Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Two Worlds II Footage

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Reality Pump Studios; Two Worlds II

<p>Here's some <a href="http://twoworldsvault.ign.com/fullstory.php?id=58838" target="_blank">new gameplay footage</a> showcasting combat, crafting and questing.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#16061">RPGWatch</a></p>

kris

Arcane
hoverdog said:
fighting ostriches and rhinos, you must be kiddin me.

Again opens up that question as to why animals in RPG games want to kill themself against humans. Not even predatory animals normally attack humans. A fucking ostrich? sigh.

Two Worlds 2 end boss:

ostrich-0776.jpg

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
kris said:
hoverdog said:

Again opens up that question as to why animals in RPG games want to kill themself against humans. Not even predatory animals normally attack humans. A fucking ostrich? sigh.

Rats also want to kill humans. Happened in the greatest game evah: Fallout.

hoverdog said:

You're right, rats are the only plausible human killing vermin.

Shannow

Waster of Time
commie said:
kris said:
hoverdog said:

Rats also want to kill humans. Happened in the greatest game evah: Fallout.
Archibald said:
Wannabe elitists strike again with their double standarts.
Huh? Oh obviously non-elite subhumans, please be so as to point out where the elites praise rats or similar nonsense animal-enemies in Fallout or similar "elite" games.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Shannow said:
Huh? Oh obviously non-elite subhumans, please be so as to point out where the elites praise rats or similar nonsense animal-enemies in Fallout or similar "elite" games.

By virtue of some wildlife (ostrich lolz) being 'pooh poohed' by the monocle wearers when I haven't seen a single complaint about this type of thing by these 'elites' regarding any other game, and certainly not any of the Codexia trinity. This type of thing is in virtually EVERY RPG ever made, so why all of a sudden turn your nose at it? Because it's in a game that isn't looked upon favorably by the elitists?

By all means, whine about character progression, mechanics, gameplay..but whining about trashy creatures to fight? You're fucking kidding me. I think ostrich and rhino at least are a bit of variety compared to the 'rat' or 'wolf' in every other fantasy game.

Phelot

Arcane
Wolves, bears, and rats have always been pretty much standard fare and Kris never even claimed other good games don't use them as well, but it's telling that a newer game isn't yet willing to try something else or new other then switching up which animals the player massacres.

Shannow

Waster of Time
commie said:
By virtue of some wildlife (ostrich lolz) being 'pooh poohed' by the monocle wearers when I haven't seen a single complaint about this type of thing by these 'elites' regarding any other game, and certainly not any of the Codexia trinity. This type of thing is in virtually EVERY RPG ever made, so why all of a sudden turn your nose at it? Because it's in a game that isn't looked upon favorably by the elitists?

By all means, whine about character progression, mechanics, gameplay..but whining about trashy creatures to fight? You're fucking kidding me. I think ostrich and rhino at least are a bit of variety compared to the 'rat' or 'wolf' in every other fantasy game.
So because you close your eyes to all threads whining about rats in FO, somebody who asks for believable wildlife in a game is a hypocritical elitist? Sure you don't want check your own hypocracy before judging others?

A user named cat

Hate to nitpick something so aesthetic, but I really hate how no wounds or any effects are shown from your attacks. You slice something, blood sprays out but the enemy model remains flawless. Irritating really. What is so hard about implementing wound effects or even gibbing when they were doing it all the way back in the early 90's? Lazy fucks.

commie said:
[W]ildlife (ostrich lolz) being 'pooh poohed' by the monocle wearers when I haven't seen a single complaint about this type of thing by these 'elites' regarding any other game ...
Damn your eyes sir. If you can't acknowledge the imbecility of fisticuffs with an ostrich than you're a Godless trouble-making bolshie, and I have a good mind to have my manservant horsewhip you for your insolence.

Ostrich melee is exactly the class of music hall farce one normally encounters in gag-ridden, lower-order rubbish like Fallout 2. I won't have it my ARPGs. No sir.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Shannow said:
commie said:

So because you close your eyes to all threads whining about rats in FO, somebody who asks for believable wildlife in a game is a hypocritical elitist? Sure you don't want check your own hypocracy before judging others?

I'm not the one whining about ostriches in Two Turds now am I?

But tell me, what IS believable in a fantasy game anyway? Do dragons make the cut? Orcs? Giant spiders? Dire wolves? Vicious ostriches? Rhino's? I dare say that rhinos are dangerous as fuck in real life, so why complain that they are vicious in a game when 99% of things in the wilderness in RPG's are dangerous anyway?

Why can't ostriches in Andaloor be vicious flesh eaters?

muds_animal_friend said:
Damn your eyes sir. If you can't acknowledge the imbecility of fisticuffs with an ostrich than you're a Godless trouble-making bolshie, and I have a good mind to have my manservant horsewhip you for your insolence.

Ostrich melee is exactly the class of music hall farce one normally encounters in gag-ridden, lower-order rubbish like Fallout 2. I won't have it my ARPGs. No sir.

Good call. :thumbsup:
How's fisticuffs with a rat though?

Drakron

Arcane
Your defense is fanboy defense, shame on you and we already had plenty of games with passive wildlife.

Edit:

Saw the video and its retarded, the ostrich run to attack as did the rhino ... none used any sensible attacks as the ostrich did not kick and the rhino did not charged.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
racofer said:
I like the part where the character swings his both swords around while looking at the sky.

And your avatar is looking to the left while riding a giant cock. Your point? :smug:

racofer

Thread Incliner
Havoc said:
racofer said:
I like the part where the character swings his both swords around while looking at the sky.

And your avatar is looking to the left while riding a giant cock. Your point? :smug:

Autopilot, bitch.

Can't say your puny fighter has one of those on his swords :smug:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Drakron said:
Your defense is fanboy defense, shame on you and we already had plenty of games with passive wildlife.

Edit:

Saw the video and its retarded, the ostrich run to attack as did the rhino ... none used any sensible attacks as the ostrich did not kick and the rhino did not charged.

How many games with passive wildlife as the norm? Oh, that's right, there are none! Besides if you could read you'd see that I mentioned the 1% of creatures that ARE passive in RPG's.

As for how creatures attack, well that's hardly a thing to damn a game for as all your beloved games have creatures that don't attack as they do in reality. Wait a moment, in the early Might and Magics they ; get this; they warp magically from grid square to grid square! They don't charge or kick, but just stand there making an awkward 'attack' sprite move! How about that eh? In modern games the humble rat somehow tears half your face off despite in reality being only at best able to try and nip your toe through your boots. Damn this unreality! Damn it all to hell!

Better luck next time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom