Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Titan Quest II - Greek mythology action-RPG sequel by SpellForce 3 devs

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://titanquest2.thqnordic.com

Return to the classic mythology-inspired setting of Titan Quest and go toe-to-toe with legendary monsters as you journey across a fantastical reimagining of ancient Greece.

Nemesis, Goddess of Retribution, is out of control. She is corrupting the Threads of Fate and condemning all those who oppose her to eternal punishment - including you. Take up your weapon, fight alongside gods, and change fate itself in order to stop Nemesis, free those she’s punished, and weave your own epic tale.

From the creators of SpellForce 3 comes a handcrafted action RPG for a new generation of mythical heroes.

A World of Myth and Monsters​

Set out on an adventure worthy of myth that takes you from picturesque beaches, to serene Greek temples, to places where no mortal has ever ventured, including the mysterious realm of the Moirai themselves.Battle classic creatures from Greek myth and the original Titan Quest, including Ichthians, Centaurs, Satyrs, Harpies, Sirens, Gryphons, and many, many more.

Exploration-Focused Campaign​

Pay close attention to your surroundings! The world is full of mysteries and secrets to discover. Legendary monsters lurk in hidden groves, and you never know when you will end up face-to-face with a god.Visit memorable towns full of life and intrigue. The conversations you engage in and the items you find along your journey can lead to surprising discoveries, or they might just hold the key to stopping Nemesis. This is your adventure.

A Challenge Fit for a Hero​

Heroic deeds require heroic effort. The enemies you face are far from defenseless - dodge and counter their attacks, then overwhelm them with a well-timed flurry of blows. Powerful rituals allow you to freely control the game’s difficulty, while deep character customization systems ensure that there’s always a good reason to replay.

Key Features​

• Flexible character system: In Titan Quest 2, you are in control of you own fate. Customize your hero, then form your own class by combining two masteries. Build your character around the strengths and weakness of both masteries, exploring different combinations of skill modifiers, attributes, and items to create your own hybrid class and find your favorite playstyle. Grow your powers from those of a young mortal to a hero to rival the gods themselves!

• Meaningful loot: Every item serves a function, and every character class has many options when it comes to finding the perfect equipment. Even the most common spear can be upgraded via affix crafting, and with the right ingredients, you may even forge it into a unique item spoken of only in legend!

• Challenging action RPG combat: Enemies form factions and work together, combining their unique skills and abilities to keep you on your toes. Use the deep character build system and access every skill at your disposal to vanquish them in this unique action RPG experience.

• A beautiful, handcrafted world rooted in Greek myth: Encounter stunning vistas and deep caverns, and traverse the world with your divine mount, Areion. Use the powers of the gods to uncover secret locations and explore lovingly designed levels full of verticality.

• Online multiplayer: Join up with friends to take on the Goddess of Retribution. Like Jason and the Argonauts, sometimes you need a group of heroes for your journey.

• Rich and immersive sound: An atmospheric soundtrack blends traditional Greek music with modern orchestral elements to create epic, memorable themes, drawing you into Titan Quest 2's unique world.

Last edited:

Ryzer

Arcane
Anyway, cautiously optimistic about this announcement considering how boring Titan Quest was even though I like it for what it was.

It would be truly great if they decide to depart from the diablo-clone genre and turn it into a full blown isometric RPG set in mythological settings with everything it entails.
It's largely unexploited and it deserves much more.

ADL

Prophet
Glad this finally got announced. The screenshot on their website teasing it had been sitting there forever.

deuxhero

Arcane
Glad this finally got announced. The screenshot on their website teasing it had been sitting there forever.

This will be out before Star Citizen.
Reminder: Duke Nukem Forever was first announced in 1997 and released in 2011, 14 years of development. Unless Star Citizen releases in the next three years, it will have taken longer than DNF.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Link in the website sends me to Trine 5 store page instead.

who needs TQ2 anyway?
we already have one and it's called Grim Dawn

ind33d

Educated
>announcing Titan Quest 2 after Diablo IV

how do people working in this industry remember to breathe?

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Link in the website sends me to Trine 5 store page instead.

who needs TQ2 anyway?
we already have one and it's called Grim Dawn
Grim Dawn feels like ass to play. The loot and loop might be good and all, but man the game feel is ass. All the magic also amalgamates into a homogeneous mess.
The og Torchlight feels good to play and that was made by a smaller team than Grim Dawn.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
With randomly generated levels this time, hopefully.
Not on your life.

Key Features​

• A beautiful, handcrafted world rooted in Greek myth: Encounter stunning vistas and deep caverns, and traverse the world with your divine mount, Areion. Use the powers of the gods to uncover secret locations and explore lovingly designed levels full of verticality.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Optimistic. Played TQ1 but found it a bit boring. Also Spellforce 3 with expansions (especially Fallen God) was cool so kinda interested to see what that team can do. Hoping they go for a proper isometric CRPG.

Zlaja

Arcane
I loved the setting in TQ, so this is great news. I just hope they handle itemization and endgame loop better than D4.

Aemar

Arcane

The trailer reminds me of Hades' introduction scene from Clash of Titans. Expecting countless DLCs and expansions for TQ2 since its developer is the company that made Spellforce 3. Tbh I don't anticipate anything more than an updated graphical sequel.

Meaningful loot
So no more metric tons of useless junk spewing forth from each slain enemy?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Cautiously optimistic. I still play Titan Quest and am a huge fan of this kind of setting. However, the devs terribly mismanaged SF3, especially its multiplayer, and sacrificed a ton of nuanced gameplay at the altar of consoles. On top of that, the campaigns were freakishly unbalanced. This is still a
:d1p:
for me, though. The screenshots look absolutely gorgeous too.

Aemar

Arcane
"Countless" = two expansions?
ten5m6m.png

They surely know how to milk the shit out of Spellforce 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom