Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

You can replace lords on the spot with ones in reserve, which could be Franz if he was previously wounded (or dismissed, but I don't think the AI would intentionally dismiss a legendary lord). Go to the character screen and you can see the button on the bottom right.

This can be a useful trick in some situations. For example, if you are dark elves and have a fully kitted out black ark army you can replace them with a non-black ark lord and have them walk ashore. Just have to deal with the 5 turn delay before you can raise them again. Can also replace lords in hordes so that the new guy gets all the powerful bonuses and the high level guy with growth bonuses gets the new horde to grow it quicker.

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, when you can exchange general with general in reserve, looks like they taugh AI to switch general with Karl Franz who was in reserves.

A horse of course

Oops, didn't know you can replace your lord on the fly like that.

The AI also partially or completely ignores the wounded LL cooldown, so enjoy fighting lvl 40 Karl Franz every 2 turns when Ordertide hits.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

The AI also partially or completely ignores the wounded LL cooldown, so enjoy fighting lvl 40 Karl Franz every 2 turns when Ordertide hits.
I can't really find any documentation on how much it ignores, but it is my experience as well that my LLs will be out for 6-8 turns or so, whereas the ai usually bounces back in like 3.

I think the most obscene things they get is +4 global recruitment, and +3 local (on very hard). Lets them shit out stacks so fast.

A horse of course

I can't really find any documentation on how much it ignores, but it is my experience as well that my LLs will be out for 6-8 turns or so, whereas the ai usually bounces back in like 3.

I think the most obscene things they get is +4 global recruitment, and +3 local (on very hard). Lets them shit out stacks so fast.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1162403901

This isn't even everything the AI cheats at on Normal difficulty (there's a lot of scripted stuff like automatic artifacts, forced confederations, player-centric AI aggression etc.)

For the player I think its always 5 turns, including the turn they were killed on (so really it's more like 4). I doubt the AI needs a cheat on this considering how low it already is. And there are additional traits and abilities that lower the wound timer. Beating Vlad in a battle gives -4, so its quite possible Karl has that. Which is fucking useless for players compared to Isabella's permanent regeneration trait, but I can see how an AI Karl with both would be hell to deal with.

Last edited:

Citizen

Also Ariel looks fucking ugly. I bet Tom Parker made her.

Well her model is not exactly attractive either ...
cjqlwj8sbe6y.jpg

And yes, Alarielle tabletop model was pretty on the ugly side even if later models improved but Ariel even in illustrations never been someone you can all pretty.

Same energy
images

tabacila

Augur
So the patch will arrive at the same day as the dlc?

CA have a policy of only attaching patches (not hotfixes) to DLC/FLC drops. Because...uhh....fuck it I'm not scouring r*ddit for their justification. They're just lazy cunts.
Well they usually do make bugfixes to the game during DLC releases. Then, depending on the severity of the new bugs introduced by the new updates/DLCs/FLCs, they sometimes hurry and do an out of release window bugfix. It usually takes them only a couple of months and sometimes those bugfixes are actually just beta branches, coz fuck doing proper QA I guess :negative:.

Their motivation for doing so few patches to the game AFAIR is that their patching system somehow requires steam to pretty much re-download the whole game to update it. I think they said making patches that require you to download a couple of hundreds of MBs each time would accumulate over time and the game would balloon out of size. They prefer to make us redownload ~50GB so the game can get around 100MB of new data. When I only had a smaller SSD I usually just uninstalled TWWH2 and installed it again since I didn't have the space required for steam to work its dark magic.
So yeah, either lazy or stupid.

Retardo

Learned
So the patch will arrive at the same day as the dlc?

CA have a policy of only attaching patches (not hotfixes) to DLC/FLC drops. Because...uhh....fuck it I'm not scouring r*ddit for their justification. They're just lazy cunts.
Well they usually do make bugfixes to the game during DLC releases. Then, depending on the severity of the new bugs introduced by the new updates/DLCs/FLCs, they sometimes hurry and do an out of release window bugfix. It usually takes them only a couple of months and sometimes those bugfixes are actually just beta branches, coz fuck doing proper QA I guess :negative:.

Their motivation for doing so few patches to the game AFAIR is that their patching system somehow requires steam to pretty much re-download the whole game to update it. I think they said making patches that require you to download a couple of hundreds of MBs each time would accumulate over time and the game would balloon out of size. They prefer to make us redownload ~50GB so the game can get around 100MB of new data. When I only had a smaller SSD I usually just uninstalled TWWH2 and installed it again since I didn't have the space required for steam to work its dark magic.
So yeah, either lazy or stupid.

IIRC, Steam doesnt download a lot - most patches/updates fot twwh2 I've seen were not bigger than 1Gb.
The problem is, to install these updates steam has to copy almost all the game files somewhere, unpack/modify them, and then copy them back, and that takes a crapload of time.
:deathclaw:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Aside from that its basically impossible to predict what build skaven will run with.
Which is a great thing, IMO.
Just wish that would apply to way more factions than it does.

Well if applied to all the factions then there would hardly be a point to having all the factions if they can all do everything.
Nobody says all have to be able to do everything. Just enough possibilities to not be able to predict what build you're going to face.
e.g. You can do a lot with Vampire Counts, but you can be reasonably certain they won't field a ranged-heavy army :lol:

In comparison, with Vampire Coast you can field a ranged-heavy army. And that's it - the only question becomes if it's gonna be artillery or guns (yes, I know, artillery sucks in MP but in theory, you could).
All their non-ranged units are rather terrible, especially the higher-tier ones.
It's a no-brainer to come up with an army that can deal with yarr pirate mateys.

And who gets more options? Skaven, who were already able to build all kinds of armies.
And Wood Elves, who did admittedly lack options so that's good.

Last edited:

A horse of course

Here's the first parts of the three new LL campaigns via an e-shill:

tabacila

Augur
Moulder and the Sisters of Twilight are part of the DLC. The free stuff is Drycha and only if you have the WH1 WE DLC.

Nathir

Liturgist
Turn 100 and after playing whack a mole with constant rebellions and empire lords capturing minor settlements with 20/20 armies made in two turns... I finally eliminated them. Everything from Kislev to Marienburg is mine. And while Thorgrim was busy sending stacks into my territory he got rekt by Grimgor from behind and is also no more.

There's just one problem now. I am at war with nobody (except chaos) and I still need 5 major settlements for short victory. To the south it's all Grimgor, who is number 1 in strength and owns around 60 settlements. To the north it's Naggaroth who eliminated the norscans. He has 40 settlements and is in military alliance with Morathi who also has 40 settlements. Going into war with 1 of them would be a giant slog, and the other could backstab me. Idk how to proceed.

Did you ally with the high elves/wood elves/brettonia and other people who aren't dicks? Alliances count for that victory condition, and you may be able to scout to some lizardmen or tomb kings that would ally you. Otherwise the easy, centralized stuff to take is Miragliano/Skavenblight/Sartosa/Galleon's Graveyard and Karaz-Karak/Black Crag/Karak Eight Peaks. Fighting Naggarond wouldn't give you many victory points and be a giant slog, you might be able to get an NAP/alliance if you bribe them a lot. Dark Elves can sometimes be neutral-ish to good guys, especially when they fight a lot of chaos.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I am at war with nobody (except chaos) and I still need 5 major settlements for short victory.
Sounds like you should trespass, declare war, and capture 5 settlements in one turn. Can't counterattack if you already won.

Nathir

Liturgist
I am at war with nobody (except chaos) and I still need 5 major settlements for short victory.
Sounds like you should trespass, declare war, and capture 5 settlements in one turn. Can't counterattack if you already won.

This is exactly what I did. Can't be bothered to into a slugfest against either Grimgor or Malekith. After wiping out Reikland the campaign already felt done in a way. Mortal empires in general could use a bit of a rework to the objectives you need for victory imo. Vortex map is a bit more boring, but an end objective that isn't "paint as much map as possible" makes it more palatable to play.

Also in true whack-a-mole fashion, two turns before I was positioned to win the campaign, Archaon invaded... First I reloaded but it happened again the exact same turn (118), so I guess it's predetermined a few turns in advance at least? had to deal with that first, lol. Just in time for the DLC.

Nathir

Liturgist
Did you ally with the high elves/wood elves/brettonia and other people who aren't dicks? Alliances count for that victory condition, and you may be able to scout to some lizardmen or tomb kings that would ally you. Otherwise the easy, centralized stuff to take is Miragliano/Skavenblight/Sartosa/Galleon's Graveyard and Karaz-Karak/Black Crag/Karak Eight Peaks. Fighting Naggarond wouldn't give you many victory points and be a giant slog, you might be able to get an NAP/alliance if you bribe them a lot. Dark Elves can sometimes be neutral-ish to good guys, especially when they fight a lot of chaos.

My only ally was Azhag, who was useless basically. Also, he got confederated by Grimgor while I was chasing chaos around... I did have a trade agreement and NAP with Settra and +100 relationship but he got wiped out by Grimgor at around turn 100. The great power modifier needs a bit of a looking into aswell. It makes it so everyone hates you, while Tomb kings always like you and sign everything. They come off as the biggest asskissers around, which is not the vibe I get from them, but I know nothing of the lore.

Yeah great power is fucking stupid. You can gift people over and over until they like you. Unfortunately getting an alliance with an already big faction costs disgusting amounts of money (like 300k in gift).

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Mortal empires in general could use a bit of a rework to the objectives you need for victory imo.
Yeah. There's a mod for it, but it is very uneven. The basic mortal empires objectives are fairly uneven too, but imo the big offender is the "Control at least 8 of the following: ...." objective.

Some ME campaigns have good objectives though, like Imrik.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom