Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This is old and tired, we want a new one.

The current header is...?

• Perfect!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good for what it is.

• Much better than that shitty bird.

• Yeah that shitty bird sucked didn't it?

• Thank God that shitty bird is gone. That really sucked. Also it was shitty.

• I am very upset about Codex Democracy.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Fens

Ford of the Llies
VentilatorOfDoom said:
I like this rolling minigame, is that new? My roll was like that roll Cleve was talking about.

yeah...awesome

anomie said:
Peregrine Falcons are a good alternative cuz they're pretty hardass
Fuck yeah, Peregrine Falcons, the fastest birds in the world. Those motherfuckers are mean.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
MisterStone said:

now make some artwork depicting the different outcome of the rolls... you've already got one... only 19 to go :wink:

MisterStone

Arcane
Hmm...

Maybe the thing I made is good for "ITZ happened". Other results should come from other games? :)

Er, I mean, "like that roll Cleve was talking about"

Dny

Educated
anomie said:
http://www.hawkquest.org/mews/PeregrineFalconAnatum.jpg

http://falconrytoday.net/news/wp-conten ... on0014.jpg

I voted It's a good image and any Nazi connotations are in the mind of the viewer, but if it has to change Peregrine Falcons are a good alternative cuz they're pretty hardass

A stylized falcon will look pretty much like a stylized eagle I doubt there is a way to truly differentiate them in that medium.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I want smug bird back.

This looks bad, not even because it looks nazi (nazis had nice eagle tho) but because its not prestigious enough.

FeelTheRads

Arcane

Better? I also removed the circle which apparently was the only thing which was making this nazi.

I'm also taking suggestions for the font and the text around the die, which were also criticized.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Holy shit I love the current one. Yes, including the Latin phrase. I approve of having a Latin phrase. This particular one isn't the best, but I'm too lazy to come up with something better right now.

This logo fucking rocks, though. Eagle is good, d20 is good, Latin phrase is good, font of RPGCODEX is also good.

If it's decided to go back to the previous eagle, though, I'd prefer the "naked" one to the one with the frock. Or make the frock black, because the way it is now it just looks awkward.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
i like the new frame for the two rows of buttons... makes them stand out

the line under the die could say something like "since 2002" or "estd. 2002" to promote the prestige of this very institution

and do something about the wings... they still look rather nazi...

[edit]maybe more fluffy feathers and less of the long pointy ones

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Color the eagle in the colors of the gay pride.

gayeagle.jpg

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
The level of butthurt in this thread is both hilarious and preposterous. Get ahold of yourselves, ffs. :lol:

Anyway, FeelTheRads is clearly the superior artist here. We'll probably never all agree on exactly how the logo should be, but I think we're getting close to a nice compromise for all. :tolerance:

FeelTheRads, I suggest flattening the top of the tophat, to make it look more like.. a top hat? And artistically, I thought the circular text at the 45 degree angle looked better, but I can understand changing it. The double-line that curved behind it looked great, but whatever. As far as the button bars, I think the simpler the better.

Thanks for the efforts, though. We'll get there; keep trying.

Edit: The next person that types "shinny" gets a jack boot right up the ass.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How about "Semper Imperat RPG" as the Latin phrase?
or I could check how to say "Choice and Consequence" on Latin

FeelTheRads

Arcane
and do something about the wings... they still look rather nazi...

As far as I'm concerned, the whole idea revolved around the RPG-nazi joke. If I remove everything nazi about it, then it's just a bird and as I said, the "prestigious" one could be used in that case. It just needs to be drawn better.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
JarlFrank said:
How about "Semper Imperat RPG" as the Latin phrase?
or I could check how to say "Choice and Consequence" on Latin

"optio consequentiaque" / "optio et consequentia"

FeelTheRads said:
As far as I'm concerned, the whole idea revolved around the RPG-nazi joke. If I remove everything nazi about it, then it's just a bird and as I said, the "prestigious" one could be used in that case. It just needs to be drawn better.

maybe more fluffy feathers and less of the long pointy ones... so it isn't so obvious

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom