Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This is old and tired, we want a new one.

The current header is...?

• Perfect!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good for what it is.

• Much better than that shitty bird.

• Yeah that shitty bird sucked didn't it?

• Thank God that shitty bird is gone. That really sucked. Also it was shitty.

• I am very upset about Codex Democracy.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Love the ironbird. It looks like the Reichsadler, yes, but we had an eagle before the Third Reich and we still have an eagle nowadays, so it's not totally Nazi. It looks awesome, though.

Also the d20 is better than the floppy.

EDIT:
The buttons on the ironbird banner suck, though.

dragonfk

Erudite
He obviously stated the intention behind the bird so your comment is invalid.

Tycn

Savant
I thought we wanted to attract semi-intelligent people, not more degenerates.

And it makes the Bethstapo/Watch jokes somewhat ironic.

FeelTheRads

Arcane

I didn't come up with the idea. I just made it look nice. Maybe that wasn't the idea, but that's how I saw it.

The buttons on the ironbird banner suck, though.

Haven't given them much thought. I believe they fit.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
ex2.png

I do like this a lot. It's been sufficiently de-Nazified IMO, but I agree that the text around the die should be swapped for something less pretentious and obscure.

Very clean, nicely done!

Edit: A humble suggestion: Maybe consider ghosting in a floppy diskette behind the "dex" in Codex? Gives the site logo more accurate visual description that way.

Melcar

Arcane
That iron eagle looks too shinny and fancy for The Codex. We're grim and dark, and definitely not fancy.

dragonfk

Erudite
lefthandblack said:
dragonfk said:

I also stated that the original design looked too Nazi for my taste, hence the top hat and monocle. I had just finished reading both cesspool threads and given that context I thought and still think it was appropriate humor. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Codex won't be invading Poland anytime soon.

Yeah, sorry but If I can tell the resemblance from the first sight it still isn't denazified enough for me. I can laugh about many things connected with Nazis, Jews, Poles but there are some boundaries that I would never cross. And frequenting a forum that has logo that was in some kind inspired by third reich one is just one of the things I don't find funny. Personal opinion.

dragonfk

Erudite
@Drog
Still trying to be with the cool kids? Sorry, they don't need your kind.

And at least I have a good reason to rage. Not some virtual bullshit.

Melcar

Arcane
I don't think the Nazis ever paid their trademark fees for the Iron Eagle, so fuck them. Still, that shinny eagle looks like shit and doesn't say "RPGCodex" in any way. Looks out of place. It's something I would expect to see on a flight simulator forum or a weird political discussion board.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
latin phrase is problematic, as there are also other types of games discussed here

The idea was that we don't take anything less than a true RPG (not that it's true with the current decline). It wasn't supposed to mean that only RPGs are discussed.

Also, I ain't doing any changes until DU makes a decision.

sah

Liturgist
I though the bird was supposed to be, like, ironic and stuff? Some people should learn to take a joke.

racofer

Thread Incliner
I agree with dragonfk that this whole eagle thing doesn't fit too, although not for the same reasons.

Actually, this whole thing has gone too far already. The forum is screwed up (visually) for over a week already, and all attempts at innovashun have failed considerably. Go back to the old layout, and if anything, just make the buttons more readable, that was the only annoyance we had.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
you could use a griffin instead of an eagle... standing on four legs it's small enough for 120 px with enough detail (even with wings), the tail can cover all the empty space, it's partially bird, it's mythical, it's potentially badass and nobody cares about venice's ugly history *shrug*

The latest version is too shiny, which detracts from the whole top hat/monocle theme. I'd say bring back the suit jacket, that way it's more Codex and less Panzer General.

MisterStone

Arcane
Well, if it does conjure up Nazi symbolism in the minds of more than half the viewers, ironic or not, I say it needs to be "de-nazified" a bit. This Nazi shit is getting old and I don't want to encourage people to associate the Codex with it, regardless of whether it is mentioned facetiously or not.

MisterStone

Arcane
Yep, you're going to have to leave us now and start your own RPG site. Festoon it with nazi symbolism and tongue-and-cheek references to child rape. That will show us!

MisterStone said:
Yep, you're going to have to leave us now and start your own RPG site. Festoon it with nazi symbolism and tongue-and-cheek references to child rape. That will show us!
Nah.

So far it's only you and the Polish faggot.

dragonfk

Erudite
Droog White Smile said:
MisterStone said:
Nah.

So far it's only you and the Polish faggot.

Lost cause.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom