Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
That's not how you spell Radious.

That's also complete garbage.

Both of them are inelegant floods of excess, one has to completely lack any vision of refinement to use such mods that do nothing but bloat the amount of content at expense of everything else. It's disgusting gluttony in video game form.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
I just got into Warhammer via the second version of the p&p RPG after seeing Freekaner being so eulogistic about it (compared to 40k, that is).
I fucking love it. Now I want to play Total Warhammer : Is it worth it to get both of them ? I already have the first one but barely played it.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I just got into Warhammer via the second version of the p&p RPG after seeing Freekaner being so eulogistic about it (compared to 40k, that is).
I fucking love it. Now I want to play Total Warhammer : Is it worth it to get both of them ? I already have the first one but barely played it.
WH2 is for people who love Elfniggers.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Choice and Consequences mods is superior.
Yes, provided you obtain it and the DLC on sale. Outside of a sale, I would recommend that you wait, because the DLC generally is worth it, but the cost adds up.

With Total Warhammer 2, CA was more creative with the faction mechanics and lord effects in my opinion. For example, Dark Elves have a slave mechanic that boosts the economy. In a subsequent DLC, the Queen and the Crone, Hellebron sacrifices slaves to avoid a faction penalty and obtain buffs by keeping Hellebron youthful. Another example is Tomb Kings, which ignore the Vortex campaign and instead hunt books of Nagash. I have not played much of Vampire Coast, but similarly it has its own campaign focus.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

FYI, first edition p&p has way better artwork and campaign modules. The second one is mechanically much more elegant.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
WH2 is for people who love Elfniggers.

Mortal Empires man, the only way a true Warhammer fanboy plays TW:WH.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Thank you all for the feedback. I'll take a look at the first edition of the pnp game.
Got myself WH2 and all dlc's thanks to this obscure consumer nonsense from across the ocean that they call "black friday".

Onwards to a mortal empires Bretonnia campaign !

Thank you all for the feedback. I'll take a look at the first edition of the pnp game.
Got myself WH2 and all dlc's thanks to this obscure consumer nonsense from across the ocean that they call "black friday".

Onwards to a mortal empires Bretonnia campaign !

Protip: Don't let the Vamps go unchecked for too long.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
The ones in Mousillon or vamps in general ? I'm not familiar with everything that came with the sequel, and this big ass undead fleet to the north is quite scary.
I'm a newb at nu-total war campaigns, but I decided to seduce Artois and Lyonesse (although I don't see the diplomatic option to invite them in my faction, guess I need a proper alliance) and went on to immediatly raze the greenskins.
The fuckers from Marienburg tried to finish me off on my way back, but I got pegasus knights and proper chevaliers, bitch.

I like how they improved on the UI and QOL elements a ton since the first game released. To the point that alt-tabbing during loading times lets you see the loading progress on windows taskbar. Neat.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The Vampire Counts in Sylvania can blob out a lot and then you'll have to deal with endless attrition causing wasteland.

Aemar

Arcane
Is there a significant difference between the two games when it comes to the system requirements? My average rig can handle TWW1 without a problem, not so sure about part 2.

Olinser

Savant
Is there a significant difference between the two games when it comes to the system requirements? My average rig can handle TWW1 without a problem, not so sure about part 2.

It does have some higher requirements, the official minimum requirements for TWW2 are:

• CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 3.0Ghz.
  • RAM: 5 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 460 1GB | AMD Radeon HD 5770 1GB | Intel HD4000 @720p.
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 60 GB.
and the official minimum requirements for TWW1 are:

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0Ghz/ AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.0GHz.
  • RAM: 3 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: (DirectX 11) AMD Radeon HD 5770 1024MB / NVIDIA GTS 450 1024 MB / Intel HD4000 @720p.
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 35 GB.
So it looks mainly like a RAM difference.

Parabalus

Arcane
The Vampire Counts in Sylvania can blob out a lot and then you'll have to deal with endless attrition causing wasteland.

Vampire Counts in this new patch are ridiculous, the buffs they got are insane. Started with Ghorst and effortlessly (just blob) took Altdorf in 18 turns on Leg, you get +40% replenish and +65% research in the first 10 turns with him. And the free skeletons are just WTF.

Can't imagine what this shit would look like for the AI.

Needs some good old

:littlemissfun:

Last edited:

Vampire Counts in this new patch are ridiculous, the buffs they got are insane. Started with Ghorst and effortlessly (just blob) took Altdorf in 18 turns on Leg, you get +40% replenish and +65% research in the first 10 turns with him. And the free skeletons are just WTF.

Needs some good old

Is that with any mods?

Parabalus

Arcane

Needs some good old

Is that with any mods?

No mods. Ghorst faction bonuses + 1 skill + 6 kisses, you can see it for yourself immediately if you start a campaign.

Last edited:

A horse of course

I'm still mad about Ghorst. Of all the obscure characters, WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU USE GHORST

Parabalus

Arcane
I'm still mad about Ghorst. Of all the obscure characters, WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU USE GHORST

He's pretty great in campaign though, insane bonuses + you get a mortis engine at lvl 10. Better than Mannfred or vlad/issa early-mid for sure, and afterwards you get them anyway.

A horse of course

I noticed MINOS has retired and one of his mods I was unaware of is a bunch of tweaks that remove the retarded AI tunnel-vision in which they focus on fucking over the player and literally ignore other factions in their way. Whilst I've nosed around some of these settings in PFM before, I might download his old mod and have a look through all the changes.

A horse of course

Heads up that fitgirl has a new repack including all DLC up to and including Vampire Coast, so you can enjoy this gnome and all it's features - for free - thanks to paypigs such as myself.

Seethe

Arbiter
End times for TWW3 is fine as long as they do not get to the details. That is, TWW3 being Chaos invasion and resurrection of Nagash that sets the whole world aflame and in conflict is perfectly okay. End times is shit because it destroyed the setting, and did it in the most disgraceful way possible with almost every named character acting in unfitting and nonsensical ways, with shortcuts to storylines and long established relationships etc., it was clearly made to end the series and transfer it to Age of Sigmarines. Which also makes it prologue to an alternate universe instead of official Warhammer Fantasy canon, by the way.

The expansion itself is great and vampire coast plays differently both in campaign and in battles. The main problem I have is complete lack of balance, they get way too many bonuses and quirks and no negatives whatsoever. They need to have more downsides especially on land and with lack of vampiric corruption, some of their units are also useless.

End Times sucked because of the story mostly. And Total War Warhammer is mostly a sandbox game. End Times units are acceptable, it's AoS that's unacceptable.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I want to carpetbomb tomb kings with araby.

g5nzQJHg.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom