Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry The Wizardry Series Thread

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I didn't see an english patch for GBA summoner (doesn't need one?). PS2 version I expected to not have one. Guess I'll find out when i boot them up.

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
Problem is some monsters (like ghosts) are immune to magic. Don’t know if all caster crew can manage in 7. Can priests use shields in 7?

1. I used Dispel Undead against ghosts/undead.
2. Maiden head mace+Golden rod for priests, Cat o'nine tails for mages, they were competent fighters
3. You can summon monsters for raw damage

I have not used shields in W6 for priests, (and in W7 so far)

In Wiz7 I cannot dispel ghosts? (??? wtf)
These ghosts are super annoying, my weapons are very little effective, so I slowly grind down ghosts, but in the end they vanish. So no XP. Only wasting my time.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
What is the "best loot"? Dagger of Evil (I think it was called), which can an Evil character into instant Ninja? Or the Cuisinart sword?

gman42

Scholar
What is the "best loot"? Dagger of Evil (I think it was called), which can an Evil character into instant Ninja? Or the Cuisinart sword?

Thieves Dagger, I believe. That, plus the crown jewels of the Wiz I specialized loot would be Muramasa Blade, Lords' Garb, and the Shuriken, obviously YMMV as to whether you have characters that can actually use 'em.

Arthandas

Prophet
What happens if Werdna wipes me on floor 10? Is it possible to recover the party without fighting him?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Werdna's TILTOWAIT resulted in my only reloading when I played Wiz 1.
I mean, if you die at the stage, you may as well start with a new party anway.

gman42

Scholar
What happens if Werdna wipes me on floor 10? Is it possible to recover the party without fighting him?

In the version I played, it was possible to encounter "a friendly group of Werdna" (lol) and choose not to fight. So yeah from a purely technical standpoint it's possible, but of course you'd still have to build a party strong enough to fight through the rest of level 10 and then get lucky.

Arthandas

Prophet
In the version I played, it was possible to encounter "a friendly group of Werdna" (lol) and choose not to fight.
That's hilarious :)

I just got Muramasa so everything will be over in the first round.

4e664f90c9a269fcc8771530e0f72bb0.png

Arthandas

Prophet
- I killed the fucker
- there's no way out of the room
- I cast MALOR
- oh shit, I don't know my cords since DUMAPIC doesn't work
- I use x-0 y-0 cords to basically tep to my current location and not risk tepping into a wall
- ENCOUNTER! W*E*R*D*N*A
- curtain

I managed to win again by the skin of my teeth, almost everyone is dead and I have no idea how to return to castle...

EDIT: Lol, I forgot you can actually teleport to different floors

Last edited:

Lukifell

Educated
Problem is some monsters (like ghosts) are immune to magic. Don’t know if all caster crew can manage in 7. Can priests use shields in 7?

1. I used Dispel Undead against ghosts/undead.
2. Maiden head mace+Golden rod for priests, Cat o'nine tails for mages, they were competent fighters
3. You can summon monsters for raw damage

I have not used shields in W6 for priests, (and in W7 so far)

In Wiz7 I cannot dispel ghosts? (??? wtf)
These ghosts are super annoying, my weapons are very little effective, so I slowly grind down ghosts, but in the end they vanish. So no XP. Only wasting my time.

I don’t think you can dispel ghosts in Wiz7. The only spell like thing that might work on them is Holy Water.

Monsters like that, plus most mid and end game bosses, are going to be a real pain for an all caster party.

Lukifell

Educated
I didn't see an english patch for GBA summoner (doesn't need one?). PS2 version I expected to not have one. Guess I'll find out when i boot them up.

The Wizardry Summoner ROM I found was in Japanese, and I read online that there’s no English option.

So there’s no English patch at all huh? I’m guessing it must be completely unknown in the west then even amongst Wizardry fans?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Bah just GBC

ANOTHER LISTING

remember the ultima III mods like pix showed? I guess Wizardry had some mods too

1. Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord.
Release Date: 1981.
Platforms: APL2, C64, GBC, MSX, NES, PC, PS, SAT, SNES, TurboGrafx-16, WSC, X1, ZX.

1a. Wizardry: Blackstone.
Platforms: APL2 (fanmade Scenario).

1b. Wizardry: Atomic Wasteland 2098.

1c. Wizardry: The Garden of Weeping Snows.

1d. Wizardry: DragonQuest.

hmmmm.... wonder where those are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arthandas

Prophet
Holy fuck, Wiz 2 has the most bullshit piece so far.
Floor 3 spoiler:

Untitled.png

You see that gray square that looks totally like the fourth room in the area? Nope, rock wall. I generally never tep to out of bounds areas but this one looks so suspicious that I absolutely had to check it and permanently lose entire party along with their items in the process... This looks so fucking deliberate

that's a swastika, isn't it? Very appropriate...

Arthandas

Prophet
What happens in Wiz 1-3 if you equip an alignment mismatched weapon? I know it becomes cursed and you can't take it off but other than that, does it function properly?
I'm asking because I have a neutral ninja and I just found the shurikens which are evil.

Arthandas

Prophet
I've been using them for some time and I think they're gimped. He misses quite often and gets only 2-3 attacks most of the time. They also raise his AC by 1.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Attack some friendly monsters and the Ninja may turn evil...no wait...I think that only works for Good characters.

Arthandas

Prophet
Attack some friendly monsters and the Ninja may turn evil...no wait...I think that only works for Good characters.
Yeah, I don't think neutrals can change alignment in any way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom