Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thursday is finally here.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Fuck you Rapidshare. FUCK. YOU.

Renegen

Arcane
I think we got 3 new people to join CDS. Quite a turn up boys :thumbsup:

The game isn't finished, has some good parts to it, but this needs a long time of adding content and stuff in to make it better.

I also seriously question the idea to create a lot of realistic, but completely useless and closed houses. It just makes me lose my time trying to go from A to B. Fallout had unrealistic towns, but they worked.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Skyway needs his own emoticon.

EDIT: "Error (509)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled"
Fuck all of you.

Use the torrent nub, works fine.

Thanks to my providers tender ministrations, my torrent download speed is more fucked than Debbie in Dallas. Oh well, it's worth the wait.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Ah, my bad then (you really ought to ditch such a crappy ISP if it's at all feasible tho).

Niektory

one of some
Patron
I think we got 3 new people to join CDS. Quite a turn up boys :thumbsup:

The game isn't finished, has some good parts to it, but this needs a long time of adding content and stuff in to make it better.

I also seriously question the idea to create a lot of realistic, but completely useless and closed houses. It just makes me lose my time trying to go from A to B. Fallout had unrealistic towns, but they worked.
You can use the map (hotkey: M) to fast travel to most locations.

circ

Arcane
Ok playing in 1080p and text is barely legible. Disappointed with the character looking like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, and the female version having barely any difference. Hope they didn't actually pay for this soundtrack. Sorry music guy, not doing it for me.

Ok commencing to get myself killed.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
It is finished (the demo part of it). It has quite a chunk of content (more than in any demo or RPG town you've played), but it's not in your face and nobody runs to you with their problems.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. When we had smaller maps and less houses, people complained - "you call this a town?". I believe we have the right balance now and the map helps a lot.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. When we had smaller maps and less houses, people complained - "you call this a town?". I believe we have the right balance now and the map helps a lot.

Naw looks like it's nicely balanced now. When people nitpick about little things like that, you know you got all the big issues sorted.

made

Arcane
Dear God, what's with the camera? I'm in that alley after killing the 2 thugs, right along with the guy I was supposed to protect, trying to pan the camera around and its jerking back and forth like mad, sometimes jumping to another location entirely.

Seems it's only a problem with small maps? No issues in the city itself.

Vault Dweller

Developer
It is true, but I'd suggest to play more before developing any conclusions.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Being a diplomacy fag, I'm rather happy with what little I saw of the preator's story. Finished it in 3 ways, requiring (almost) no killing. The full game may almost have enough content for the much coveted '7 times playthrough' potential.

MMXI

Arcane
Hey VD. Can you tell me how long (roughly, in hours) the final game will be? I'm finding my spare time decreasing rapidly these days and usually longer RPGs keep getting pushed back as a result, yet I really would like to play AoD as soon as it comes out.

hiver

Had a small glitchwith installation... i opted to update directX when asked and it freezed at the very end.
Had to manually stop the process. When i did that the installation poped back saying its 100% finished, as usual.

Shouldnt be a problem on my side. its probably something to do with microsoft though.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Hey VD. Can you tell me how long (roughly, in hours) the final game will be? I'm finding my spare time decreasing rapidly these days and usually longer RPGs keep getting pushed back as a result, yet I really would like to play AoD as soon as it comes out.
Impossible to tell, as you can see by the demo. Some paths are long, some short. Depends on what you do and how you play it.

circ

Arcane
Oh Steam, thanks but no thanks.

Anyway, um, HOW DO I TALK TO PEOPLE? Or is that not implemented in the demo?

Also, Q and E to rotate the camera and not just third mouse button would have been a nice feature? Just a thought.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Anyway, um, HOW DO I TALK TO PEOPLE? Or is that not implemented in the demo?
Not in the demo, but you can walk around and enjoy the scenery.

Also, Q and E to rotate the camera and not just third mouse button would have been a nice feature? Just a thought.
Ctrl + mouse or Del works too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom