Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This is old and tired, we want a new one.

The current header is...?

• Perfect!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good for what it is.

• Much better than that shitty bird.

• Yeah that shitty bird sucked didn't it?

• Thank God that shitty bird is gone. That really sucked. Also it was shitty.

• I am very upset about Codex Democracy.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Droog White Smile said:
This one's better.
BirdDucklingBunnySuit.gif
Alright, changing my vote.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
Fens said:
birdofhope9withbuttons.gif

120 including buttons... font debatable

the die works better than the floppy... the floppy reminds me of abandonware sites

The bird definitely works better centered, but I'm not sure about the surrounding text. I think the background needs something, too, even if it's just a very slight vertical colour transition. It's just too much space for one single tone.

Begriffenfeldt

Educated
Meh. I say lose the bird and keep the die to the left of the text, like it is on the front page. Or as Fat Dragon suggested, the old logo with the new slogan.

(lulzy slogan: Putting the "roll" back in RPG.)

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
considering that rpgcodex is mostly about games like dragon age and fallout 3 (it's true, read what the majority of news topics are about) neither the floppy nor the die makes sense.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Bluebottle said:
Fens said:
birdofhope9withbuttons.gif

120 including buttons... font debatable

the die works better than the floppy... the floppy reminds me of abandonware sites

The bird definitely works better centered, but I'm not sure about the surrounding text. I think the background needs something, too, even if it's just a very slight vertical colour transition. It's just too much space for one single tone.

Begriffenfeldt

Educated
Jaime Lannister said:
considering that rpgcodex is mostly about games like dragon age and fallout 3 (it's true, read what the majority of news topics are about) neither the floppy nor the die makes sense.
Which is why the more abstract die thingy on the front page is better.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
Bluebottle said:
I think the background needs something, too, even if it's just a very slight vertical colour transition. It's just too much space for one single tone.

birdofhope9withbuttonsb.gif

there has to be some room for the gog blob too

Project: Eternity
birdofhope9dexlove.gif

Actually the lines from the flare make the pic slightly less bare looking, maybe use some variation of that for real? Fuck the hearts though, unless it's little penises.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Guys girls and trannies, the centered eagle wont work because in higher resolutions it wont be centered and it will look like shit.

I prefer this one :

Droog White Smile said:
bannertest2.png

My banner + Ghostdog's buttons.

And I can stomach this one, but the new wing needs better cropping and smoother edges.
Fens said:

Fens

Ford of the Llies
ghostdog said:
Guys girls and trannies, the centered eagle wont work because in higher resolutions it wont be centered and it will look like shit.

doesn't php bb allow for pic centering ?

ghostdog said:
And I can stomach this one, but the new wing needs better cropping and smoother edges.

birdcroppedshmoov.gif
?

spacemoose

Erudite
lefthandblack said:
My original design was much more angular, but it looked TOO Nazi, so I added the Top hat and monocle. Once those elements were added, the angular look didn't work at all.
can you post the angular one (with top hat or without) anyway if its in any kind of finished state. I don't mind if it doesn't get used as a logo - I want to carry it as a banner to the lands of the unwashed

Kthan75

Liturgist
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Sorry to come to the party late, but fuck, 18 pages in 3 days?

My 2 cents: what's the deal with the bird? What does it even mean? I like the previous iteration much better, with the DOS font and the big floppy disk.

"Doesn't scale to your level" is a great slogan though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom