Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Totally Not Corrupt Professional Objective Gaming Journalism DRAMA

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Eric was super pissed because Sean was taking Susie to the Prom and Eric always liked Susie more than Jill, the girl he settled for.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Everyone else is just mad that Erik doesn't have to be a hypocritical shill and he has the balls and the savvy to call out others for it. None of this would've ever happened if these "journalists" would leave their mom's basements go work a normal job and write reviews on their free time. Instead they become corporate slaves in order to barely support their bohemian lifestyle of talking shit about others on the internet and do some unofficial marketing on the side. They are all parasites.

Now leave me as I weep for the fact that my sister writes for IGN and her boyfriend is the head editor of the IGN from my region.

I totally agree, Julien.

:smug:

grotsnik

Arcane

Delterius

Arcane
Oh, lol. It's ironic that Jason Schreier had such a mouthful to say about Erik, yet two years earlier Kotaku condoned the spread of Wii emulators and even linked to and gave instructions for using them.

http://kotaku.com/5866481/how-to-play-wii-games-in-high-definition-on-your-pc

Yeah, just a few months ago he also said that he thought criticising fellow journalists publicly was bad form and ultimately unhelpful. So it goes.
So I went to Erik Kain's article because he mentioned that, maybe even post a screenshot of Schreier's words. And lo, Kain actually references your article for that information.

So are you folk hero Erik Kain?

grotsnik

Arcane
I'd never seen that before - he must have read my article and then stolen all my laboriously researched copy-pasted quotes., the fucker. I HOPE HIS CAREER SUFFERS

Gozma

Arcane
Whole thing is obviously payback for linking the Codex

they see their death here 'pon the dead and blighted Internet steppe, which God made to train the faithful

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
There's really nothing more that can be said about this. The most this Ben fellow can hope for is that everyone forgets about this before the week's through. He's made such an ass of himself even the PR representatives who thrive on yes men like him would be embarrassed just by being associated with him.

So Forbes considered the Codex a valuable source of journalistic information...congratulations?

deuxhero

Arcane
It's impossible to lose respect for someone like Ben because you have none for him in the first place, but the way Bald and Pig (his bosses) have been handling people complaining about him just shows how far they have fallen into being shills for the industry they once mocked (I remember this one comic where one of them, completely without irony, insults a series they just said they never heard of by accusing it of being for pedophiles, despite being people who fought for games to be taken seriously).

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Here's the article. Just ctrl-f Schreier's name, it links back to the Codex. DAMN JOURNALISM PIRATE.
So i read the article and in the comments one of the worst shitposters from RPS(often featuring a place in the BTE) was fighting the bad fight trying to defend his friend Lauren.

Kadayi - Holy shit you just need to look at his avatar to know the level of retardation within the dude. Avoid his posts if you value your brians...

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Kain seems like a decent chap. Haven't heard of the other guy, but Penny Arcade is pretty gay regardless.

Jashiin

Arcane
Here's the article. Just ctrl-f Schreier's name, it links back to the Codex. DAMN JOURNALISM PIRATE.
So i read the article and in the comments one of the worst shitposters from RPS(often featuring a place in the BTE) was fighting the bad fight trying to defend his friend Lauren.

Kadayi - Holy shit you just need to look at his avatar to know the level of retardation within the dude. Avoid his posts if you value your brians...

The guy is an utter moron. It's so bad with him you start to suspect him of being a shill.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Apparently emulating is now serious business. And when I copy this link [Due to linking to the pirate site link was removed] I will be expecting some drama.

Edit:

It's already here, the infection is spreading, cough cough.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Apparently emulating is now serious business. And when I copy this link [Due to linking to the pirate site link was removed] I will be expecting some drama.

Edit:

It's already here, the infection is spreading, cough cough.
What site did you linked, Ninja? So if i link to the piratebay without a torrent in particular the link will be removed? ITZ coming...

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
But seriously.

What the fuck is Game Journalism?

Press release presentation.

Why the fuck should it even exist?

Some people have nothing better to do than to waste time anticipating future time wasting. They're not awesomely cultured like us here, wasting time by debating about wasting time 1 versus wasting time 2, or bitching about people wasting time differently than we waste time. :obviously:

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
"Finally I'll be able to uncover all the corruption and evil that's ruining this world."

l5xUIiol.jpg

"Time to put my journalism degree to work!"

0xfC2kL.png

"Thanks Mom, Dad and taxpayers!"

8RXX4K6.jpg

Dexter

Arcane
What site did you linked, Ninja? So if i link to the piratebay without a torrent in particular the link will be removed? ITZ coming...
I'm pretty sure it was a joke, since he doesn't even have an Edit timestamp :P

You think a moderator can't beat an edit timestamp? You don't think they go entirely 1984, rewriting codex history whenever it suits them? Well just look at this:

[Due to advocating pirated content this image link was removed]

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
You think a moderator can't beat an edit timestamp? You don't think they go entirely 1984, rewriting codex history whenever it suits them? Well just look at this:

[Due to advocating pirated content this image link was removed]

INFRACTIONS REPORTED DOUBLEPLUSFAST. PLEASE REMAIN AT YOUR COMPUTER TO AWAIT REASSIGNMENT TO THE MINISTRY OF LOVE. ALL HAIL BIG BROTHER.

yZosY0N.jpg

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
"Finally I'll be able to uncover all the corruption and evil that's ruining this world."

"Time to put my journalism degree to work!"

"Thanks Mom, Dad and taxpayers!"

shes one of dem lesbians i heard about

My introduction to masochism was sudden and brutal, much like pain itself. But it also became a feature of my sex life ever since, whether I'm the one getting spanked or the one literally pulling the strings.

but please, spill more of your private sexlife like a 15 year old girl on facebook that just discovered that tits indeed do exist.

very-interesting-funny.jpg

Multi-headed Cow

I thought masochism generally involved getting off on being abused or whatever. The heights of difficult videogames are generally in overcoming the difficulty. Unless a game is particularly well made, like say Nethack (And even recently with Dark Souls). Then the reasons for failure are varied enough the heights come from constantly learning from your mistakes and improving even if you never "Beat the game". If anything easy videogames would have more to do with sadism (Having your way with the videogame) than difficult ones would with masochism and even that would be tenuous.

Then again as a game journalist she probably just throws her hands up in despair if a game doesn't have a quest compass and tell her where Caius Cosades is so she thinks people who like difficult games must like them for the abuse. I'm grumpy and game journalism is full of retards. Somebody hug me!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom