Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Totally Not Corrupt Professional Objective Gaming Journalism DRAMA

Angthoron

Arcane
So... One guy is butthurt over someone not liking his not liking of something. Whoa, deep.

Dexter

Arcane
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai...nflammatory-headlines-in-video-game-blogging/

Kamiya-Kotaku.jpg

R75un.jpg

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/288814425081786368

:lol:

Oh, also the Wainwright chick "atheistium" has apparently finally engaged in conversation about all that shit in the thread over here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497024&page=188
I just don't give enough of a fuck to look if there's anything good there.

Black

Arcane
The cunt who got presents from Squeenix and yet denied it?

Executer

Phrenologist
Project: Eternity

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Bayonetta guy is a bro. :salute:

We need more kotaku-hating developers, those assholes need to be shot down. Sadly, most indies only wanna free PR, and western big names can't burn thenselves doing stuff like this... I hope cboyardee avenge us all.

And it's always amusing to see how the kOTAKU website, bastion of weaboos, has so little understanding on how Japan actually works...

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Bayonetta guy is a bro. :salute:

We need more kotaku-hating developers, those assholes need to be shot down. Sadly, most indies only wanna free PR, and western big names can't burn thenselves doing stuff like this... I hope cboyardee avenge us all.

And it's always amusing to see how the kOTAKU website, bastion of weaboos, has so little understanding on how Japan actually works...
That's pretty much one of the defining traits of weeaboos :)

Repressed Homosexual
Why are you guys fawning over GAF inverted so much, are you serious? They are a lot more despicable than the likes of Kotaku, always have been. It is literally nothing but disgusting mouth breathing sycophants who all think the same and are Nintendo fanboys in their thirties drooling at the thought of playing as Princess Peach in Super Smash Bros, and the egotistical inferiority complex afflicted moderators are the worst of the worst. I have never posted there, never would. It is literally the following:

Poster 1: This game sucks!
Poster 2: You tell me!
Mod: Guys I think this game is great, stop trolling if you don't want to get permabanned.
Posters 1 and 2: Oh I see your point! By the way has anyone ever told you how great you are? *10 pages of fellating*

It really shocks me that people who decry Bioware Social all the time would think it on the other hand is praise worthy. Their off topic discussions are worse than the worse of these social justice tumblrs. You are called a bigot if you say you would never date a transsexual because "her vagina feels just the same".

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Why are you guys fawning over GAF inverted so much, are you serious? They are a lot more despicable than the likes of Kotaku, always have been. It is literally nothing but disgusting mouth breathing sycophants who all think the same and are Nintendo fanboys in their thirties drooling at the thought of playing as Princess Peach in Super Smash Bros, and the egotistical inferiority complex afflicted moderators are the worst of the worst. I have never posted there, never would. It is literally the following:

Poster 1: This game sucks!
Poster 2: You tell me!
Mod: Guys I think this game is great, stop trolling if you don't want to get permabanned.
Posters 1 and 2: Oh I see your point! By the way has anyone ever told you how great you are? *10 pages of fellating*

It really shocks me that people who decry Bioware Social all the time would think it on the other hand is praise worthy. Their off topic discussions are worse than the worse of these social justice tumblrs. You are called a bigot if you say you would never date a transsexual because "her vagina feels just the same".

:retarded: links please.

Repressed Homosexual
That's my understand of NeoGAF as well. Though they did have that hilarious DA2-thread going on for them.

It only went on because an admin didn't like the game, was vocal about it and started the thread. That's it. It has been the same thing for like 15 or 16 years now. I have only ever lurked for the news aggregation which these no lifers are better at than anyone else, but the few times I actually read any thread the fellating is endless.

There would be a 50 pages thread of praise, GIFs and injokes if an admin started a thread praising the drinking of urine and all the sycophants would lick their boots and find ways to agree.

It is a bigger horror than any other gaming forum in existence, and it has such a good perception because any dissenting voice is immediately quelled. But as soon as you pay a bit of attention, you realize something is horribly wrong.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I'm currently lolling at the january Pc Gamer UK. They're literally bitching about every upcoming big game in their previews and go at it in their reviews. Let's see if it sticks.

Edge meanwhile goes on choking on every dev and publisher cock they can find. Shame, I really used to dig that one.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Why are you guys fawning over GAF inverted so much, are you serious? They are a lot more despicable than the likes of Kotaku, always have been. It is literally nothing but disgusting mouth breathing sycophants who all think the same and are Nintendo fanboys in their thirties drooling at the thought of playing as Princess Peach in Super Smash Bros, and the egotistical inferiority complex afflicted moderators are the worst of the worst. I have never posted there, never would.

Bullshit, your butt is too raw for that to be the case.

The site is massive, there's bro's that post there as well as the cotton wooled, cliquey faggots. Not to mention there's plenty here who happily shove their noses half way up DU's arse.

Repressed Homosexual
It is Usenet, and then the IGN forums I was on. The place and some of the posters came up frequently and many posted on there. An elitist circle jerk never had any appeal to me.

You're right that even here there are many who "protect the hive", and a contingent who brown nose, but it's not even close to being on the same level.

And granted this isn't unique to there, if you read say the Rock Paper Shotgun comments many of the same principles apply. The one bothersome thing above all is when the party line is enforced with such rigidity, it leaves next to no room for actual genuine debate and for critical thought.

Maybe that's why our forum is able to see and call horrible trends and games for what they are while most all others get dazzled by hype.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom