Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This is old and tired, we want a new one.

The current header is...?

• Perfect!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good for what it is.

• Much better than that shitty bird.

• Yeah that shitty bird sucked didn't it?

• Thank God that shitty bird is gone. That really sucked. Also it was shitty.

• I am very upset about Codex Democracy.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

MetalCraze

Arcane
It looks good and any nazi connotations are in the mind of the viewer - which is the whole point!

In fact it looks more like a Holy Roman Empire eagle

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Well, it looks good with the layout but it also looks Nazi.

MetalCraze said:
It looks good and any nazi connotations are in the mind of the viewer - which is the whole point!

yeah, of course the same can be said about the swastika since it was originally a symbol from ancient india and greece.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
all the eagle shit is too big

but I like the current one

Andhaira

Arcane
I like prestegious bird better. Also, relootz is back to using the major boobage avatar? What happened boobage?

Helton

Arcane
This is perfect do not change.

edit: And consolation prize for other quote as a tool tip seriously this is perfect.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
"does not" should be "doesn't." It flows better.

No.

What the fuck is with this "should flow better", "needs to be less pretentious" bullshit? Fucking decline.

The font sucks though.

Which font? For the logo or the buttons?

but less Nazi-like pretentious bird is more fun

Maybe, but it looks amateurish. Only Andhaira-level people can see that as looking good.
Maybe someone can draw a better version, though. And one wing needs to be folded if you want to make it look good in the top-left corner.

Anyway, it looks pretty good with these buttons, except the circle needs fixing. And the buttons are OK, I just don't like the separators. Do something else with those little dots... or maybe remove them completely.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Oh yeah, and for the "too nazi" crap, apparently you'll always have that, because the other one was "too nazi" too for some stupid pollack. What do you do, shoot eagles mid-flight because they look nazi? Jeez.

But if you like it, keep it. I've add-blocked it anyway.

Ah, you're one of those with no taste who thinks the previous one could, in any way, look good as a logo. Got it.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
FeelTheRads said:
Oh yeah, and for the "too nazi" crap, apparently you'll always have that, because the other one was "too nazi" too for some stupid pollack. What do you do, shoot eagles mid-flight because they look nazi? Jeez.

Ah, you're one of those with no taste who thinks the previous one could, in any way, look good as a logo. Got it.

the butthurt is strong with this one

read the thread... all proposed logos have been discussed and altered in a (more or less) creative process... with little to no complaint by their respective creators

there have been valid criticisms concerning your entry... suck it up and show alternatives... no big deal

Shannow

Waster of Time
FeelTheRads said:

Actually the your eagle doesn't look too nazi for me. Looks much like the current Bundesadler:
portrait_bundesadler_g.jpg

The nazi implications aren't my problem. I just don't like the way it looks + what I've written before.

As for your butthurt...not my problem. Come back when you've learned to deal with constructive criticism.

MetalCraze

Arcane
ghostdog said:
yeah, of course the same can be said about the swastika since it was originally a symbol from ancient india and greece.
Swastika was used as a symbol of nazi Germany, eagles - since middle ages. I don't see any swastika on this image. Do you?
And fucking eagles are all nazis

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I'm more butthurt that some think the previous one looks better than about the suggested modifications.

Which reminds me, what would be better around the circle?

dragonfk

Erudite
FeelTheRads said:

You poor thing. Did I break your heart with my criticism? I forgot that in special school you went to everybody told you you were brilliant with your "art".

*comes back after 3 days*

*vomits*

Don't like it. I don't really care about any nazi sybolism that people might see (extended arm = nazis zomg), I just don't like it. Also, too big, there's a huge blank space at the top that just doesn't look good.

These still look better.

dexheader6trans.gif

dexheader8.gif

I liked the blinking versions more, but apparently DU said he doesn't want it. It would be a bore to mess with the cache, anyways.

minor edit: since the site is mainly about computer rpgs, the floppy one fits better. the dice one makes it look like a tabletop rpg site. And tbh, the suit and top hat remind me too much of /r9k/.

s_64d964a109784e2a8362ae678a025cf9.jpg

These new logos are deviating too much from the rpg theme and entering r00fles territory, like the Hines one (and like Tabithines, will be funny for only a few weeks, at best)

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Did I break your heart with my criticism? I forgot that in special school you went to everybody told you you were brilliant with your "art".

Clever. However, your only "criticism" was that it's too nazi.

Am I the only one that liked undressed eagle with monocle and hat better than dressed eagle with monocle and hat? That suit makes the picture too... Messy. Prestigious bird should not be afraid to show his body.

Chateaubryan

Cipher
"Nazi connotation are in the mind of the viewer" ?

Please. The whole point of having an eagle (1) extending wings (2), standing over a circle (3) containing a German slogan (4) is to make a clear reference to nazism. This reference in itself does not depend on a subjective appreciation made by the viewer. Anybody with a scrap of culture will recognize the reference.

What is subjective - and problematic IMO - is that some people will clearly acknowledge the eagle as an encouragment to express more and more radical views on the Codex because "Hey, it's a nazi site anyway - look at the fucking eagle" when others only see a parody of the somewhat risible absolutism of the Codex's stance on RPG - with a little touch of provocation.

There is a difference between "We're a bunch of uncensored angry cunts" and "Neverending Nazi Extravaganzza".

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
FeelTheRads said:
It's less the eagle and more this:

800px-Reichsadler.svg.png

Eagle on top of a ring is classic Nazi symbology and I think the only place it was used graphically.

Case in point, if the eagle were more something like this:

image4qs.jpg

Nazi inclinations be-gone!

In other words, what Chateaubryan said.

Shannow

Waster of Time
DarkUnderlord said:
Eagle on top of a ring is classic Nazi symbology and I think the only place it was used graphically.
As everything else, they stole that, too.
144SPQR.JPG

But the old eagle was only a slight nod towards the local nazi-degenerates while ridiculing it through its comicness at the same time.
The new eagle just looks bad and closer to real nazi-symbolism. Even though not too close, IMO.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom