Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This is old and tired, we want a new one.

The current header is...?

• Perfect!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good for what it is.

• Much better than that shitty bird.

• Yeah that shitty bird sucked didn't it?

• Thank God that shitty bird is gone. That really sucked. Also it was shitty.

• I am very upset about Codex Democracy.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Currently it's way too big. Also, new buttons look asstastic. Old buttons look much better. Ideally should change as little as possible. This is along the lines of what I would personally like to see:

Banner image:
2i1o848.jpg

Background
Preview <-- see what site would look like with this banner
Edit: Preview 2 <-- eagle perched on bar, no die or circle

Thoughts: Eagle is probably too small. Considering ditching circle + die and have the eagle perching on the blue bar. Will experiment later. Text probably needs work, but don't feel like messing with it right now.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Excuse me, but how is an iron eagle in A TOP HAT serious nazi imagery?

But the previous eagle is still better. More pretentious.

Nice. I like the current banner/buttons combo.

But how about you replace the pretentious Latin phrase with something like "RPG uber Alles"?

Pliskin

Arbiter
Marquess Cornwallis said:
The latest version is too shiny, which detracts from the whole top hat/monocle theme. I'd say bring back the suit jacket, that way it's more Codex and less Panzer General.

Since when did this become the Reichs Kodex?

And the lettering around the die? That's Latin, is it? Since the upper portion is somewhat obscured, I thought it was German...

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah, it's because the bird is just an image overlay at the moment. Still deciding between that one and the more prestigious, less iron Nazi, one.

I'll have to break it up and edit the content and news buttons to put it in right and make 'em clickable.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
Pliskin said:
And the lettering around the die? That's Latin, is it? Since the upper portion is somewhat obscured, I thought it was German...

ya... "aut RPG aut nihil" - "either RPG or nothing" ... which i still think is bollocks

Chateaubryan

Cipher
If the purpose of this new logo is to make every Third Reich fanboy feel at home on the Codex, then I guess it's a good one. Codexers with a sense of humor will probably lulz one week or two, troll those who are uncomfortable with the nazi symbolism, and finally get a little more used to the idea that the Codex is not so much a place for nuanced discussions about RPG then a place for extremist rants.

Serious_Business said:
Wtf is this shit. This is what the Codex is all about, get a grip. This is like some guy stepping in a gay bar and suddenly realising 3 hours too late that this is a gay bar.

Oh. I guess it has already happened.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Wow, the new bird looks crappy. No expression, the top hat doesn't fit and the monokel looks like :shock: . If you didn't know it's a monokel you'd never get it.
Pretentious eagle way better than faggy nazi-chicken with a black eye.

EDIT: Oh, and the font is crappy too, as is "RPGs or nothing".

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah can't say I'm entirely happy with iron bird. Fits really well with the buttons and the header but less Nazi-like pretentious bird is more fun and less Nazi-like.

prestigious_bird.png

Added poll.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
It's a good image and any Nazi connotations are in the mind of the viewer.
It looks awesome. The font sucks though. Also: doesn't

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom