Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This is old and tired, we want a new one.

The current header is...?

• Perfect!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good for what it is.

• Much better than that shitty bird.

• Yeah that shitty bird sucked didn't it?

• Thank God that shitty bird is gone. That really sucked. Also it was shitty.

• I am very upset about Codex Democracy.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Melcar

Arcane
It should be either thinkingtroll or smugbird. All other options don't exist.

spacemoose

Erudite
gradiented the butans

k2nwb6.png

spacemoose

Erudite
btw US marines logo also has an eagle perching on a round thing

who knew marines were actually nazis v
icon_smile.gif
v

27zj90y.jpg

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
MisterStone said:
Awesome, I luv you man
It had to be used somewhere.

FeelTheRads said:
Try to keep it 1024 pixels wide at max so it fits at that res. May mean shortening some of the buttons. Current header for example is a smidge too big at that res.

I also preferred the text on the side, going up, rather than at the bottom of the die like you've got it here.

As a design concept to reduce the vertical height, what do you reckon you can do if you move the bird down, so that it's wing is underneath / behind the "RPG Codex" word and slogan? Maybe if you fade it out a bit or do something there to make it fit.

Conceptually like this, only less shit obv. :

image1yar.jpg

Fens said:
the line under the die could say something like "since 2002" or "estd. 2002" to promote the prestige of this very institution
This is a good idea. It adds prestige. What I'd really like is "est. 2002, Choices & Consequences" and no Latin.

Ratatosk said:
Possible to clean these up anymore at all?

Current poll is 68% no Nazi connotations / image is fine on current logo. People I've been asking and showing the website too also don't see "NAZI". They do when I point out the Nazi eagle and ask them "if it resembles anything like this" though.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I like the current one. The wings could look a bit more natural and the head/beak could be improved, but otherwise it looks spiffy.

Liberal

Barely Literate
Is it possible to use both the prestigious bird (old version) and the red troll? The first would fit on the website, and the second on the forum.

Ratatosk

Educated
Divinity: Original Sin 2
puur prutswerk said:
You should make 18 more with devil/troll being crushed, near crushed, running away from it pushing it or whatever....
elamankevat.png

I quess one could use his time more constructively... but what is done is done...

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The one chillaxin' in the die-bath is just epic, epic win. Even if they are not used as a header, they should be modified to show numbers other than 20 and inserted into the roll minigame.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom