Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trip the Ark Fantastic | The Hermitage of Pride

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
imagine having to ‘experiment with art styles’ instead of just, I don't know, doing things normally?

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
This game sure is following in the footsteps of Copper Dream/Mechajammer by continuing to switch between artstyles

Last edited:

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
I showed it to schru and he said this!!:

The new style is this quirky thing that has a semi-ironic feeling to it and which you'd sometimes see in some advertising for mobile networks or whatever. I don't like the way the characters carry themselves, and it's such a recognizable way of drawing them at this point.

vazha

Arcane
The old one by a mile. The newer staff got this weirdo kwan sitcom angle going, which I am not a fan of.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Disappointing change. I'm not privy to what exactly is their tone for this game but fairytale isn't best represented through charicrature anthropromorphic animals. The more subtle two legged creatures approach felt more natural with the backdrops. I also can't help but feel the new style is overall just more safe.

It is a inevitable concequence when you change something like this that you lose some of your fans who enjoyed that aspect the most. I haven't paid a cent but I still feel about as disappointed as kickstarters going awry.

vazha

Arcane
Rarely have i seen a game studio so consistently shoot itself in the foot. From a keenly intriguing premise, setting & art direction, they went to something I'd not be touching with a ten foot pole. Well done and good riddance.

Vlajdermen

Arcane
I still like the background art, at least, but the character design is shit compared to the original. Organic animals > geometric shapes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom