Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This is old and tired, we want a new one.

The current header is...?

• Perfect!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good for what it is.

• Much better than that shitty bird.

• Yeah that shitty bird sucked didn't it?

• Thank God that shitty bird is gone. That really sucked. Also it was shitty.

• I am very upset about Codex Democracy.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Melcar

Arcane
Too damn fancy/shinny. I'm getting really butthurt and depressed over it. The Codex just doesn't seem the same anymore. Massive decline and the end of an age. This is shit. You guys just fuck up my whole day.

FFS you guys are dumb. Eagles have been used as heraldic symbols since the Holy Roman Empire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagle_%28heraldry%29

FFS

And, yes, they looked pretty similar to what you have now. Case in point:
220px-Coat_of_arms_of_Egypt.svg.png

This is the Saladin Golden Eagle, 12th century, Egypt.

Go get a history lesson, you dumbshits.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It looks very good, but too nazi. I really think there should be a redesign of the old dice in the new header. Getting rid of it completely seems wrong somehow.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Three problems with the iron eagle:

1. Its beak makes it look like a duck not a prestigious eagle of supreme excellence.

2. It looks retarded in the monocle.

3. Too shiny, dumbed down and next-gen.

I still think this one
bannertest2.png

is the best (it's pretentious and majestic), but I guess I can live with
prestigious_bird.png
too, although the die looks a hundred times better than the floppy, and the 'white' eagle's colour is a damn lot better than this awkward pink-ish.

Suppression

Novice
Droog White Smile said:
Lockkaliber said:
Go choke on a history textbook, you retarded teenager.

You don't get it, do you?

Right, the eagle is an ancient heraldic symbol.

But as a matter of fact some guy with a funny beard decided to use this eagle as his symbol. And by accident he invaded a few countries under that symbol.

You're acting as if it's totally dumb to associate this with the Nazis, but that's just normal. What lies further in the past? Hitler or Saladin?

Not that I would care about the eagle, but your ignorance is kind of annoying.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Suppression said:
But as a matter of fact some guy with a funny beard decided to use this eagle as his symbol. And by accident he invaded a few countries under that symbol.

oh my

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Suppression said:
Droog White Smile said:
Lockkaliber said:
Go choke on a history textbook, you retarded teenager.

Right, the eagle is an ancient heraldic symbol.

You're acting as if it's totally dumb to associate this with the Nazis, but that's just normal. What lies further in the past? Hitler or Saladin?

Not that I would care about the eagle, but your ignorance is kind of annoying.

Add to this the fact that the codex is full of racists and that GD is full of nazi memes. I don't think the site should officially affiliate itself with stuff like that.

In short: We should strive to have a politically correct header. :smug:

Shannow

Waster of Time
Droog White Smile said:
Suppression said:
No, it's you who doesn't get it. The eagle is still used as a heraldic symbol in many countries. Do you think "nazi" when you look at Russia's coat of arms? Hell, even Germans themselves still use it. Now contrast this with the swastika that is banned throughout the Western world.
Eagle, yes. But eagle on ring? The closest I know is the Roman Standard. But the eagle doesn't sit on the ring (and it's not really a ring). Which I believe the nazis copied. Badly copied.

Find another heraldic symbol that has an eagle on a ring and is more than an obscure fluke and I'm sure you'll be able to shut up all the PC-fags.

Melcar

Arcane
What a bunch of butthurt homos man. Replace the eagle with something else, like a griffin, a rooster, a duck, whatever. Just keep the ring and the d20, and don't make the whole shit shinny and next gen, and keep the drawing simple for God's sake.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
i vote for rooster... and link it directly to the plane ticket thread

FeelTheRads

Arcane
But the eagle doesn't sit on the ring (and it's not really a ring). Which I believe the nazis copied. Badly copied.

The nazi symbol doesn't use a ring either. It's a wreath, just like the Roman one.
Also the one I made (which you think is not too nazi) is inspired directly from a nazi emblem.
http://snyderstreasures.com/images/germ ... EagleF.jpg

For someone who pretends to know so much about these symbols, you know shit.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Bah, really, next thing that I'm gonna hear is that swastika is nazi invented, just as eagle holding ring.

That pose is one of most awesome symbols in human history, I can't criticize ol' chap Hitler for taking it.

Interesting if Games Workshop fans were so butthurt about their art like this:
Imperial_eagle.jpg

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Fuck that, doesn't matter who invented it, if the nazis used then it's bad, because a bunch of fucktards who didn't even had grandparents close to whatever the fuck happened there get butthurt.

Shannow

Waster of Time
FeelTheRads said:
But the eagle doesn't sit on the ring (and it's not really a ring). Which I believe the nazis copied. Badly copied.

The nazi symbol doesn't use a ring either. It's a wreath, just like the Roman one.
Also the one I made (which you think is not too nazi) is inspired directly from a nazi emblem.
http://snyderstreasures.com/images/germ ... EagleF.jpg

For someone who pretends to know so much about these symbols, you know shit.
There's about 20 pages of discussing logos... and 4 of discussing butthurt... the thread is doomed.

DU, put up a poll. We'll have a vote. The administration takes into account what the majority wants, ignores it and we can all go on bitching about games under a new wonderful/add-blocked header.

Unless there's actually still someone creative here who is willing to put forth serious suggestions.

MisterStone

Arcane
Well, considering GW's most popular product line is a game where the setting is basically the Third Reich vs evil degenerate sex demons and green savages in spaaaace...

Dny

Educated
I like the current banner the way it is, I just think it needs two refinements :
1/ Make it a bit smaller because it takes too much vertical space. Banners should always feel narrow.
2/ Make a little more space between the beginning of the banner and the eagle, it looks weird with its wing glued to the window border. Give it some fucking air to breathe or it'll die from the asphyxia.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom