Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

CMcC

Larian Studios
Developer
Oh, stop whining and get your badge

I post kickstarter pledged so I dunno if I get one.

Edit: I do.

SO what is the point of these? e-peen stroking? Will the mods respect my drunkposting and shitposting more if I stroke my dick at them going "HA HA HA LOOK AT MY BADGES!!"??

Yes.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
developer_flag.png

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Mods on InExile forums don't really do anything at all. So badge or not, you'll be fine, unless if you start posting detailed descriptions of your experiences as a necrophile.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Actually when the development started, and have they really thought they would be able to do this complex game in Dec 2014, when they didn't worked on similar project before and didn't have both libraries they made themselves and crew experience with games like that?

ksaun

Arcane
Developer
Actually when the development started, and have they really thought they would be able to do this complex game in Dec 2014, when they didn't worked on similar project before and didn't have both libraries they made themselves and crew experience with games like that?

The $900K version would not have been so complex. =) Before the Kickstarter campaign even ended, we announced that the release date would be later. It was important to me that backers who were bothered by that would have a chance to back out before funding closed.) As you might expect, Wasteland 2's retail launch in September 2014 impacted TTON's schedule, as I described in June 2014, when I announced that TTON would be delayed until the end of 2015. There were some other delays and the game has been in full production for a much shorter period of time than casual observers (i.e., those who haven't followed all of the updates) might think.

(That said, I take responsibility for not meeting the late 2015 date that I had advertised one-and-half years ago. But I think TTON's players and backers will be significantly happier than they would have been in the alternative universe in which it did ship before the end of this year.)

Mustawd

The $900K version would not have been so complex. =) Before the Kickstarter campaign even ended, we announced that the release date would be later. It was important to me that backers who were bothered by that would have a chance to back out before funding closed.) As you might expect, Wasteland 2's retail launch in September 2014 impacted TTON's schedule, as I described in June 2014, when I announced that TTON would be delayed until the end of 2015. There were some other delays and the game has been in full production for a much shorter period of time than casual observers (i.e., those who haven't followed all of the updates) might think.

(That said, I take responsibility for not meeting the late 2015 date that I had advertised one-and-half years ago. But I think TTON's players and backers will be significantly happier than they would have been in the alternative universe in which it did ship before the end of this year.)

:salute::salute:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
That said, I take responsibility for not meeting the late 2015 date that I had advertised one-and-half years ago.
Care to elucidate on what happened there? If it was indeed your fault, surely there's no harm in talking about it now.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Don't bother asking. Kevin is a professional, and unless it's been quite a number of years it is poor form to talk about these certain things.

throwaway

Cipher
Besides, this is the sort of responsibility that only B.Fargo cares about. The rest of us know too well to desire a premature launch,

Alex

Arcane
Huh, I didn't receive this update by email for some reason. On the other hand, I received an update on Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar!

New title menu screen. Might add some backdrops for buttons at left but this is pretty certain to be the release version. This screen captures the hand painted, anime, comic book and colorful fantasy zeitgeist of Grimoire pretty well.

:dead:

The first public demo title screen was probably the best one, I think.

gestalt11

Arbiter
That said, I take responsibility for not meeting the late 2015 date that I had advertised one-and-half years ago.
Care to elucidate on what happened there? If it was indeed your fault, surely there's no harm in talking about it now.

Why bother even asking? He is saying he had a change of schedule from a ONE AND HALF YEAR old projection. He is saying he was responsible for overall scheduling and that the buck stops there. But having a one and half year old projection be inaccurate is pretty much always the case on just about any software project.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Why bother even asking?

Because in gaming communities people have a tendency to overanalyze and dissect anything coming out of developer's mouth. If developer as much as farts, there's gonna be essays about it.

Which is precisely the reason why most devs don't communicate as much as we would want. They can't say a word without someone going "oh but 15 years ago on your Geocities blog you said...."

Fry

Arcane
Nothing sounds better than playing a 40 hour game with VR goggles strapped to your face, eh?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom