure, The Witcher has bugs, just like every game, even after patching. However, unlike CDP, Bethesda reaches a new low, because FO3 actually has patches that fix *no* bugs and introduce new ones. Therefore comparing FO3 positively with TW in that regard is retarded.

Have any Witcher players actually needed to *downgrade* from the latest patch to make their game work?

To focus on just this patch, did they add freely available fan-made modules into their latest patch and make a press release about it? Do Bethesda constantly remind you that their patches can be downloaded for free like it's something special they've gone out of their way to do?

The fan modules are just a small bonus for the new disc re-release of The Witcher, which is being released mostly because the EE is mostly sold out in Poland. And they're mostly a nod to the fans who won the contest. Same with the "free download" - they're not focusing on the patch nor the fan modules here, but on the other extra content, like the 2 extra modules the length of Beth's DLC, which, unlike Bethesda, they released for free.

Sure, the EE itself might have been overhyped, but this is just a newspost about a reissue of the EE made because it's almost out of print in Poland, with a few small bonuses.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
because FO3 actually has patches that fix *no* bugs and introduce new ones. Therefore comparing FO3 positively with TW in that regard is retarded.

No way. CDP is still worse, because... because... well shit, because that's what DU and skyway say. Listen to them.

Licaon_Kter

Augur
DarkUnderlord said:
Licaon_Kter said:
there is no software yet written without bugs
Hey, tell that to The Witcher fanbois who think that anyone who found bugs in The Witcher is a lying troll.
i am telling them and i get trashed for doing that, either i try to help them or i direct them to ATARI

DarkUnderlord said:
Do Bethesda constantly remind you that their patches can be downloaded for free like it's something special they've gone out of their way to do?
imho, the free part is targeted at the original game owners from 2007, as the size and scope of the EE patch is way bigger anything others patch ( comparable with patch 1.7 for G3 or something ), the Director's cut thing is targeted at the US buyers that got less pr0n out of the game before... so that wraps up the hype

DarkUnderlord said:
I prefer Witcher threads these days to get to about 4 pages before I jump in, if at all. It gives the masses a chance to whinge before I come in, attracting RainSong and company and pushing the thread out another 4 pages.
you give them rope, i see

DarkUnderlord said:
While I agree the lulz value of that would've been most awesome, a check of the bugs I ran into found several others with a similar issue and the statement that this was not yet resolved.
which one?

DarkUnderlord said:
Especially considering the focus of the latest patch appears to be on removing the DRM rather than fixing the actual bugs. Unless they're holding those details back because they'd prefer to make another patch announcement later.
removing TAGES would fix the game for some anyway, but imho, there is no patch ( for later )
but hey, i wasn't expecting patch 1.5 so, who knows...!?

DarkUnderlord said:
More to the point, if Fallout 3 crashed all the time or a solution with getting the thing to work involved re-installing windows, would we blame anyone other than the developers at Bethesda?
regarding this and my previous "it works for me" quote, i was just saying that if it works for me then there is a way to make it work for you, and that i might help you

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Just read the original post, but this has to be a joke.
(Peanut Gallery, but there you go.)

skyway

Educated
Wow, puns and cultural refs. The lowest form of humor... and the fitting audience...

Gerrard

Arcane
Ausir said:
FO3 actually has patches that fix *no* bugs and introduce new ones.
You can actually find a fix by skullptura that fixes shit that should have been fixed by Bethestodd long ago, and still isn't.

How long until they just sell a CS and leave the game making to the community?

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Yeah, need to agree with Ausir. I am one of the victims who actually needed to "downgrade" FO3, because after patching I had a strange bug that all the stats of my characters from previous saves were reseted. No solution for that so far. So, basically I stood there screwed, because i wanted to try some of the DLC's but could not, unless I started the patched game from the beginning (fucking NEVER!!!).

As for The Witcher, I played the whole game patched to 1.2 (so before EE) and it was flawless experience. Maybe except some performance issues in Wyzima, but my setup was really crappy that time. Then still, setups differ one from another, so I can believe that some people like DU still have some issues. However, just look at the list of unadressed bugs for both games. The FO3 one is SOO HUGEEE it is almost frightening. So yeah, being positive about FO3 over TW in this respect is retarded.

Nevertheless, I still feel the bad taste that basically for 2 years, they haven't revealed any new project, trying to milk the rests from TW. i mean there is THEY, which was acquired from Metropolis studio and I think it will stink like pile of shit. Then, there was console TW which got cancelled. I mean WTF? Give us something new!!!

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
Gerrard said:
Ausir said:
FO3 actually has patches that fix *no* bugs and introduce new ones.
You can actually find a fix by skullptura that fixes shit that should have been fixed by Bethestodd long ago, and still isn't.

How long until they just sell a CS and leave the game making to the community?
Since 24th November 2008 - 05:29 PM, apparently.

Licaon_Kter

Augur
FCR - Full Combat Rebalance mod! ( includes the old Flash mod too )

New difficulty levels explained:
easy = medium
medium = hard
hard = very hard/insane

I can't say which mod is harder - FCR or Flash Mod. It's hard to compare difficulties because FCR is like another game, not The Witcher we know. FCR is aimed to be more realistic so you can kill humans with 2 hits but you can die as easy as them. Dexterity is most important. Enemy accuracy is set to vary between 15-35% depending on class type (weak, normal, elite, boss, elite boss). It's 15-35% with optimal character development when you first meet that particular enemy. Blizzard decrease enemy accuracy by another 10%, pain and bleeding by 5% each. You end up like a witcher in books - a duel master, unbeatable by humans in sword-fight but when you fight monsters or you are surrounded you can die easily and extremely fast. Even the best blade-masters die when back-stabbed. Only monsters and skilled humans will hit you in solo battle, but when attacked from the flank or from behind every opponent gets +50% bonus to accuracy. It's a sudden death. Mobility, blizzard, good use of signs is crucial. You will be rewarded by killing most enemies with 1 or 2 attacks. Fights are extremely fast and dynamic. Specialized sign user will deal extreme damage with Igni. 75 base damage + value depends on enemy max health and sign intensity, could be even >100 damage while the strongest non-boss humans have around 90 hp... Aard is very useful even without critical effects. By using aard you gain few seconds to attack. Enough for 1-2 attacks and that's all what's needed to kill with FCR mod.

Remember to read bestiary, recipes and tutorials. Only from there you can learn for example that you won't hit a specter without specter oil...

Oh, and check The Witcher folder. You'll find excel chart with detailed enemy parameters, weapons, armors and damage calculator.

Have fun.
Download: http://www.moddb.com/mods/full-combat-r ... /downloads

made

Arcane
Licaon_Kter said:
FCR - Full Combat Rebalance mod! ( includes the old Flash mod too )

New difficulty levels explained:
easy = medium
medium = hard
hard = very hard/insane

I can't say which mod is harder - FCR or Flash Mod. It's hard to compare difficulties because FCR is like another game, not The Witcher we know. FCR is aimed to be more realistic so you can kill humans with 2 hits but you can die as easy as them. Dexterity is most important. Enemy accuracy is set to vary between 15-35% depending on class type (weak, normal, elite, boss, elite boss). It's 15-35% with optimal character development when you first meet that particular enemy. Blizzard decrease enemy accuracy by another 10%, pain and bleeding by 5% each. You end up like a witcher in books - a duel master, unbeatable by humans in sword-fight but when you fight monsters or you are surrounded you can die easily and extremely fast. Even the best blade-masters die when back-stabbed. Only monsters and skilled humans will hit you in solo battle, but when attacked from the flank or from behind every opponent gets +50% bonus to accuracy. It's a sudden death. Mobility, blizzard, good use of signs is crucial. You will be rewarded by killing most enemies with 1 or 2 attacks. Fights are extremely fast and dynamic. Specialized sign user will deal extreme damage with Igni. 75 base damage + value depends on enemy max health and sign intensity, could be even >100 damage while the strongest non-boss humans have around 90 hp... Aard is very useful even without critical effects. By using aard you gain few seconds to attack. Enough for 1-2 attacks and that's all what's needed to kill with FCR mod.

Remember to read bestiary, recipes and tutorials. Only from there you can learn for example that you won't hit a specter without specter oil...

Oh, and check The Witcher folder. You'll find excel chart with detailed enemy parameters, weapons, armors and damage calculator.

Have fun.
Download: http://www.moddb.com/mods/full-combat-r ... /downloads

This doesn't really seem like an exciting way to make the combar harder. Fighting groups of enemies was already a pita in the early game due to constant stuns/knockdowns etc. What does the other combat mod do?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom