Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

this studio is finished

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Dragon Age Origins was a good game, fuck off try-hards.

Was a OK game.

Still has problems, like cooldowns, the fact that you can use blood magic in front of templars with no consequence and the repetitiveness of encounters but still amazing compared to DA2 and DA:I.

IMO If BG2:SoA is 9,9/10 and DA:I is 1/10, DA:O is 6/10.

Dragon Age Origins was a good game, fuck off try-hards.

It was alright (if a little uninspired), shame about everything that came afterwards.
Yep. Bioware should have made Dragon Age: Origins 2 and 3 instead of the shit they gave us and they know it.

At least that dumbass Mike Laidlaw was finally fired, although that was obviously too little to late to save Biotrash.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I don't blame Bioware too much for DA2, because EA forced them to make it in a ridiculously short amount of time. The shit encounter design, repetitive locations, simplistic story... all that stuff can be laid at the feet of the insanely rushed schedule.

DA:I though was a full development release and they chose to go with MMO style checklist bullshit design for 70% of the game's content and fuck them for that.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
DA:I though was a full development release and they chose to go with MMO style checklist bullshit design for 70% of the game's content and fuck them for that.

Not only the mmo questing. The mmo homogenization is also awful.

Challenge. Name one game with worse necromancy than DA:I

Shitposter
please move this entire subforum to retardo

it's all old news
yes.png

I don't blame Bioware too much for DA2, because EA forced them to make it in a ridiculously short amount of time. The shit encounter design, repetitive locations, simplistic story... all that stuff can be laid at the feet of the insanely rushed schedule.
True, but I think the smart move would have been to just build upon DA:O as a basis and maybe even repurpose cut content from DA:O. They could have made something pretty decent in 14 months if they'd done that, but instead the DA:O formula was chucked and replaced by Mike Laidlaw's (he/him) and Mark Darrah's (he/him) brainfart with muh "awesome buttons".

Maybe it would have turned out to be nothing more than a glorified DA:O expansion, but even that would be substantially better than Dragon Age 2.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Challenge. Name one game with worse necromancy than DA:I

I kinda liked trapping enemies in a lightning cage and then using walking bomb and watching them all fucking explode, actually. Not saying combat is great in that game, it is NOT, but it's passable for me as long as you don't try and be too tactical and just roll with it. The graphics are very nice too, and even the core story is okay in that cringey Bioware way. It's the "quest" design and shit that just fucking kills that game IMO.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Despite everything I love Bioware. I dislike decision for ME3 ending. They need to improve stories and characters tremendously but they probably already now that from the feedback of DAI, Andromeda.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
A new mass effect is coming and is going to be a return to the roots approach. It seems to me that after this last experimental decade many AAA publishers learned their fucking lessons and are going back to supporting AAA single player games. I am cautiously optimistic about this new console gen.

Xelocix

Learned
Despite everything I love Bioware. I dislike decision for ME3 ending.

It wasn't really THAT bad... People blow ME3's ending way out of proportion i think. It is almost 2021. This joke is old. While it was not the best ending evah, it was far from being the total game destroyer fangirls made it out to be.

It's not really a joke if the majority of people genuinely hated the ending. You probably didn't play ME3 close to release if you think the hate was blown out of proportion. If people didn't scream as loud as they did we probably wouldn't have even gotten the extended cut in the first place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom