Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Titan Quest II - Greek mythology action-RPG sequel by SpellForce 3 devs

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Most of those aren't game content DLCs, they're soundtrack and art book packs.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
"Countless" = two expansions?
ten5m6m.png

They surely know how to milk the shit out of Spellforce 3.

You only need to get the "loyalty pack" to get 99.9% of in-game content. The only thing you don't get is the prequel mission.

Peachcurl

Cipher
who needs TQ2 anyway?
we already have one and it's called Grim Dawn
Grim Dawn feels like ass to play. The loot and loop might be good and all, but man the game feel is ass. All the magic also amalgamates into a homogeneous mess.
The og Torchlight feels good to play and that was made by a smaller team than Grim Dawn.
Torchlight is super clunky and simplistic in comparison.

Heinrich

Scholar
You play these Diablo like ARPGs for the power fantasy and the atmosphere. In that sense TQ was a breath of fresh air because it had a nice setting and wasn't set in a cave or a dumpster. Grim Dawn especially looked like garbage.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Top things I want from Titan Quest II:
1 - Blood
2 - No running forever on empty maps.
3 - Better hitting feedback when hitting monsters.
4 - Decent VFX for abilities.
5 - More gods and mythical beasts to slain as bosses instead of lame floating towel boys.
6 - Focus 100% on greek myhology.
7 - Keep the winning formula: Two masteries, monster infrequents etc

Blutwurstritter

Learned
I hope this turns out well and doesn't end the studio. The Spellforce 3 games were great and I hope to see more rts games by them. Have there been any news on Age of Mythology Retold and a possible sequel? Might be good for advertisement to have Titan Quest II and Age of Mythology stuff released close together.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
TQ with added carnage and more balls to the wall action in general would already be p. incline. I didn't really play SF3, but I think most people were happy with the hns parts.

duskvile

Fabulous Optimist
Not in terms of plot but in terms of background, not fan of the egyptian and chinese inspired acts on TQ 1.
I find it boring and lazy if I read some "copy/pasted" text from mythology in any game.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Afaik, it's going to be Greek, Egyptian and Persian mythologies this time around. Which is great, the Babylonian/Chinese part of the original really dragged the whole thing down.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
No running forever on empty maps.
One of the top features listed is exploration-based gameplay, so I'd imagine this will be a major focus, which is awesome.

I hope to see more rts games by them.
The rts gameplay sections of Spellforce 3 were easily the worst parts of the game, imo. I'm glad they're not doing another game with rts elements, and I hope they don't ever do so again.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Afaik, it's going to be Greek, Egyptian and Persian mythologies this time around. Which is great, the Babylonian/Chinese part of the original really dragged the whole thing down.
Babylon was cool but it was sadly basically just a large dungeon, though Silk Road and China just dragged for too long.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Top things I want from Titan Quest II:
1 - Blood
2 - No running forever on empty maps.
3 - Better hitting feedback when hitting monsters.
4 - Decent VFX for abilities.
5 - More gods and mythical beasts to slain as bosses instead of lame floating towel boys.
6 - Focus 100% on greek myhology.
7 - Keep the winning formula: Two masteries, monster infrequents etc
A less boring tedious game

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Modkit? Does the game have worthwhile mods?

TQ 1? Some high difficulty/new mastery (or both in one). Their modding scene isn't as mature and expansive as Grim Dawn is altho you can chalk it up being older game and more clunky to mod

Some of them are fresh enough, not that the base game is lacking in build variety due to the dual class system thing. But having like 8 new different Masteries thus like dozens of viable new classes will still be fun

Granted TQ was too big in map size and get old real fast but if you like it why not try? Most of them are in workshop too altho some obscure one are only available in their old forum

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I really enjoyed Titan Quest / Immortal Throne and have definitely played hundreds if not over 1000 hours of it over the years for sure.

However I just do not have faith that modern devs have it in them to do a good sequel.

If it's designed for PC and Console at the same time, the PC-side of the gameplay will suffer because they have to design the game to work on the console, rather than doing PC first and then figuring out how to port it. This will compromise the responsiveness of the gameplay feel and UI design among other things. The game will also have shit performance.

The core of the system design will probably be shit and the visuals will be hard to read like modern games with too many lights and effects that compromise readability of combat.

If any of those four predictions are wrong, color me surprised.

warralek

Literate
Just checked their Steam page, I really hope that system requirements are just a placeholder ... recommended 32GB RAM :?

Lacrymas

Arcane
I'm absolutely sure it's designed for consoles as well, seeing as how SF3 was, even though it had no business being on consoles and it's the reason why it came out malformed. Console design shouldn't affect hack and slashers too much, though, since you can have at least 8 skills bound to the controller. I've never played a build in a hack and slasher that actively utilizes 8+ skills that aren't passive auras. I'm not particularly a fan of passive auras either, so I won't cry if they are absent.

Zlaja

Arcane
I hope they keep certain cool details from the original like foe's corpses flying the fuck away when you kill them, and being able to see if an enemy has some magical armor/weapons on them (and using those) before they drop.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Bulletpoint about mount concerning, hope they don't try to ape d4 designs.

At this point i would be happy of a simple linear chapter based arpg with some nonsense plot and inconsequential npcs thrown around, as you cut your path to endgame with cool loot and skills that are cool and awesome without need to use calculator to make em such.

Last edited:

ind33d

Learned
I hope this turns out well and doesn't end the studio. The Spellforce 3 games were great and I hope to see more rts games by them. Have there been any news on Age of Mythology Retold and a possible sequel? Might be good for advertisement to have Titan Quest II and Age of Mythology stuff released close together.
i feel like hades ate this game's niche

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom