Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News This is the Beginning of a New Era

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Man I can't wait for some awesome DLC to buy for this.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
To be honest, I'd much rather have another Dark Messiah, since that game was actually fun to play, than a raped Might & Magic RPG.

m_s0

Arcane
Die in a fire.
:smug:
Ashan is far superior to anything that came before that. With all that streamlining and cutting out bullshit like, say, the plot, the result couldn't have been better.
Use your goddamn brain before replying to posts, faggot

Andhaira

Arcane
Exciting news to be sure. Lets just hope its not a MMO.

A game in the vein of MM6 and MM7 would be just what the doctor ordered.

Elzair

Cipher
I am not so sure a M&M MMORPG would not be such a bad thing? Didn't the original games kinda play like a single-player MMORPG?

Luzur

Good Sir
Beelze said:
With all the old franchise rape that's been going on lately, I would suspect that this is another "reboot" a la Dark Messiah, or even Dark Messiah II for that matter. It could just be a DS game since I believe that there was an M&M released around the holiday season last year as well. Either way, that sparkling Ubi logo informs us that it'll be an XBOX port and you'll have to deal with their insane DRM.

im suspecting DM II or that MMO or Heroes XIVII. no way in hell Ubisoft would risk any cash flow by doing a oldschool real deal RPG.

Monocause

Arcane
Elzair said:
Didn't the original games kinda play like a single-player MMORPG?

No. What did the M&M series have in common with MMORPGs aside from the most obvious features? I can't find a single thing.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Beelze said:
With all the old franchise rape that's been going on lately, I would suspect that this is another "reboot" a la Dark Messiah, or even Dark Messiah II for that matter. It could just be a DS game since I believe that there was an M&M released around the holiday season last year as well. Either way, that sparkling Ubi logo informs us that it'll be an XBOX port and you'll have to deal with their insane DRM.

I liked Dark Messiah! The only game where the much hyped physics actually had a good impact on gameplay. Kicking an Orc through a fence and off a cliff never gets old!

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
commie said:
Beelze said:

I liked Dark Messiah! The only game where the much hyped physics actually had a good impact on gameplay. Kicking an Orc through a fence and off a cliff never gets old!
:thumbsup:

MetalCraze

Arcane
It won't be Dark Messiah. If it will be multiplatform that will mean you can easily forget about stuff like physics, huge levels, the need to make precise jumps. Probably will be some crap where you run forward, spamming fireballs, while regenerating in the process. Multiplatforms are so predictable it's disgusting.

Luzur

Good Sir
m_s0 said:
Die in a fire.
Ashan is far superior to anything that came before that. With all that streamlining and cutting out bullshit like, say, the plot, the result couldn't have been better.
Use your goddamn brain before replying to posts, faggot

still, die in a fire.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wouldn't mind another HoMM or Dark Messiah 2. A new first person 4-to-6-character dungeon crawler seems very very unlikely though. If they indeed do make an M&M 10 it'll probably be closer to Oblivion or Gothic than the classic M&Ms.

Modern console kiddos cannot into the idea of blob movement.

DaveO

Erudite
Likely an MMORPG, but that market is flooded and foolish to pursue. A decision with poor timing since Diablo 3 will be released in either 2011 or 2012, which would cast Apocalypse on any other RPG trying to enter or compete for the next few years.

SoupNazi

DaveO said:
Likely an MMORPG, but that market is flooded and foolish to pursue.

Apparently not if you do the right thing and go for an innovated system in your game. For good examples see Vindictus or Guild Wars 2. SW:TOR on the other hand is copying WoW and will eventually end up free2play just like LOTR:O did when they realized they can't compete with WoW.

There's a new wave of MMORPGs coming, I wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft noticed this new trend and decided to go for their first MMO with a blast. But we'll see.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
MetalCraze said:
I hope health-regen, cover-system and quest-compass are in.

You can't have it all Skyway. But I'm sure you'll settle for another action-RPG with next to no stats and a kicking-feature ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom