Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry The Wizardry Series Thread

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The sad reality of the game industry.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
I haven't played the Wizardries, but let me get this right:

You can export characters from a game made more than a decade before this game? And the ending from the older game influences the events from this game?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yes. And Wizardry 8 was released about 10 years after Wiz7. So basically you can import your characters from a 10 year old game, and it affects the gameplay. Depending on what you did in the previous game. It's that awesome.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
You know, I've always used a large group overall. Valkyrie or Lord, with a Fighter, Monk, Psionic (almost always) priest, and maybe a gadgeteer or Bard. Overall, I've always liked the bigger parties but hated them at the same time. With bigger parties, there's less experience to be had, but it's always a bit more fun to sit around and watch the characters bullshit at each other on occasion.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
HINT HINT HINT
He played the game 8 times already.
HINT HINT HINT

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hey it was Sunday.

Too bad I can't play it; I can't play this game without a party from 7.

And I can't play 7 without a party from 6.

Who wants to be in my party?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Sure; I never had a Lord. You'll dual-wield Diamond Eyes in 8 and the **Light Sword** and The Avenger in 7, maybe.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Pussycat669 said:
Uh, pick me! Pick me! I wanna be a gnome ninja called Pusman. Pretty please?
Hrm. No.

You can be a Rogue in 6, a Ninja for a while in 7, and end up as a ranger who changes to Gadgeteer in 8.

Binary

Liturgist
Jasede said:
Hey it was Sunday.

Too bad I can't play it; I can't play this game without a party from 7.

And I can't play 7 without a party from 6.

Who wants to be in my party?

Can I be the Cleric --> Bishop? Or the Wizard?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Let's see

1. Jarl Frank, the Dwarven Fighter -> Lord
2. Jaesun, the Fairy Ninja
3. a) Pussy, the Elven Thief ->Ninja->Ranger
3. b) Kitty, the Felpurr Thief->Ninja->Ranger->Gadgeteer
4. Binary, the Human Cleric->Bishop

I'd like another spellcaster, a psionicist, alchemist or wizard in here, preferably one of the first two. A valkyrie or bard also wouldn't hurt, since I will play, for the first time, on Expert. This means that yes, we will fight -two- Dark Savants in Wizardry 7. And we will also kill all the Gorrors - Final Fantasy-style super-monsters; so that means grinding to level 70.

Binary

Liturgist
Pussy and Kitty?

Why not call them Ratty and Lumpy instead?

EDIT: And then Volly as the Valkyrie!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
That'll work. A party of five would be enough for me, but there's a spot open. I might even do some Let's Play if there's any sort of interest. 6-8, though. And it won't be finished in less than a year.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Huff, just great; the same party (almost) I played 6-8 the first time through.

All right, let me see.

Wizardry 6, the first game, will be like this - not that the -> indicates you multiclass to something else later.

1. Jarl, the Dwarven Fighter -> Lord
2. Lost, the Dwarven Fighter -> Monk
3. Jaesun, the Fairy Ninja
4. Pussycat, the Felpurr Thief
5. Binary, the Human Cleric->Bishop
6. Mystic, the Gnomish Psionicist

That's an excellently balanced party as far as I am concerned, and fairly well-prepared to deal with the dangers in Wizardry 7, though the beginning might be a bit slow. Especially since I never played expert. Now give me a week, because that's how long it takes to roll enough stats to make a Fairy Ninja in 6. I wish I were kidding.

If anyone wants a different races, here's the run-down:

Human - good at everything
Mook - furry, great Rangers, Psions, very good in 8
Felpurr - cat-furry, good Samurai
Rawulf - wolf-furry, good at not very much, decent Rogues, Ninjas
Fairy - excellent Ninjas, Wizards, Bishops, Alchemists, Psions, Priests in roughly that order but can't use equipment worth shit.
Hobbit - good Thieves
Dwarves - good Fighters, good Monks, excellent Monks in 8
Lizardman - lizard-scalie, great Fighters
Draconian - decent at many things, not as good as humans, but get Acid Breath that helps at low levels
Gnomes - good Priests and Gadgeteers and Alchemists
Elf - good Wizards, Alchemists, Rangers; SPECIAL: Elves can use the Elf Bow, the best ranged weapon in 6, 7 and 8. If an Elven Ranger uses it, he will instantly kill things pretty much left and right.

Class we don't have but I'd like, if any of you want to change:

Bard - without one we'll have no use for all the cool instruments we'll find. Also, having a Bard will make the beginning MUCH easier, especially since we play Expert. Consider becoming one, squad. The Bard is one of the most useful party-members. Also, I didn't have one in my last 6-8 playthrough and throwing all the awesome instruments away felt... bad.

That's all. I'll start rolling tomorrow. Dark Individual, would you mind multi-classing to a Bard later-on? Lost, you could also become the (Human) Bard. I feel a bit unsure about playing all the games on Expert without one.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Only if I get a Bard in there, and you have to be aware that Wizardry6-8 Let's Play will take about a -year-.

Texas Red

Whiner
I'm looking forward to your Let's Play but you took my suggestion wrongly. The point of "Mystico the Magnificent" is the cheesiness fit for a magician or a hypnotizes, a psionist.

I only played Wiz 8 and never bothered to pick it up again. I got tired of the level scaling and the constant fighting on every step. I think they could have had at least cities free of enemies. The dialog system and the personalities were enjoyable though. Also, call me a heretic but I think isometric somehow fits better and is more aesthetically pleasing.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Hey, I -made- you a Gnomish Psionicist; I was just saying it'd be nice if someone would switch his character to a Bard. But not Jaesun or Jarl; I definitely want a Fairy Ninja and a Lord this time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom