Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I don’t know, I just can’t find these overhaul mods (and tbh mods in general) worth of playing.
The balance in CTT might be a bit... off.
cYSe4o1.png
i wonder though if those modder guys even take care about balance at all.

Most mods are made of Autism, yes.
I generally prefer just bug fixes or QoL changes.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Had urge to replay total warhammer 2 since been playing a fair bit of shogun 2 coop with a buddy and so am in a total war mood, found out to my horror edgy elves/female elves mod is outdated and author doesn't know how to fix them yet.
:negative:

It seems the reason why a lot of mods are outdated/got broken is because of the new CA mod manager, most mod authors just can't figure out how to update for it. Using kaedrin's mod manager is actually a necessary requirement now for quite a few mods, but even if it wasn't, it still makes mod managing easier.

Anyways since armies of haughty elven gals were off the table, went brettonia and using secondary start mod so started with an outpost in araby, fighting in the big empty desert is quite fun when you have a mostly cav army and with bretonia you get given a crusade themed army to start deus vulting right away, fun times. Highly recommend that mod, seems compatible with the big overhauls too. I also saw a mod that adds minor factions like araby, halflings and lustrian amazons, will have to give that a spin next run.

Last edited:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Yeah, that is weird. I think its because Arkhan is 11 levels above the dwarf general and you have chariots. Autoresolve seems to like chariots.
Its probably winnable on the tactical map, just use your chariots wisely and spam magic. The Dwarfs don't have artillery either, so they just brought shame to their ancestors.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I don't watch others play games, but I don't see this a winnable at fucking all. Those skellingtons are shit tier units. Sure, you can deal inproportionally high casualties by kiting with hero, but that's it. Kiting with archers makes barely any difference here, they will be out of ammo without dealing much damage at all.

i only zoom in when the battle is basically finished and my intervention is not required elsewhere, but only when i'm not pissed off by too many losses, which means mostly only at the end of easy battles which somehow in automatic led to too many losses or even a defeat. i use automatic a lot. not because i'm lazy or i'm playing something i don't enjoy, but because loading times are eternal.
the sillogism here is: zooming in is totally pointless until the game stops taking half an hour to load a battle.

Danikas

Arcane
i only zoom in when the battle is basically finished and my intervention is not required elsewhere, but only when i'm not pissed off by too many losses, which means mostly only at the end of easy battles which somehow in automatic led to too many losses or even a defeat. i use automatic a lot. not because i'm lazy or i'm playing something i don't enjoy, but because loading times are eternal.
the sillogism here is: zooming in is totally pointless until the game stops taking half an hour to load a battle.
You need SSD disc loads take about 5-10 sec for me. Only thing you cant fix are turn times, I can imagine how long they will take in Total War: Warhammer III.

Last edited:

Olinser

Savant

I use auto a lot because it's so much faster and it's almost guaranteed to be a total kill of the enemy army. Sure, I COULD spend 20+ minutes fighting it tactically, they have a few units retreat, and I spend ANOTHER 10-15 minutes wiping them out again, or I could just hit auto and accept a few extra casualties and move on to actual challenging battles as long as I'm not actually losing experienced or valuable units.

Years on and the auto is still total crap, though. It seems to have very little rhyme or reason as to what exactly means 'favored'. It seems to DRAMATICALLY over-value some units and under-value others.

Just earlier today there was a not-even full single stack of 16 skaven mid-tier units that attacked a full stack of Dwarves reinforced by a full army of Empire that was General/Captain/Wizard 4 mortars, steam tank, 5 crossbows, 5 greatswords, 2 knights and a full level 5 Fort garrison, and it said the Skaven was FAVORED. Auto resolve had them OUTKILL a freaking Dwarf/Empire army. That's just idiotic.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Oh that's cool. He's the SFO guy, right? Not too familiar with his work, but its still nice to see the WHFB get some love. Maybe GW might catch on and bring it back. I don't mean completely undo AoS (would be nice, but there is a following and shitting on their collections would be just as dickish as what GW did to us), but make it closer to how WHFB used to be. Like, introduce actual geography and history and stuff, with all of the factions fighting it out on a single world instead of fucking around in other dimensions.

Anyway, beat Carcasonne on Very Hard in Warhammer 1.
I do not like Bretonnia, they feel really shitty to play on the harder difficulties. Like, they are a cavalry faction, but there's no anvil for you to make the most out of your hammers, and whilst they do get melee cav that could act as anvils, they are bloody expensive and require your lord to be at least level 5 or else they will be even more expensive.

Like, late game it is pretty fun to get a shit load of grail guardians and just bumrush the enemy, but that's like, super late game and even then you are going to take casualties because of the stat boosts the AI gets on VH.

Aemar

Arcane
Would buy the Tomb Kings DLC but 10 euros for a single faction is too much though, even with the discount happening.

still 60 euros, for still an incomplete but some years old game, which will be made obsolete by the third part yet to come but already announced years before. whose bargain is this for again?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom