Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Totally Not Corrupt Professional Objective Gaming Journalism DRAMA

Abraxas

Scholar
Patron
Codex 2012 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Adam.png

Plebiscites? :facepalm:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Adam Sessler is sophisticated, man. Just look at his avatar. Games are art, man.

Tommers

Augur
"plebian" "website" maybe? I know that's not what plebiscite means but maybe he thought he was being clever.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I assume so, but it sounds like parasite, which has to be the opposite of what he was hoping for.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Definition of PLEBISCITE
: a vote by which the people of an entire country or district express an opinion for or against a proposal especially on a choice of government or ruler

It refers to the action of doing so and not the result of such an action, which leads me to think he's just a failed writer a journalist.

Dexter

Arcane
Definition of PLEBISCITE
:a vote by which the people of an entire country or district express an opinion for or against a proposal especially on a choice of government or ruler

It refers to the action of doing so and not the result of such an action, which leads me to think he's just a failed writer a journalist.
He actually is, he studied "English Literature": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Sessler and worked for some banks, but apparently got into "gaming journalism" as a show-host on GameSpot TV and then later on actual television with TechTV/G4 X-Play.
He is one of the most obvious shills in the industry and holds his opinion much too highly, but for some reason has this fame about him cause he was on TV for ~10+ years.
They fired him from G4 because of differences and as the network was changing their focus from video games and now he is leading his existence on some unknown YouTube/Web-TV site called "Revision3".

He never watcher a horror slasher movie it seems. This also is pretty antiprogressive from their parts. Its funny, considering the aumount of feminist crap from that site.

Always funny to see those people trying to one-up each other in niceguy-ness, and ending up saying stupid shit . Some of my best friends are sexy white women!

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
More feminist bullshit. Yes ladies, if you mouth off to the wrong guy, he'll probably beat the pretty off of your head. Now go the fuck away!

There's a problem when even "gamers" are trying to force their bullshit politics on everyone. Seriously, we've gone from cutting hookers in half with chainsaws [which nobody gave a shit about years ago] to, fast forward to now: " We can't hurt the innocent wymyn, they are innocent and noble!" I remember the pc gaming community in the 90's, where it was mostly a nihilist, anarchistic [not the political, liberal, kind], grimdark kind of place. Now, it's a community filled with faggots, crybabies, and censors. It's not even the parents, religious, or the government censoring games, it's the fucking gamers themselves. What a nightmare.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
yeah what ever happened to sitting in a dark and smokey room only interrupted by the flicker of your screen when you turn faggots into giblets. back then we fantasized about being an elite navy SEAL, today it's not even fantasy that games are filled with whiney cumwhores that are just out to gobble the dick of the next publisher.

Machocruz

Arcane
Attractive women don't need feminism, or Nice Guys. They can just sit around and society will bend over backwards to help them anyway. And they don't have to worry about how they're going to feed 20 cats in the near future.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Man, that picture would be genuinely funny if it was done by someone who wasn't a butthurt hypocrite who would do the same thing in an instant.

Lancehead

Liturgist
I don't really see that picture as Schreier being butthurt. It reads like a not-so-successful attempt at being humorous while criticising the practice of exclusive review. The problems are that it isn't actually funny, and it doesn't criticise what it's supposed to.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Except he and a bunch of other reviewers had a circlejerk on Twitter about IGN getting the review, while not a single one of them would have passed up the opportunity for an exclusive review had it come their way.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Don't know if this has been posted anywhere yet. Did a search for RPGCodex Ben Kuchera for the last week, and nothing came up.

http://penny-arcade.com/report/arti...ontrol-of-the-second-hand-market-could-be-the

Anyway, Ben Kuchera basically just shows he's a corporate shill all over again. Claims killing the second-hand market will magically fix the gaming industry and shit. Complete misses the point that the second-hand market is a symptom of an inherent problem with the gaming industry itself.

He'll probably receive a free check and console in the mail one of these days.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
From the comments section:

"Just chiming in to say the author is the most disgusting, vilest, corporate lick spittle I have ever seen and should be castrated lest his disgusting toadying habits be passed on to another generation."

:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom