Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Two Worlds II Footage

bhlaab

Erudite
Can't possibly be as bad as gothic 4 can it?

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
bhlaab said:
Can't possibly be as bad as gothic 4 can it?

When I played Fallout 3... I thought to myself "Damn... this game is fucking stupid. They can't get more dumb... can they?". Then Arcania came.

But I hope with TW2 it won't be the case... I hope.

Archibald

Arcane
commie said:
Drakron said:
Your defense is fanboy defense, shame on you and we already had plenty of games with passive wildlife.

Edit:

Saw the video and its retarded, the ostrich run to attack as did the rhino ... none used any sensible attacks as the ostrich did not kick and the rhino did not charged.

How many games with passive wildlife as the norm? Oh, that's right, there are none! Besides if you could read you'd see that I mentioned the 1% of creatures that ARE passive in RPG's.

As for how creatures attack, well that's hardly a thing to damn a game for as all your beloved games have creatures that don't attack as they do in reality. Wait a moment, in the early Might and Magics they ; get this; they warp magically from grid square to grid square! They don't charge or kick, but just stand there making an awkward 'attack' sprite move! How about that eh? In modern games the humble rat somehow tears half your face off despite in reality being only at best able to try and nip your toe through your boots. Damn this unreality! Damn it all to hell!

Better luck next time.

Don`t bother, you`re just a 2010 newfag. And Shannow is biggest hyporcite of them all.

kris

Arcane
commie said:
Shannow said:
commie said:
By virtue of some wildlife (ostrich lolz) being 'pooh poohed' by the monocle wearers when I haven't seen a single complaint about this type of thing by these 'elites' regarding any other game, and certainly not any of the Codexia trinity. This type of thing is in virtually EVERY RPG ever made, so why all of a sudden turn your nose at it? Because it's in a game that isn't looked upon favorably by the elitists?

By all means, whine about character progression, mechanics, gameplay..but whining about trashy creatures to fight? You're fucking kidding me. I think ostrich and rhino at least are a bit of variety compared to the 'rat' or 'wolf' in every other fantasy game.
So because you close your eyes to all threads whining about rats in FO, somebody who asks for believable wildlife in a game is a hypocritical elitist? Sure you don't want check your own hypocracy before judging others?

I'm not the one whining about ostriches in Two Turds now am I?

But tell me, what IS believable in a fantasy game anyway? Do dragons make the cut? Orcs? Giant spiders? Dire wolves? Vicious ostriches? Rhino's? I dare say that rhinos are dangerous as fuck in real life, so why complain that they are vicious in a game when 99% of things in the wilderness in RPG's are dangerous anyway?

Look, people have complained about this a long time. The rats in fallout being one of the classic complaints, just because you don't know about it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. and there are plenty of games with animals that doesn't attack on sight. Even in Baldurs gate the bears didn't attack unless you got to close to them or attacked them yourself.

and no, Rhinos are not dangerous as fuck in real life. They need to be provoked to attack a human and might still prefer to run.

If 99% of things in the wilderness in a RPG is dangerous, then that is shitty. Especially in a open world one when encounters isn't made for relevance. But apart from Diablo I don't think there is a RPG were that high perecntage attacks.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
kris said:
Rhinos are not dangerous as fuck in real life. They need to be provoked to attack a human
Yes they are and no they don't, respectively.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS IN REAL LIFE ARENT THE GBIG ASS BIRDS MEAN SOMETIMES!!??

BROS SERIOUSLY OTHER BROS HERE ARE RIGHT KAMIKAZE WILDLIFE ISNT NECESSARILY REALISTIC BUT THIS WOULDNT BE THE FIRST GAME WITH THIS FAULT

GECKOS TOO BRO GECKOS WERE MEAN AS FUCK

FAR CRY TOO IS ONE OF THE ONLY GAMES I CAN THINK OF WITH PASSIVE WILDLIFE YOU CAN JUST RUN THEM DOWN AND SHOOT THEM

NOW YOU SHOULD HAVE TO FIGHT ELEPHANTS IN A GAME ELEPHANTS ARE UNBELIEVABLE ASSKICKERS

kris

Arcane
Sceptic said:
kris said:
Rhinos are not dangerous as fuck in real life. They need to be provoked to attack a human
Yes they are and no they don't, respectively.

Taken from various sources.

Basically the black rhinos can attack random things due to bad eye sight and fear of the unknown. They are also known to attack trees. :D White rhinos as seen is very unlikely to make an actual attack (the most common rhino) and the asian rhino's prefer to run away.

Most rhinos are gentle and timid. They have a bad reputation for being very aggressive, but that may be partly because they get frightened easily. Also, they have poor eyesight. They rely on their strong sense of smell to tell them a stranger is approaching. But if the wind is blowing the wrong way, they may not know someone is there until it’s too late.

The white rhino has a mild and inoffensive personality compared to the black rhino. They are very curious and tend to move away from conflict rather than confront it with attack. Sometimes a mock charge will take place to scare off intruders.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
:rage:

For some reason I've been reading the whole thread as "hippos". When I saw "black rhino" I only then noticed my mixup.

I'm a bit surprised at the black being more aggressive though. From what I noticed when I was in Africa the blacks (hurr) are much more shy and much, much harder to see in the first place. I guess the comparison is in the case where you manage to corner them, then the black is more likely to attack.

But yeah, if they wanted African animals that attack on sight, buffalos and hippos (or hell, even elephants) would've been much better than ostriches and rhinos. That said... seriously, who cares. I can't wait to face attacking hordes of ostriches! especially if they get the sounds right.

Nedrah

Erudite
Look fagots,
the comment actually said that many monsters are much too hard to take on in the beginning, limiting exploration in just the same way as the early Gothics did.

Quality gameplay right there - so shut up about how there are no visible wounds and rhinos raped your ostrich and crap. The game may still suck, it probably will, but not for the reasons that you :x-man-i-wish-i-had-been-around-when-the-codex-didn't-blow tools are babbling on about.

:x

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom