Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Two Worlds interview at RPG Watch

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Ida know. I thought he was a "normal" poster (see his old posts) until something hit him on the head about a year ago.

Dmitron

Arbiter
TalesfromtheCrypt said:
But hey, what are dumbfuck titles made for? :)

Providing someone with so much attention that they'll never leave.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
TalesfromtheCrypt said:
And you know, if you start, this could get outta control, the codex would be nearly wiped clean of life, a great cleansing. An atomic spark struck by human hands, quickly raged out of control. Spears of nuclear fire rained from the skies, continents were swallowed in flames and fell beneath the boiling oceans. Humanity was almost extinguished, their spirits becoming part of the background radiation... you know the rest.
That's beautiful. When do we start?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Do I need my special nuclear cleansing hat and cane? I lost them during the battle for evermore. I only have the special nuclear cleansing tie left.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
geminito said:
It's not Oblivion, so RPG Codex loves it!

This site stinks and your opinions are not surprising.
What a dumbfuck!

By your logic, everybody here loves Dungeon Lords(eww) because it's not Oblivion. If this site's negative disposition towards Oblivion offends you, go back to the ESF.

There are enough Volourns here anyway.

Hazelnut

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
So, is there a single good reason why I shouldn't ban his dumb ass? I don't mind different opinions, but his posts are nothing but spam.

Only the fact that there have been many better candidates who didn't get banned.. IMHO. I will admit that the Codex's traditional spam/troll defense mechanism (something about poking with sticks or providing enough rope for hanging..) seems to have been significantly weakened over the course of 2006 so maybe it's time for a policy change. I dunno what I think, although I seem to remember him from a couple of years back and don't remember any spamming. Another (converted) dumbfuck I guess.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
VD

I don't really care. It might set an unhealthy precedent to banning annoying guys, but then again, it's the Codex' staff site, so if they want to ban, heck, why not. But you should keep in mind the spam/good posts ratio of other posters if you do that (myself not excluded). I don't mind some spam as long as it is mildly amusing.

Really, I would be more happy with Hazelnut's suggestion - get the internal anti-moron defenses up and running again and flame the sucker to oblivion. Even if it doesn't make him go away it makes for an amusing read.

denizsi

Arcane
I suggest purging accounts to discourage spammers every 4 or 6 months, instead of absolute bans. As close as it should get to banning in my opinion.

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
Jasede said:
VD

I don't really care. It might set an unhealthy precedent to banning annoying guys, but then again, it's the Codex' staff site, so if they want to ban, heck, why not. But you should keep in mind the spam/good posts ratio of other posters if you do that (myself not excluded). I don't mind some spam as long as it is mildly amusing.

Really, I would be more happy with Hazelnut's suggestion - get the internal anti-moron defenses up and running again and flame the sucker to oblivion. Even if it doesn't make him go away it makes for an amusing read.

Being annoying/spammish and posting nothing at all apart from the occasional "UR SITE R SUCK AND VD LIEKS IT IN TEH POOPER. ROOFLES" are on a slightly different level.

Kraszu

Prophet
He does not even like Oblivion if he would he would play it all the time so he would have no time to post on forums.

Excrément

Arbiter
Vault Dweller said:
So, is there a single good reason why I shouldn't ban his dumb ass? I don't mind different opinions, but his posts are nothing but spam.

80% of the rpg codex news are Oblivion and Gothic 3 spams also.
Ban him, then ban yourself, then ban me.
Just let Roqua alone in this forum. At least if RPG Codexbecome Roqua's blog, it would be fun.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Excrément said:
Vault Dweller said:

Uh, no, they aren't. Even your posts, as annoying as they are sometimes, are not spam. Despite your occasional attacks and heated disagreements, I've never threatened you with a ban. However, someone who [re]posts dumb one-liners just because he can is basically a spambot and thus not needed here.

Anyway, Geminito, if you are reading it, that's your last and final warning.

Baphomet

Scholar
I was reading the latest PC Gamer (it's either that or Wired in the office bathroom) and it was said that you could combine magic. For example, a fire spell and a wind spell to make an insane firestorm. Sounds pretty spiffy.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
I finally got around to reading the RPGWatch invterview. It actually sounds pretty interesting plus it's a Polish team that actually has made decent games in the past. It'll probably turn out to be Oblivion with lesser graphic (and more buggy) but here's hoping.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
FrancoTAU said:
I finally got around to reading the RPGWatch invterview. It actually sounds pretty interesting plus it's a Polish team that actually has made decent games in the past. It'll probably turn out to be Oblivion with lesser graphic (and more buggy) but here's hoping.

It'll probably turn out to be an Oblivion which at least brought the stuff it promised into the game [not like dumbing down the AI because it made too much trouble before... even though it was one of the most advertised features!]

vazquez595654

Arbiter

You should not ban him. If you are worried at all about the Codex' reputation you will not ban him. The codex already gets the "hive mind", snotty old guys who all think alike and are the only ones who know anything about rpgs mentality. Yes some of his post have been pointless, but a lot more of them have been dissenting (even if not very good), which is the very reason he is useful to this site. He increases the sites credibility with his opposing views. We don't get enough of that here. Even Volourn is pretty "hive-mindish".

vazquez595654

Arbiter
The only thing I heard about this game was that it was going to be a Diablo2 clone. If it's done right, which no game has since Diablo2 (well maybe Fatethegame.com sorta, but it was simplistic) it could be fun. I have no other expectations from this game besides that, so the no choices and crappy dialogue arguments are mute to me.

Vault Dweller

Developer
vazquez595654 said:
If you are worried at all about the Codex' reputation you will not ban him.
What is the Codex reputation? A place where dumbfucks will never get banned or a place where people may express themselves freely [in a discussion] without worrying about getting banned if their opinions differ from those of the site's admins?

Yes some of his post have been pointless, but a lot more of them have been dissenting...
In the past. Not lately.

He increases the sites credibility with his opposing views.
He doesn't. "This site sucks" is not an opposing view, it's a silly, biased attack based on his silly, biased vision of the site (the Codex hates Oblivion - an awesome game, but loves Two Worlds simply because it's not Oblivion). Geminito has been acting like a fucking retard lately, so we might as well do him a favor and ban his ass from the site he dislikes so strongly.

Excrément

Arbiter
Vault Dweller said:
Excrément said:
Vault Dweller said:

Uh, no, they aren't. Even your posts, as annoying as they are sometimes, are not spam. Despite your occasional attacks and heated disagreements, I've never threatened you with a ban. However, someone who [re]posts dumb one-liners just because he can is basically a spambot and thus not needed here.

Anyway, Geminito, if you are reading it, that's your last and final warning.

if we consider as spam "every post which is not constructive for the topic of the thread" then I guess my spam rate is about 95% and an average codexer get a spam rate around 80% too. Maybe Geminito increased its score lately but nothing worse than many other codexers.
but, maybe, you apply a "annoying multiplicator" to posts that personnally attack you or this website then Gemnito may compete with Volourn.
but this "annoying multiplicator" is too subjective as you can see and can only materialize in a "dumbfuck" label but not a ban. You ban someone for objective reasons, you "dumbfuck" for subjective reasons.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Just ignore him. He doesn´t deserve a nano-second of our attention.

About the game, it looks nice, especially with the PS sharpen filter.

And in the RPGWatch interview, the first pic of the monster, is he dancing disco?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Excrément said:
if we consider as spam "every post which is not constructive for the topic of the thread"...
I don't. If people wish to talk about something else in any given thread, they are welcome to do so.

but, maybe, you apply a "annoying multiplicator" to posts that personnally attack you or this website then Gemnito may compete with Volourn.
I don't do that either. Volourn can get away with a lot because he's smart, can present and defend his arguments in a discussion, and his reviews/impressions are well presented and explained.

vazquez595654

Arbiter
...Volourn can get away with a lot because he's smart, can present and defend his arguments in a discussion, and his reviews/impressions are well presented and explained.

Is there a Codex mission statement somewhere? Are there requirements to the quality of the post?

If you write something pointless, but it's funny, it's okay. (Roqua)
If you write something pointless, but it sounds smart, it's okay. (KC)
If you write something pointless, but you defend the hell out of it, it's okay. (Volourn)
If you write something pointless, but it attacks the site, you're screwed. (geminito)

What if I were to say, VD can't get the taste of Volourns cock out of his mouth. You keep defending him. Even when he explained to you that you were full of shit for trying to defend him and you insisted that he was a good poster, referring to his past post as evidence. Yeah this guy is bashing the site, so what? What exactly about this one poster, who you obviously don't like, and who has a post count in the low triple digits threatens you or this site so much?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom