Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher: Tour of Vizima video

dragonfk

Erudite
Saxon1974 said:
DemonKing said:
I liked the little kid at the end aiming at the big squid with his little slingshot...how cute.

Looks ok, although I'm always pretty worried about the quality control of stuff developed in eastern europe!

I agree, it has not been the best in the past.

Also seems odd to me that the Dev's didnt think the halfling with the slingshot was kind of dumb, unless its intended as comedy.

If he aimed for the monsters eye(which i think he did) it surely wont be funny for that monster :P.

Data4

Arcane
Comedy. Listen to Geralt's build-up description of the guy's reputation. The way he describes him, you'd think it's some Medieval Guido style tough guy, but then you see this halfling and it's like "The hell...?"

-D4

Saxon1974

Prophet
Data4 said:
Comedy. Listen to Geralt's build-up description of the guy's reputation. The way he describes him, you'd think it's some Medieval Guido style tough guy, but then you see this halfling and it's like "The hell...?"

-D4

I realize it was supposed to be comedy, but the halfling guy looked way to much like a little kid. I didnt find the comedy to work well in the dark theme they were going for though. Nonetheless, this doesnt tell us anything about how the game will play or be.

Pegultagol

Erudite
I am impressed by the video, but I sense there are some awkwardness in diction. Maybe the setting is really a quasi-medieval type transplanted with unique modern mannerisms, but I felt it the most when he explained 'PFI' being 'poor fucking infantry'.

abstract

Scholar
Maybe the setting is really a quasi-medieval type transplanted with unique modern mannerisms

It is. The Witcher books read like modern noir fiction set in a medieval-fantasy world. Sometimes it works very well, sometimes not at all.
Oh, and the PFI bit will probably confuse people who haven't read the books.

Severian Silk

Does PFI stand for the same thing in Polish? Does the Polish alphabet have a P, F and I? I have to agree that it kind of broke immersion.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
abstract said:
It is. The Witcher books read like modern noir fiction set in a medieval-fantasy world.

That's idiotic, and it sounds pretty bad in the game.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
dragonfk said:
You wanted some example of side questing? Here it is for your pleasure:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FGJkChDqv9M&mode

1) That's the same stuff you can find on WoW, why even bother showing it?

2) Any particular reason why the interface is so over-bearing? Does the inventory window really require to cover half the screen?

Graphics looks great (though the presence of bloom brings it a down a notch), and that's all those videos have been able to convey.

Chefe

Erudite
That looks awesome. Good animations are unfortunately overlooked too often today.

Witcher FTW

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Lyric Suite said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT7B4RhG_Bw&mode=related&search=

The fuck? Is Uwe Boll involved in this?

Oh, this is painful. Although I'm a witcher-worshipper I gave up after first 10 minutes of this crap. It's like "PS:T: The Movie" made by Uwe Boll (but with a lower budget).

dragonfk

Erudite
Lyric Suite said:
why even bother showing it?

Because it IS an example of side quest? You know I rather like them to show that kind of quest than some really fun quest, at least they wont spoil it for me.

Texas Red

Whiner
How did the Polish noobs manage to create such "next gen" graphics from the Aurora engine while with Obisidian and NWN 2 they are slightly dated?

aries202

Erudite
I took one lokk at the Vizima video and I have to admit, too.

I'm sold :D

The game's settings are some of the most unique, and innovative in the truest sense of these words I have seen in crpg department for many years. The marsh scene is brilliant and the end scene in the Vizima video is emotionally moving and such.

I'm sort of sad :( though that Geralt only will be making these comments for the Vizima video. It would be nice to hear his thoughts about other cities as well :)

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Not impressed. I'm about 85 percent convinced the game won't actually behave like in that show-off video. I'll wait for a proper video instead of an obviously directed ad.

Edit: But yes, the style is good and if the high amouny of detail holds onto itself for the whole game it'll be pretty awesome. But whatevah.

Edit2: Fuck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom