Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Because they start in completely different places for one? When was the last time you fought against Norsca as Lizardmen or against Lizardmen as Empire?

e: Regarding turn times in ME - I just now timed turn 1 as Karl Franz in my game. TWO MINUTES. It used to be slightly over one minute but that was before they introduced Vampire Coast factions if I recall correctly.
Nah, not worth it. If only they could be less greedy shits to implement something really new. Like pledging allegiance as Alith Anar to Lothern staying guerrilla faction with a limited roster and not forced to participate in the vortex race (at least not as Lothern). This is just an example of how to make a gameplay really differs. Instead we have what we have: a pseudo new factions with the same gameplay. Ah yes the amount of Charlemagnes.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
You get a special landmark in Übersreik :lol:

eyex5vT.png

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The legendary became really challenging since the last update. Can’t hold long enough as skavens: my clanrats ar simply not a match to a couple of stacks of longbeards on the tenth turn. Even as Lothern you have no right for mistake. The line of sight is ridiculously small, so scouts are a must. Very fun overall.

tabacila

Augur
It would be really nice to have more human factions, but Araby always seemed like a less likely probability than Kislev or the Southern Realms.

They could have appeared in WH2, but they made that part of the Southlands way too small for their standard 4 LLs. In ME you could move one or two LLs to Estalia to LARP some Jihad, but that area in the Southlands would still be extra crowded.

The legendary became really challenging since the last update. Can’t hold long enough as skavens: my clanrats ar simply not a match to a couple of stacks of longbeards on the tenth turn. Even as Lothern you have no right for mistake. The line of sight is ridiculously small, so scouts are a must. Very fun overall.

You probably already know this, but when deploying skaven infantry defensively, try to organize an in-depth, onion-style formation instead of going with a wide front line. So whenever your filthy rats inevitably brake, you can pull up reserves to plug in the hole, and buy time for your more useful units.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

You probably already know this, but when deploying skaven infantry defensively, try to organize an in-depth, onion-style formation instead of going with a wide front line. So whenever your filthy rats inevitably brake, you can pull up reserves to plug in the hole, and buy time for your more useful units.
Thanks! Actually I find this type of formation useful for any faction in a tough fight.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Christ, the Wulfhart campaign is pure faggotry. You can't move around the jungle because movement points get reduced to a quarter constantly, you can't leave settlements alone because they'll rebel or get taken by stacks out of nowhere (because the AI of course doesn't suffer movement penalties as severe as the player), you can't do diplomacy because everyone hates you anyway, expansion takes forever due to point 1 and 2 so you have no money so you have no extra stacks so you can't do shit.

CA didn't balance this shit at all, they just plopped the faction down and called it a day.

Last edited:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Eh, could be worse. Could be as Vampire Counts. Seriously, fuck the long campaign victory conditions for that, at least in WH1. You pretty much need to kill Dwarfs early, otherwise they will spread throughout the badlands and you have to take like 200+ turns to wipe them out.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Playing WE in WH 1 and conquering everything is very nice and soothing, everything falls under deep forest.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
What’s good about late game dwarfs in wh1 is that you can bribe them with lotta dolla bills to make military alliance and thus finish game instantly victorious.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
What’s good about late game dwarfs in wh1 is that you can bribe them with lotta dolla bills to make military alliance and thus finish game instantly victorious.
The win condition requires you to own the Wasteland, which was conquered early on by Bretonnia and my alliance with them held the entire game. Problem was, after Archaon got his ass handed to him I couldn't just break the alliance because the Dwarfs would join Betronnia as well so I'd lose the alliance bonus towards my victory. So I spent like 50 turns waiting around until I could blitzkrieg the Frenchmen without the dwarves joining them.

I've completed the ME campaigns as Empire and Dorfs on VH so far.
I've contemplated buying a DLC, but no way I'm playing €20 for a single race.
Was thinking Tomb Kings could be fun though.
What to do.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Is there like a tier list for Warhammer DLC?
Like, what is the best and worst DLC for WH1 and WH2?

Also, in my current VH Dwarf campaign (WH1, don't have WH2), I discovered the Vampire Counts AI somehow got a defensive alliance with Warriors of Chaos. That ended when Archaon showed up, but that's something that never happened before.
Is there mod that stops Wood Elves from being so damn aggressive? They are supposed to be Isolationists, but in every single game so far they pull 4 doom stacks out of their asses and destroy Estalia and Bretonnia.

Parabalus

Arcane
Is there like a tier list for Warhammer DLC?
Like, what is the best and worst DLC for WH1 and WH2?

Also, in my current VH Dwarf campaign (WH1, don't have WH2), I discovered the Vampire Counts AI somehow got a defensive alliance with Warriors of Chaos. That ended when Archaon showed up, but that's something that never happened before.
Is there mod that stops Wood Elves from being so damn aggressive? They are supposed to be Isolationists, but in every single game so far they pull 4 doom stacks out of their asses and destroy Estalia and Bretonnia.

Beastmen is easily the worst.

TK is the best race pack IMO, the lord packs are all worth it if you're gonna play that faction.

WoC doesn't have mandatory war until Archaon showed up, probably VC was at war with Kislev (and Moulder), so when WoC mopped them up they got massive friendship points.

From my experience WE sits tight for 100ish turns, and only moves out after that, try ending them sooner.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Moulder doesn't exist in WH1, but the VC were at war with Empire, so that's probably what happened.
Its actually the first game where the Vampires left Sylvania and pushed the Empire's shit in. The Empire even lost Altdorf to Crooked Moon. Idk how that happened, but it happened. They only have Averland and Marienburg left, and I have to basically fight their war for them so they can rebuild and start trading. I want that book of grudges dammit.

Morkar Left

There seem to be a fuckload of the mods i used to be broken. Damn, can't be bother with that shit anymore...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom