Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix TRIANGLE STRATEGY - tactical RPG from Octopath Traveler devs

Yosharian

Arcane
wow, ng+ seems like a big jump in difficulty... my dumb ass already wiped twice on chapter 1
Yes that's precisely it, the difficulty spikes massively and it's actually a way more deep experience.

The review by whatshisname who 100 percents all his games on YouTube goes into more detail

gamerguy

Educated
wow, ng+ seems like a big jump in difficulty... my dumb ass already wiped twice on chapter 1
Yes that's precisely it, the difficulty spikes massively and it's actually a way more deep experience.

The review by whatshisname who 100 percents all his games on YouTube goes into more detail

'deeper' maybe for conviction stats... combat just seems to be leveling up

if you were 'underleveled' after playthrough #1, it really doesn't seem like you could chess grand master the beginning of ng+ without the stats, which is Zzz to me

I got distracted by another game, but I might come back and mock battle to an appropriate level for all the starting characters...

you can't choose your army at the beginning of the game, so you have to grind those initial five characters, like Roland and Benedict for example

Yosharian

Arcane
It is so refreshing to have a story that is relatively simple yet brilliantly told and not ruined by fucking modern day politics/ideology.

God bless the Japs tbh

Also holy shit the music is good

gamerguy

Educated
It is so refreshing to have a story that is relatively simple yet brilliantly told and not ruined by fucking modern day politics/ideology.

God bless the Japs tbh

Also holy shit the music is good

Yeah, coming from FE:Engage, the story was believable and even interesting. I felt like I was making consequential and nuanced decisions, with... serviceable combat.

I agree about the music too... well written and contextual.

...I'll definitely play again. NG+ kinda fucks you the first few chapters if you don't level the characters they force on you, but it's supposed to open up after chapter 5.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:philosoraptor:
https://www.gematsu.com/2023/06/tri...nd-story-battle-replay-features-extra-chapter
Publisher Square Enix and developer Artdink have released the version 1.1.0 update for Triangle Strategy, which adds chapter and story battle replay features, an extra chapter, and more.

Get the details below.

Switch Patch Notes
  • Added a Character Story replay feature.
  • Added a Story Battle replay feature.
  • Added Extra Chapter events.
    • Note: You must have completed Serenoa’s route in the main story to play the extra chapters.
  • Several issues have been addressed to improve the gameplay experience.
PC Patch Notes
  • War Chronicle
    • Added replay chapter feature.
  • The Tavern
    • Added replay story battle feature.
  • Title Screen
    • Added Extra Story (requires completion of Serenoa’s route).
  • Other
    • Made some battle adjustments for repeat playthroughs.
    • Improved some loot (money and items) dropped by enemies during repeat playthroughs.
    • The “…” symbol animation can now be interrupted and skipped.
    • Assigned a button to skip the company logos that appear when launching the game.
    • Added a relief measure for when achievements cannot be obtained due to a network error.
    • Amended some tutorial text in line with updates.
    • Fixes to other minor bugs.

cruel

Cipher
I started playing this, but it ate 27% of my Steam Deck battery in 50min :/ need to find some ways to reduce this. First impressions were pretty good.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Elthosian

Arcane
Nice to see these positive impressions, the game is super expensive though (almost 70 USD in my Steam region) so hopefully it gets a 50% discount in a couple of weeks.

Yosharian

Arcane
Nice to see these positive impressions, the game is super expensive though (almost 70 USD in my Steam region) so hopefully it gets a 50% discount in a couple of weeks.
Cd keys in stock right now more than 50% off, that's UK though but might be the case in your region too?

Never pay full price for games

Elthosian

Arcane
Cd keys in stock right now more than 50% off, that's UK though but might be the case in your region too?

Never pay full price for games
Damn, thank you! It does say that it is region compatible so I'm probably getting it from there. Might start it next month if I'm done with FE3H and Vestaria by then :salute:

Edit: payment doesn't go through after using like 5 payment methods from 2 countries, RIP, will probably wait for the Steam sale later this month.

Last edited:

cruel

Cipher
It was 50% off during the last Steam sale when I bought it, so I'm pretty sure it will also be 50% off during Summer Sale starting in 2 weeks.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

cruel

Cipher
I'm surprised how good this game is to be honest - I'm in chapter 8, around 15h played. Story that makes sense and is not about saving the world from an ancient evil. Excellent music, attention to detail, fun combat system that includes positioning, height, buffs / debuffs. Also finally some C&C that actually matters and brings serious consequences. Really having a good time with this.

Also - the game is 50% off right now for anyone interested, part of Square Enix Winter Sale on Steam.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I was enjoying this game until a vote didn't go my way.

Instantly lost any interest and eventually uninstalled.

cruel

Cipher
Do you mean the voting about prince Roland in chapter 7? I think you can overcome that if you work on Serenoa convictions via mock battles. Plus, going this way would lock you out one of the endings, unless you go through a very difficult fight without using traps in the map.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Do you mean the voting about prince Roland in chapter 7? I think you can overcome that if you work on Serenoa convictions via mock battles. Plus, going this way would lock you out one of the endings, unless you go through a very difficult fight without using traps in the map.
Building up influence and evidence in order to sway voting is a significant part of the game. So quitting as a result of failing to do that adequately to get whatever outcome you're gunning for is just odd.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I had done everything outside of grinding convictions to sway the vote and when it failed it just felt like a massive waste of time.

Really great game but that mechanic was not enjoyable for me at all.

Last edited:

Yuber

Novice
Yo how complex is this game compared to Tactics Ogre? Does it has good gameplay or is it more shallow?

flyingjohn

Arcane
Yo how complex is this game compared to Tactics Ogre? Does it has good gameplay or is it more shallow?
It is a story focused game. Gameplay can't compare to either tactics ogre or final fantasy tactics.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It is a story focused game. Gameplay can't compare to either tactics ogre or final fantasy tactics.
On the contrary, Triangle Strategy's combat is far better than Tactics Ogre and FFT. Positioning and tactical use of skills matters much more. TO/FFT is basically just about getting the build right. TS is much weaker in that department, character building is mostly linear and it's just a choice on whom you allocate more upgrade resources.

I'd say better in combat, but simpler outside combat. It's a different approach to the genre, you have no generic units or classes and instead each individual unit have their own movesets and stats. Movement has more decision making involved since on top of the back and sides being more vulnerable like in the other games, units also get a reactionary attack to an enemy if their ally attacks from the opposite side. Maps also utilize verticality well, falling damage is brutal when shoving is an option and you have a unit that can do ladders.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom