Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
System Shock one is somewhat understandable
What? The guy is complaining about not being able to play with gamepad and you're telling me it's understandable? As for mouselook, both Spear of Destiny and Wolfenstein 3D were with no mouse and were (and still are) extremely enjoyable.

Okagron

Prophet
Actually Astral Rag spotted it first
And I was JUST writting a post about it here, lol
Aaaa what the hell, here it goes

Some classic games are just too old to be played today. Let's hear from the readers of the prestigious PC Gamer:

Wasteland, the original. I'd love to play the game that was the inspiration for Fallout (love Fallout 1 and 2), but Wasteland is just so unbelievably dated. It was released almost 10 years before Fallout 1, so it's to be expected. But holy cow, I have absolutely no idea what i'm doing in that game.

Deus Ex. I couldn't stand the horrible polygonal graphics, unfriendly GUI and I even wasn't impressed by its clumsy gameplay.

Deus Ex.

Love the sequels, can't stay the course with the original.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. The graphics looked pretty sweet actually with mods and I was really into the branching open ended gameplay and dialogue but every time it broke into combat I just couldn't handle how old school it felt.

FEAR- man I loved that series when it was first released. Fired it up again about a year ago and couldn't do it- too damn ugly.

Planescape Torment for me. I found the writting awfully converluted, and people would witter on endlessly. It still baffles me why its writting is held in such high reguard. Its ideas are brilliant though, i do wish i could get past the dialogue.

and last but not least

Fallout 1 and 2.

Remeber! Games like Deus Ex, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, FEAR, Planescape Torment, Fallout 1 and 2 = too old to be played!
It's their loss. I'm going to continue to enjoy those games in the meantime.

Parabalus

Arcane
System Shock one is somewhat understandable
What? The guy is complaining about not being able to play with gamepad and you're telling me it's understandable? As for mouselook, both Spear of Destiny and Wolfenstein 3D were with no mouse and were (and still are) extremely enjoyable.

In wolfenstein 3d you don't have up/down, just left/right. Bad example.

Dubbing mouselook a superfluous feature is hilarious though, surely you can agree it made first person games much better?

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
I played Deus Ex for the first time recently, and enjoyed the first half of the game a lot. The second half is dogshit though.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Darth Canoli

Arcane

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard

This applies to playing video games in general. Gamers are typically incels. They also typically believe the "nice guys vs bad boys" myth, refusing to accept the reality that masculine men don't fuck women because they are bad people but because they hit the gym from time to time...

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Watch out ladies I just figured out that SoS was overwriting the XP32 skeletons because I had it to low in the MO load order. Once I moved it up all those awesome racemenu sliders loaded up.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Untitled.png

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
To be fair, the realistic low poly 3D trend of the early 2000s was the worst.

When I played Deux Ex for the first time recently, everything was so dark and I could barely make anything out in some levels.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
To be fair, the realistic low poly 3D trend of the early 2000s was the worst.

When I played Deux Ex for the first time recently, everything was so dark and I could barely make anything out in some levels.

That is hardly controversial. The graphics of that era were atrocious.

Codex Year of the Donut
Watch out ladies I just figured out that SoS was overwriting the XP32 skeletons because I had it to low in the MO load order. Once I moved it up all those awesome racemenu sliders loaded up.
Use mater smash to fix same record conflicts between mods

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard

You know what's even funnier? It is all true. The original Deus Ex SUCKS HUGE BLACK COCK! An overrated garbage of a game. People just lost their minds because it had a deep Alex Jones Illuminati plot and was one of the first modern times fps rpgs... Its controls and combat sucked, even for the standards of the day. Was a chore to play but just had good graphics and a good story and we all know what storyfags care about...

I tried replaying Deus Ex unmodded recently and i was about to kill myself. This shit is depression-inducing. At least GMDX makes it somewhat manageable today. Human Revolution AND Mankind Divided are much better games, there is doubt.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Baldur's Gate was already decline when was published. The infinity engine is absolutely the worst thing after ebola. I played BG right after Fallout and could not stand it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom